Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Grm Fusion Interface Problem
atonia
post Oct 29 2012, 11:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,820

i am on osx 10.7. when i use fusion in logic/mainstage it seems to be updating the parameters only when the interface is open. it wont respond to midi when the interface is closed. fusion doesn't even produce audio when i restart a session until i have opened its interface for the first time. then almost every time i open the GUI everything freezes for more than a minute. there seems to be a serious graphical issue with fusion.

i really love this plug so i hope this gets fixed soon. right now it's barely usable and a constant troublemaker in my fx chain.

thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
grmtools
post Oct 30 2012, 10:31 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,521

Hi,

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce your problem on 10.8.
Are you sure to use the latest version of GRM Tools v3.3 ?

Best Regards,

Emmanuel

+Quote Post
atonia
post Oct 30 2012, 02:10 PM
Post #3

Thanks for your quick reply!

I only have the Evolution Bundle, and currently i run 1.3, which should be the latest. Maybe i should try updating my OS to 10.8, but i hardly believe that this would fix it.

When i use MIDI control, i usually only map it to the superslider to do preset morphing. Maybe that's where the problem is, but i am not sure. But the problem is definitely real and persists ever since i use fusion.

I'll keep trying and report back.

+Quote Post
Nick
post Nov 1 2012, 04:33 PM
Post #4

Staff

Group: Team
Member No.: 11,576

QUOTE (atonia @ Oct 30 2012, 02:10 PM) *
Thanks for your quick reply!

I only have the Evolution Bundle, and currently i run 1.3, which should be the latest. Maybe i should try updating my OS to 10.8, but i hardly believe that this would fix it.

When i use MIDI control, i usually only map it to the superslider to do preset morphing. Maybe that's where the problem is, but i am not sure. But the problem is definitely real and persists ever since i use fusion.

I'll keep trying and report back.

Hello Atonia,

The latest Evolution Bundle is 1.3, you're right.

The loading time is really too long and your MIDI problem isn't normal either.

As Emmanuel from GRM said he couldn't get the same erratic behaviour while using it in OS 10.8

That doesn't mean you have to upgrade to solve the problem but is there a way to trash the preferences associated with the GRM Fusion?

There might be something that slows it down or causes it to be unresponsive.

Best Regards,

Nick

--------------------------------------------
DontCrac[k]
Nick Hamilton - Product Manager
nick@dontcrack.com
http://www.dontcrack.com
- JOIN US ON FACEBOOK -

+Quote Post
atonia
post Nov 26 2012, 08:33 PM
Post #5

In the latest Logic/Mainstage the interface seems to respond faster, but unfortunately the main problem with the Superslider control still persists and it makes it hard for me to use the plugins at all. i just investigated it a little more:

It seems that both Evolution and Fusion have the same problem and it affects only the Superslider. All the other controls can be controlled via midi without problems. But changes in the Superslider only become audible when the plugin interface is open. As long as the interface is closed MIDI messages to the Superslider don't take effect, even though its position seems to have changed when reopening the interface after moving the MIDI controller.

The Superslider is the most powerful control on the interface and it is the only one i need to MIDI control. I use the plugins mainly for live processing and to me the Superslider is one of the essential features for that, so i am sort of desperate right now. Am i really the only one having this issue?

Please have another look and try to fix this up.

Thanks for the hint about trashing the preferences, but i have no idea where to look for those

Thanks

+Quote Post
Nick
post Nov 27 2012, 05:01 PM
Post #6

Staff

QUOTE (atonia @ Nov 26 2012, 08:33 PM) *
In the latest Logic/Mainstage the interface seems to respond faster, but unfortunately the main problem with the Superslider control still persists and it makes it hard for me to use the plugins at all. i just investigated it a little more:

It seems that both Evolution and Fusion have the same problem and it affects only the Superslider. All the other controls can be controlled via midi without problems. But changes in the Superslider only become audible when the plugin interface is open. As long as the interface is closed MIDI messages to the Superslider don't take effect, even though its position seems to have changed when reopening the interface after moving the MIDI controller.

The Superslider is the most powerful control on the interface and it is the only one i need to MIDI control. I use the plugins mainly for live processing and to me the Superslider is one of the essential features for that, so i am sort of desperate right now. Am i really the only one having this issue?

Please have another look and try to fix this up.

Thanks for the hint about trashing the preferences, but i have no idea where to look for those

Thanks

Hello atonia,

I sent your message on to GRM and we should get a reply pretty soon.

It is strange that the superslider is the only one that needs the plug-in in the foreground in order to be enabled for midi.

Best Regards,

Nick

DontCrac[k]
nick@dontcrack.com
- JOIN US ON FACEBOOK -

+Quote Post
Nick
post Dec 3 2012, 04:06 PM
Post #7

Staff

Hello atonia,

I got a reply from GRM on Friday and the solution will be in the next update.

They are working on it for you and it will be coming out very soon.

Best Regards,

Nick

DontCrac[k]
nick@dontcrack.com
- JOIN US ON FACEBOOK -

+Quote Post
atonia
post Dec 3 2012, 05:49 PM
Post #8

Thanks a lot for taking care of this !!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:44 PM