Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

26 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> P&m Plug-ins Bug Reports, Please report bugs or any kind of problems using DC V.I.P. Plug-ins
bisszerk
post Feb 17 2013, 06:15 AM
Post #106

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,986

QUOTE (bisszerk @ Feb 15 2013, 08:44 PM) *
I found that if pro tools crashed while using any of the plug and mix plugins,
then the plugins used in that session will be permanently disabled. For example
as I had the reverb loaded into a session, pro tools crashed. After that I could
start any session and try to load the reverb plugin and it will always cause a
crash showing the .dll as the problem. I reinstalled pro tools and the plugin,
and also ran system maintenance tools to clear the registry. This did not fix
the problem. In order to fix the problem I installed a demo of another plug and
mix plugin and ran that in the session, then from the pro tools plugin window I
selected the reverb and somehow it worked again.I still can't load the reverb directly...
I have to select another plugin first, then load the reverb from the plugin window... Also
if the project is saved with the reverb it will crash on open.

Just thought you should
investigate. I am on Windows 7 64 bit AMD Athlon X2 Pro Tools 8.05 M-Powered
running RTAS.

btw here is

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: ProTools M-Powered.exe
Application Version: 8.0.5.60
Application Timestamp: 4d6f7153
Fault Module Name: PM-Digital Reverb.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 50e0a736
Exception Offset: 0007beac
Exception Code: c000000d
Exception Data: 00000000
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 425a
Additional Information 2: 425aa9b97cbbbe3c5bc7ce8828e7b5c7
Additional Information 3: ff5b
Additional Information 4: ff5b09f5da69d71ff3456b7ea87579f4
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bisszerk
post Feb 28 2013, 08:37 AM
Post #107

QUOTE (bisszerk @ Feb 17 2013, 12:15 AM) *
btw here is

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: ProTools M-Powered.exe
Application Version: 8.0.5.60
Application Timestamp: 4d6f7153
Fault Module Name: PM-Digital Reverb.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 50e0a736
Exception Offset: 0007beac
Exception Code: c000000d
Exception Data: 00000000
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 425a
Additional Information 2: 425aa9b97cbbbe3c5bc7ce8828e7b5c7
Additional Information 3: ff5b
Additional Information 4: ff5b09f5da69d71ff3456b7ea87579f4

It seems that it is actually only the reverb that is causing issues.

Any news on this yet?

+Quote Post
erickuo
post Mar 19 2013, 01:13 AM
Post #108

Member No.: 12,205

Is this a bug?

+Quote Post
Nick
post Mar 19 2013, 11:03 AM
Post #109

Staff

Group: Team
Member No.: 11,576

QUOTE (erickuo @ Mar 19 2013, 01:13 AM) *
Is this a bug?

Hello Erikuo,

Not really a bug, it depends on what signal is being fed to the plug-in.

If it is a mix that varies in its dynamics which most do then the output level will vary below the Maximum of the -0.3dB in the setting so the master could show a level inferior to that level.

It is a continuous signal such as a sine wave at -0.3dB then yes in theory it should match in the Master fader's output.

Then if there is a difference then either software could have a problem about how the levels are displayed.

Next point is that any plug-in or hard ware for that matter when engaged and not in bypass will be acting on the signal and modifying it and therefore potentially changing the overall output.

With almost everything we do to the audio path it is best to trust your ears, not the displays, when one hears distortion for example, it doesn't matter if a displays says it is not clipping, your ears are the ultimate judge.

Hope this helps.

Nick

+Quote Post
rlwing
post Mar 27 2013, 03:44 PM
Post #110

Member No.: 12,288

I posted this on FaceBook before I found this forum. PLEASE HELP!

Hi, Not sure how to get help so I'll try here. I received my "free" plug for sharing your page, California Tone, and I've tried to install it, as well as a few others for demo, but I cannot find the California Tone in Pro Tools 10, and the others, like British Tone, give an error dialog when launching, "Couuld not find the PM-British Tone Presets directory." Any ideas?

I have Pro Tools 10, and am attempting to install the AAX version.

Thanks,

Rob

--------------------
Mac OSX 10.7.5
ProTools 10
M-Audio Profire 2626
Lots of other stuff

+Quote Post
patrik@wahlund.n...
post Mar 28 2013, 02:16 PM
Post #111

Member No.: 12,387

Dear P&M

I recently got the P&M ULTRAMAXIT through your nice free deal and was excited to try it out.

