Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Are Some Of The Plugins Based Off Of?, any emulation?
LejonBrames
post Dec 12 2014, 05:50 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,313

Just curious what some of the compressors and EQ were based off of.

There's the Retro Comp, which I'm told were based of Urei and DBX designs, which as far as I know are 2 difference designs, so I dont actually know whats going on inside of it. Any input?

Electro-Optical, is that LA-2A based, or just nondescript 'optical' compressor designed?

Then we have the Retro Limiter, which also has compression models. Are those based on anything? Or even close to anything familiar? Just a design of their own?

UltraMaxit seems to just be a limiter, but again, is it based on anything already existing?

Screamer, while not a compressor/EQ per se, I'm assuming is just kind of based on overdrive pedals.

So the EQ's, we have Brightness, which is obvious. Retro EQ is supposed to be API 550A

Liquid Air-Q appears to be something like a Maag but with different freq points

Clarisonix is another easy one.

Retro Filter seems to just be filters with a single EQ band to use. Is it based on anything? What makes it 'retro'?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nick
post Dec 12 2014, 12:24 PM
Post #2

Staff

Group: Team
Member No.: 11,576

QUOTE (LejonBrames @ Dec 12 2014, 05:50 AM) *
Just curious what some of the compressors and EQ were based off of.

There's the Retro Comp, which I'm told were based of Urei and DBX designs, which as far as I know are 2 difference designs, so I dont actually know whats going on inside of it. Any input?

Electro-Optical, is that LA-2A based, or just nondescript 'optical' compressor designed?

Then we have the Retro Limiter, which also has compression models. Are those based on anything? Or even close to anything familiar? Just a design of their own?

UltraMaxit seems to just be a limiter, but again, is it based on anything already existing?

Screamer, while not a compressor/EQ per se, I'm assuming is just kind of based on overdrive pedals.

So the EQ's, we have Brightness, which is obvious. Retro EQ is supposed to be API 550A

Liquid Air-Q appears to be something like a Maag but with different freq points

Clarisonix is another easy one.

Retro Filter seems to just be filters with a single EQ band to use. Is it based on anything? What makes it 'retro'?

Hello LejonBrames,

We worked with the developers to put together plug-ins that were the best sounding tools for the studio.

Some of the developers have a large collection of 'vintage' gear that have become the reference for mixing as they have proved to be the essential tools for recording and mixing.

The Retro compressor has been modeled on the best sounding of those 'vintage' designs: Urei and DBX to have the 'analog warmth' that all those units are sought out for.

The Electro-Optical is based on those who used the 'optical' method of measuring the input like the Pultec, the Retro Limiter is a blend of the best 'retro' limiters that exist for that 'golden age' of studio effects.

UltraMaxit is a brickwall limiter that like a lot of 'maximizers' goes further than the original ones as software products can add an incredible amount to your average peak level.

Screamer yes is very similar to the 'stomp boxes' out there, but with a few more options.

Retro EQ does have an API 550A sound, but as I said it is a blend of the best sounding 'vintage' EQs.

Liquid Air-Q like Maag and some other high-end EQ who specialize in treating the ultra high-end to give 'air' to a sound.

Retro Filter is modelled on those retro 'vintage' filters that exist in the collection of our developers and they have quite a few in their personal studios.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
LejonBrames
post Dec 13 2014, 12:09 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 17,313

QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ Dec 12 2014, 12:24 PM) *
Hello LejonBrames,

We worked with the developers to put together plug-ins that were the best sounding tools for the studio.

Some of the developers have a large collection of 'vintage' gear that have become the reference for mixing as they have proved to be the essential tools for recording and mixing.

The Retro compressor has been modeled on the best sounding of those 'vintage' designs: Urei and DBX to have the 'analog warmth' that all those units are sought out for.

The Electro-Optical is based on those who used the 'optical' method of measuring the input like the Pultec, the Retro Limiter is a blend of the best 'retro' limiters that exist for that 'golden age' of studio effects.

UltraMaxit is a brickwall limiter that like a lot of 'maximizers' goes further than the original ones as software products can add an incredible amount to your average peak level.

Screamer yes is very similar to the 'stomp boxes' out there, but with a few more options.

Retro EQ does have an API 550A sound, but as I said it is a blend of the best sounding 'vintage' EQs.

Liquid Air-Q like Maag and some other high-end EQ who specialize in treating the ultra high-end to give 'air' to a sound.

Retro Filter is modelled on those retro 'vintage' filters that exist in the collection of our developers and they have quite a few in their personal studios.

Best Regards,

Nick

How is the electro-optical compressor modeled off a pultec, an EQ?

+Quote Post
Jasmes
post May 30 2015, 01:01 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 18,089

QUOTE (LejonBrames @ Dec 12 2014, 07:09 PM) *
How is the electro-optical compressor modeled off a pultec, an EQ?

I'm guessing that was a way to say it is based off the Tube-Tec CL1B, which is often associated with Tube-Tec's pultec gear.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:08 AM