Sonnox Group Buy 2015
Nick
post Mar 10 2015, 07:26 PM
Post #1

Staff

Group: Team
Member No.: 11,576

Hello Everybody,

If you encountered an issue joining in to the Group-Buy, please log-out of the forum and log-back in. Then "Refresh" the GB page and all should be fine !

This is the place to ask questions or communicate with fellow Sonnox Group Buyers.

The 2011 Sonnox Group Buy was a great success, we had lots more subscribers than as needed to reach the goal.

Let's make history repeat itself!! smile.gif

Sonnox Group Buy 2015!

Best Regards,

Nick
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gemylon
post Mar 10 2015, 10:49 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,244

QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ Mar 10 2015, 07:26 PM) *
Hello Everybody,

This is the place to ask questions or communicate with fellow Sonnox Group Buyers.

The 2011 Sonnox Group Buy was a great success, we had lots more subscribers than as needed to reach the goal.

Let's make history repeat itself!! smile.gif

Sonnox Group Buy 2015!

Best Regards,

Nick

Not possible to enter anywhere.
I have logged into both the Store and the Forums,
but It keeps asking me to log in ...

I give up for now.

Geir

+Quote Post
mgoorevich
post Mar 11 2015, 09:13 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,257

I bought an Elite bundle in a previous group buy promotion.

But I will buy NO MORE of any Sonnox plugins in my life.
This is why:

1. All Sonnox original prices are too high comparing to other high end, pro plugins. The 50% is not enough. Most plugins should be discounted by 60 - 90% to be attractive today.
E.G: Sonnox EQ Native $315 vs DMG Equality $150 or FabFilter Q2 $160. And there are many more!
Same story with other plugins, none of which are unique quality wise.

2. When you decide to sell it, there is an outrageous fee you must pay to sonnox $150 + iLok fee $50 = $200.
3. You can't sell plugins purchased as bundle separately even though they are separate licenses in your iLok account.
4. The upgrade from v4 TDM to Native AAX v5 is $160.

So my Elite TDM I bought for $1300 in Don't Crack Group Buy on December, 2009, today requires another $160 to update to Native v5! So think twice about the value of today group buy promotion by Sonnox.

5. I love Don't crack and purchased other products from them with joy. This is only corresponds to Sonnox outdated policy.
We must first ask Sonnox to change it if they want to sell another 300 license in one drop!

+Quote Post
Nick
post Mar 11 2015, 11:50 AM
Post #4

Staff

QUOTE (Gemylon @ Mar 10 2015, 10:49 PM) *
Not possible to enter anywhere.
I have logged into both the Store and the Forums,
but It keeps asking me to log in ...

I give up for now.

Geir

Hello Geir,

Some people have got through and subscribed, but we have had reports that other are having problems.

It seems to be linked to the web browsers they are using.

Our webmaster is working on it so it won't be a problem for any browser.

We expect it will be fixed today.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
eric
post Mar 11 2015, 02:00 PM
Post #5

Manager

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Hi all,

Apologies for the issue where some where not able to subscribe to the Sonnox Group-Buy page...

That is now FIXED !

You may need to Log-out from the forums and log back in to the forums to be able to register.

Please let us know if you encounter any further issues.

Thanks - Eric

--------------------
Eric Nolot
President & CEO

+Quote Post
tea
post Mar 12 2015, 01:13 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 17,576

Thanks for the fix smile.gif but yesterday the GML was on the list and now it's not does that mean it's not part of the Group deal now?

+Quote Post
Nick
post Mar 12 2015, 05:52 PM
Post #7

Staff

QUOTE (tea @ Mar 12 2015, 01:13 AM) *
Thanks for the fix smile.gif but yesterday the GML was on the list and now it's not does that mean it's not part of the Group deal now?

Hello tea,

There was a bug between the product pages and Group Buy page, the GML option shouldn't have been there.

The GML option and the Codex Toolbox are the only two products that are not part of the Sonnox group buy.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
Nick
post Mar 12 2015, 06:23 PM
Post #8

Staff

QUOTE (mgoorevich @ Mar 11 2015, 09:13 AM) *
I bought an Elite bundle in a previous group buy promotion.

But I will buy NO MORE of any Sonnox plugins in my life.
This is why:

1. All Sonnox original prices are too high comparing to other high end, pro plugins. The 50% is not enough. Most plugins should be discounted by 60 - 90% to be attractive today.
E.G: Sonnox EQ Native $315 vs DMG Equality $150 or FabFilter Q2 $160. And there are many more!
Same story with other plugins, none of which are unique quality wise.

2. When you decide to sell it, there is an outrageous fee you must pay to sonnox $150 + iLok fee $50 = $200.
3. You can't sell plugins purchased as bundle separately even though they are separate licenses in your iLok account.
4. The upgrade from v4 TDM to Native AAX v5 is $160.

