Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where Are We At?
roughdraftaudio
post Dec 4 2008, 01:13 PM
Post #1

Rough Draft Audio

Group: Members
Member No.: 309

Thought I'd provide an update on what's been going on...

Over the last year, I've changed jobs a couple of times, which has eventually lead me to have a little more time for working on what I would prefer to be doing smile.gif

Alas, I've not had so much time to continue with projects such as the one spoken of here, but I'm just coming back to that now - huzzah!

Most of my audio dev for the last year has been on a project I was commissioned for. It's a MIDI app/plugin, and should be out soon, I'm not allowed to talk about it just yet, but it had some good mathematical challenges in it, a crash course in the graphics32 library (which I will be using more and more) and some file format stuff too... I'll be waving flags for it when it's out smile.gif

Another project I was involved with was helping doing some of the conversion work of EarMaster for Mac OSX. It was a good project, I helped with some of the low level audio stuff, not a lot, just getting PortAudio to operate. I thoroughly recommend the software, so anyone looking for ear training stuff - go look smile.gif

The KVR DC is on for 2009, and I'm hoping to put in an entry, prob a synth this time, and (provided all goes well) it should be for Mac as well as PC.. but we'll see!

I've also got a few other ideas that need to be brought blinking into the sunshine, some freeware, some will be payware..

So, there ya go.. I might try and do a website refresh as well rolleyes.gif

DSP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
runagate
post Jul 11 2009, 12:15 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,804

QUOTE (roughdraftaudio @ Dec 4 2008, 07:13 AM) *
Over the last year, I've changed jobs a couple of times, which has eventually lead me to have a little more time for working on what I would prefer to be doing smile.gif

That's always a good way to go... congrats!

QUOTE (roughdraftaudio @ Dec 4 2008, 07:13 AM) *
The KVR DC is on for 2009, and I'm hoping to put in an entry, prob a synth this time, and (provided all goes well) it should be for Mac as well as PC.. but we'll see!

I just stumbled upon your forum here again and finally signed up after all this time while looking for links for a big old essay I've written about
"unclassifiable" freeware VST effects on the ootray.com blog.
The idea behind which is describing effects that fall outside the categories that everyone already knows they want some version of
(delay, bitcrusher, convolution, etc.) and a little of how a maniac like me might use them wink.gif
Somehow I'd left out my notes for all but one of your plug-ins!

I'm always excited for anything you create so I'm glad to see you're entering the DC09!

Seriously, congrats again on having time to pursue things you care about inamongst all your professional and charitable projects hehehe.

- runny
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 08:27 AM