Problem
1) I use Pro Tools 10 on a MacBook Pro with two user accounts setup one for my writing work and second for music. When I try to install the plug-in on the music user it tells me that user does not have admin rights and the activation fails. Interestingly the music user has admin rights. It also seems it does not setup the plug-in presets correctly on the music user as they are lacking from the menu.

2) I erased all files related to the plug-in and installed it on my "work user" since it was the first user created. Installation works fine and so does the activation procedure. During the installation I am told that the program installed the plugin for all users. Great news!! biggrin.gif

3) I log back on to use plug-in on my "music user" and find the plugin installed but running as a demo, so I simply click the menu and try to activate but now I get same error message again. The presets are not installed and the plugin cannot be activated and only runs as a demo.

Is there a solution to this problem? I have browsed the forum and read the FAQ. I do want to keep using separate users/accounts for my music and work since I do not want many help programs running in the background I rely on when using my computer for other things than creating music.

Keep up the good work, it is a great plug-in apart from this small problem I encountered.

Running: OSX 10.8.2; ProTools 10.3.2; AVID Eleven Rack

Regards /Patrik

This post has been edited by patrik@wahlund.nu: Mar 28 2013, 02:33 PM

+Quote Post
bisszerk
post Mar 30 2013, 09:51 PM
Post #112

QUOTE (bisszerk @ Feb 28 2013, 02:37 AM) *
It seems that it is actually only the reverb that is causing issues.

Any news on this yet?

I have since upgraded to pro tools 10 and the AAX version of the plugins... Works perfect now.

+Quote Post
DontCrack
post Apr 3 2013, 04:22 PM
Post #113

DontCrack Staff

Member No.: 67

QUOTE (rlwing @ Mar 27 2013, 04:44 PM) *
I posted this on FaceBook before I found this forum. PLEASE HELP!

Hi, Not sure how to get help so I'll try here. I received my "free" plug for sharing your page, California Tone, and I've tried to install it, as well as a few others for demo, but I cannot find the California Tone in Pro Tools 10, and the others, like British Tone, give an error dialog when launching, "Couuld not find the PM-British Tone Presets directory." Any ideas?

I have Pro Tools 10, and am attempting to install the AAX version.

Thanks,

Rob

Hello Rob,

We need a bit more information please.

Are you on Mac or PC, what OS version, the exact version of ProTools would be very helpful.

Thanks.

--------------------
Eric Nolot
CEO / President
www.DontCrack.com

+Quote Post
DontCrack
post Apr 3 2013, 04:25 PM
Post #114

DontCrack Staff

Member No.: 67

QUOTE (patrik@wahlund.nu @ Mar 28 2013, 03:16 PM) *
Dear P&M

I recently got the P&M ULTRAMAXIT through your nice free deal and was excited to try it out.

Problem
1) I use Pro Tools 10 on a MacBook Pro with two user accounts setup one for my writing work and second for music. When I try to install the plug-in on the music user it tells me that user does not have admin rights and the activation fails. Interestingly the music user has admin rights. It also seems it does not setup the plug-in presets correctly on the music user as they are lacking from the menu.

2) I erased all files related to the plug-in and installed it on my "work user" since it was the first user created. Installation works fine and so does the activation procedure. During the installation I am told that the program installed the plugin for all users. Great news!! biggrin.gif

3) I log back on to use plug-in on my "music user" and find the plugin installed but running as a demo, so I simply click the menu and try to activate but now I get same error message again. The presets are not installed and the plugin cannot be activated and only runs as a demo.

Is there a solution to this problem? I have browsed the forum and read the FAQ. I do want to keep using separate users/accounts for my music and work since I do not want many help programs running in the background I rely on when using my computer for other things than creating music.

Keep up the good work, it is a great plug-in apart from this small problem I encountered.

Running: OSX 10.8.2; ProTools 10.3.2; AVID Eleven Rack

Regards /Patrik

Hello Patrik,

I would suggest "repairing permissions" we had some other people who had this and once they "repaired" everything went well.

The latest Mac OS versions have been full of "tricks" as the modifications done by Apple lately have not been well documented.