So my Elite TDM I bought for $1300 in Don't Crack Group Buy on December, 2009, today requires another $160 to update to Native v5! So think twice about the value of today group buy promotion by Sonnox.

5. I love Don't crack and purchased other products from them with joy. This is only corresponds to Sonnox outdated policy.
We must first ask Sonnox to change it if they want to sell another 300 license in one drop!

Hello mgoorevich,

You are right in saying that there are now quite a few great sounding EQ out there and that they are very competitively priced. All of them are slightly different in their treatments and overall sound, and at that level of quality, it becomes a matter of individual taste. Ease of use, the design of the interface, and the amount of 'fine-tuning one can do also figures in the evaluation of the plugins usefulness. Sonnox is pretty good on delivering on all three of those points.

And that goes for the entire product line, for example the Reverb, Limiter, SuprEsser, Inflator, are right at the top of their class. The Pro-codex is a fantastic tool for getting the ultimate quality when you move your mix to a different format such as .mp3, you can tweak until the mix until it can't really get any better. Once again providing that competitive edge that just might make the difference between a 'great' product and a 'superb' one.

Another sign of their commitment to the 'high-end' is the fact that they have ported almost all their products to be HD-HDX for ProTools, in a way they had to, because a very high percentage of their user base is working on this platform. And that was costly in terms of development, others chose not to do that and perhaps that is why they offer their products at a lower price point.

I have been on the 'inside' and seen what it takes to move a set of plug-ins to a new format. And going to AAX DSP and Native is one of the more difficult undertakings, time and expense-wise. You can't have people coding for a substantial amount of time and not pay them for their efforts. The least expensive plug-ins are VST only, those companies who have invested in re-coding their Plug-ins in AAX DSP or Native charge a fee for the upgrades to pay the people who did it for them, it is that simple.

All this to say that Sonnox product represent a certain 'value' and deliver 'quality' tools, They have recently had promos and sales that allow people to get their 'work' at a reasonable price, including this Group Buy . I am sure they sincerely hope you get enjoyment and some monetary compensation for the investment you made making your music sound as good as possible using them.

And thank you for your kind words about DontCrack. We will try to continue to help you get the products you would like to have at the most reasonable price we can offer them at.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
drumvarna
post Mar 19 2015, 03:11 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 15,362

Hi Nick

I cant understand if Im in the Group Buy or not? I followed the advice to Log in -Log out, but I cant still figure out if Im In or Not!

Im using Cubase 5, and PC with Windows 7 64bit, wich Essential bundle is suitable for me, Native or HD?
I think to change Cubase 5 with Cubase 8 pro soon.

Best Regards

Yordan Borisov

+Quote Post
Nick
post Mar 20 2015, 12:39 PM
Post #10

Staff

QUOTE (drumvarna @ Mar 19 2015, 03:11 PM) *
Hi Nick

I cant understand if Im in the Group Buy or not? I followed the advice to Log in -Log out, but I cant still figure out if Im In or Not!

Im using Cubase 5, and PC with Windows 7 64bit, wich Essential bundle is suitable for me, Native or HD?
I think to change Cubase 5 with Cubase 8 pro soon.

Best Regards

Yordan Borisov

Hello Yordan,

I took a look for your name and for 'drumvarna' and nothing turned up.

Could you please try again, wouldn't want you to miss out.

For your Cubase 5 or Cubase 8, the Essential Native Bundle is what you need as you will be using the VST plug-in format, which is good as it is at a better price than the HD. It is for ProTools users who used the HDX hardware with the AAXDSP format.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
drumvarna
post Mar 20 2015, 03:34 PM
Post #11

Hi Nick.
I try again, and I think that now everything is Ok!

10x for the information!

Regards from Bulgaria

Yordan

+Quote Post
Nick
post Mar 20 2015, 05:22 PM
Post #12

Staff

QUOTE (drumvarna @ Mar 20 2015, 03:34 PM) *
Hi Nick.
I try again, and I think that now everything is Ok!

10x for the information!

Regards from Bulgaria

Yordan

Hello Yordan,

I took a look for your name and for 'drumvarna' and still nothing turned up.

What email and forum log-in did you use?

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
drumvarna
post Mar 21 2015, 01:50 PM
Post #13

Hi Nick.
My mail is: danbd6@yahoo.com
Forum log is Drumvarna

Regards

Yordan

This post has been edited by drumvarna: Mar 21 2015, 01:59 PM

+Quote Post
clive.gardner
post Mar 22 2015, 10:20 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 17,893

Will the plugs be invoiced directly from Sonnox or from a third party? I ask from a tax point of view. Sonnox being a UK company selling to me in the UK would need to slap 20% VAT on top of those prices (unless they are tax inclusive?). If we're being billed by a US company (for example), no tax to add.

+Quote Post
dougfury
post Mar 23 2015, 04:23 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 17,896

Question:
For this Sonnox group buy, do the "native" versions include 64 bit aax?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:16 AM
DontCrac[k] © 2005 - 2023