Best Regards,

--------------------
Eric Nolot
CEO / President
www.DontCrack.com

+Quote Post
rlwing
post Apr 5 2013, 09:31 PM
Post #115

QUOTE (DontCrack @ Apr 3 2013, 09:22 AM) *
Hello Rob,

We need a bit more information please.

Are you on Mac or PC, what OS version, the exact version of ProTools would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Mac OSX 10.7.5
Pro Tools 10.0.0

--------------------
Mac OSX 10.7.5
ProTools 10
M-Audio Profire 2626
Lots of other stuff

+Quote Post
rlwing
post Apr 7 2013, 04:31 AM
Post #116

QUOTE (rlwing @ Apr 5 2013, 02:31 PM) *
Mac OSX 10.7.5
Pro Tools 10.0.0

Figured it out. It was a permissions problem with the install directory. Might want to add that to the FAQ, or fix the install to set permissions properly. Just a suggestion.

Great amp modelers, can't wait to try the rest of the suite.

--------------------
Mac OSX 10.7.5
ProTools 10
M-Audio Profire 2626
Lots of other stuff

+Quote Post
patrik@wahlund.n...
post Apr 7 2013, 06:42 PM
Post #117

Member No.: 12,387

QUOTE (DontCrack @ Apr 3 2013, 04:25 PM) *
Hello Patrik,

I would suggest "repairing permissions" we had some other people who had this and once they "repaired" everything went well.

The latest Mac OS versions have been full of "tricks" as the modifications done by Apple lately have not been well documented.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Strangely enough it did not solve the problem (it should have). However, the information helped me to figure out what was the problem. I manually assigned the "music" user rights to write in the library folder containing P&Ms authorization program and it worked like a charm

Thanks /Patrik

+Quote Post
Nick
post Apr 8 2013, 11:21 AM
Post #118

Staff

QUOTE (patrik@wahlund.nu @ Apr 7 2013, 07:42 PM) *
Hi,

Strangely enough it did not solve the problem (it should have). However, the information helped me to figure out what was the problem. I manually assigned the "music" user rights to write in the library folder containing P&Ms authorization program and it worked like a charm

Thanks /Patrik

Hello Patrik,

Glad to hear that you are up and running now.

Thanks for investigating the permissions and going even further and figuring out the "music" user rights angle.

I am going to add it to my responses to my list of "trouble-shooting" items for those people having issues on the Mac.

Great input, thanks again.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
Notes
post Apr 27 2013, 02:22 PM
Post #119

Member No.: 12,663

Not sure if anyone has the same issue or pointed this one out yet...

I installed the Pro Tools 10.3.5 update yesterday and when opening a session today containing the Plug & Mix plug-ins I get the following message in the Pro Tools session notes.

"The following plug-ins were made inactive because they could not be found in the plug-ins folder:" followed by the list of course.

I verified that the P&M AAX bundle is actually in the plugins folder and it was. (Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins/Plug and Mix)
So I thought maybe uninstalling & reinstalling might do the trick, yet so far this didn't help me to solve this issue.

Thx for any help, cheers

+Quote Post
Nick
post Apr 29 2013, 02:34 PM
Post #120

Staff

QUOTE (Notes @ Apr 27 2013, 03:22 PM) *
Not sure if anyone has the same issue or pointed this one out yet...

I installed the Pro Tools 10.3.5 update yesterday and when opening a session today containing the Plug & Mix plug-ins I get the following message in the Pro Tools session notes.

"The following plug-ins were made inactive because they could not be found in the plug-ins folder:" followed by the list of course.

I verified that the P&M AAX bundle is actually in the plugins folder and it was. (Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins/Plug and Mix)
So I thought maybe uninstalling & reinstalling might do the trick, yet so far this didn't help me to solve this issue.

Thx for any help, cheers

Hi Notes,

Thanks for your interest in DontCrack and Plug&Mix.

Another thing that has got people up and running is to manually assigned the "music" user rights to write in the library folder containing P&Ms authorization program.

The Mac OS has been full of "tricks" as the modifications done by Apple lately have not been well documented.

Try this then re-install and it should work, some other people had this little problem.

If it doesn't solve the problem get back to me as soon as you can.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post

26 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
9 User(s) are reading this topic (9 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:02 PM