Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> P&m Plug-ins Suggestions, Any cool plug-in you'd like us to do ? Post it here !
geroyannis
post Nov 8 2014, 02:18 AM
Post #106

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,868

Hi, I just realized that Digital Reverb (unlike Digital Plate) sums the input signal to mono before processing. Could you change it so that it keeps the stereo information like Digital Plate does? Sometimes I like to pan the reverb send of some instruments to the sides of the stereo field but that can't be done if the input signal is summed to mono.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nick
post Nov 13 2014, 12:15 PM
Post #107

Staff

Group: Team
Member No.: 11,576

QUOTE (geroyannis @ Nov 8 2014, 02:18 AM) *
Hi, I just realized that Digital Reverb (unlike Digital Plate) sums the input signal to mono before processing. Could you change it so that it keeps the stereo information like Digital Plate does? Sometimes I like to pan the reverb send of some instruments to the sides of the stereo field but that can't be done if the input signal is summed to mono.

Hello geroyannis,

I did a little test and you are correct, although the Digital Reverb doesn't sum the left or right signal to mono. The pre-delayed or initial signal stays where it was positioned in the stereo field.

The source stays in position but a less intense part of the signal does go to the opposite side to be present in the overall 'picture' of the reverb as it would in reality. An instrument played on the left of the stage in a hall would flow out to all parts of the space and be less loud in the furthest opposite corner to a listener. It is an accurate representation. But I understand what you would like it to do.

The Digital Plate if you send on the left, the source like that of the digital reverb stays left and the reverb is totally left as well, the right does the same, if hard panned right.

Both reverbs were based on vintage analogue models that had these characteristics.

Maybe in a further revision, we could add a function where the pre-delay, early reflections and tailing off stay in place according to the assignment in the stereo field. It would be less 'real' if you see what I mean but would accomplish the 'effect' you are looking for.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
4lyna
post Dec 2 2014, 11:47 PM
Post #108

Member No.: 16,569

hello there,

i am not sure if anybody came up with these things already, but i'd just throw in a couple of ideas...

- a (stereo) delay with further effects on board - phaser, distortion, ... maybe even with the ability to assign bespoke effects to single taps (ok, might be a little over the top, but absolutely awesome after all wink.gif )
- similar reverb plugin, meaning where you can add effects to the tail
- some kind of metering-suite-plugin for loudness/stereo field/dynamic range...
- multi-mode filter plugin with some kind of lfo/envelope stuff going on to get rhythmic filter effects

i guess thats all for now wink.gif

however, keep up the work guys - your plugins are absolutely great! couldn't think of a session without using at least some of them wink.gif

+Quote Post
Notes
post Jan 13 2015, 09:13 AM
Post #109

Member No.: 12,663

Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to add the VIP bundle license to an USB stick to make it easier when traveling between studios? The 5 authorizations would run out in no time, also I haven't found a way to deactivate the license when my job is done at lets say studio X... as it is not my intention to give every studio a free VIP bundle on my expense. A transportable license would be an awesome addition. Thanks

+Quote Post
Nick
post Jan 15 2015, 11:33 AM
Post #110

Staff

QUOTE (Notes @ Jan 13 2015, 09:13 AM) *
Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to add the VIP bundle license to an USB stick to make it easier when traveling between studios? The 5 authorizations would run out in no time, also I haven't found a way to deactivate the license when my job is done at lets say studio X... as it is not my intention to give every studio a free VIP bundle on my expense. A transportable license would be an awesome addition. Thanks

Hi Notes,

Thanks for your interest in DontCrack and Plug&Mix.

Copyright protection is a necessary evil, but we have tried to make it real easy for our clients by making it a simple "serial number" authorisation.

As you said you can authorise up to Five machines/studios with your license.

So you could install the P&M V.I.P. Bundle at the site you are working. When the DAW reboots it will ask for your "serial number" that you can carry with you on your internal drive or USB Key (in case you forgot it, you can even log in to our store look at your order history and retrieve it from there.)

Of course when you install and authorise at another site, you are effectively giving away one of your licenses, so it would be advised to trash the P&M folder after finishing the job.

As you are using an external drive as your boot disk, you won't have to do this if the DAW you are using is on that drive as well.

If you are using the client's DAW, it will have to find the plug-ins in the folder where that DAW needs to find it. (where the plug-ins are, for example with ProTools in the Library/Application support/Avid folder) Just trash that when you are done.

You should be able to do this quite a few times with your serial as the fact you trash the folder resets the count on that machine.

I you ever find you have exhausted the license, just send me a support ticket and I will get you a 'fresh' serial.

Here is the link for that:

http://www.plugandmix.com/about/contact/

Hope this is clear enough and helps you out.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
Notes
post Jan 18 2015, 01:19 PM
Post #111

Member No.: 12,663

QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ Jan 15 2015, 11:33 AM) *
Hi Notes,

Thanks for your interest in DontCrack and Plug&Mix.

Copyright protection is a necessary evil, but we have tried to make it real easy for our clients by making it a simple "serial number" authorisation.

As you said you can authorise up to Five machines/studios with your license.

So you could install the P&M V.I.P. Bundle at the site you are working. When the DAW reboots it will ask for your "serial number" that you can carry with you on your internal drive or USB Key (in case you forgot it, you can even log in to our store look at your order history and retrieve it from there.)

Of course when you install and authorise at another site, you are effectively giving away one of your licenses, so it would be advised to trash the P&M folder after finishing the job.

As you are using an external drive as your boot disk, you won't have to do this if the DAW you are using is on that drive as well.

If you are using the client's DAW, it will have to find the plug-ins in the folder where that DAW needs to find it. (where the plug-ins are, for example with ProTools in the Library/Application support/Avid folder) Just trash that when you are done.

You should be able to do this quite a few times with your serial as the fact you trash the folder resets the count on that machine.

I you ever find you have exhausted the license, just send me a support ticket and I will get you a 'fresh' serial.

Here is the link for that:

http://www.plugandmix.com/about/contact/

Hope this is clear enough and helps you out.

Best Regards,

Nick

Thank you for the info Nick.

If I understand it correctly the license gets stored in to the Pro Tools plug-in folder itself. As in my documents folder there's also a folder containing a file called VIP1.dc (C:\Users\*******\Documents\Plug and Mix\Licensing\VIP1.dc) do I need to trash this folder as well when leaving the location DAW behind? All the rest sounds pretty clear to me, thanks again

+Quote Post
Nick
post Jan 19 2015, 11:52 AM
Post #112

Staff

QUOTE (Notes @ Jan 18 2015, 01:19 PM) *
Thank you for the info Nick.

If I understand it correctly the license gets stored in to the Pro Tools plug-in folder itself. As in my documents folder there's also a folder containing a file called VIP1.dc (C:\Users\*******\Documents\Plug and Mix\Licensing\VIP1.dc) do I need to trash this folder as well when leaving the location DAW behind? All the rest sounds pretty clear to me, thanks again

Hello Notes,

Yes, it would be a good idea to get rid of the VIP1.dc file. It helps to 'reset' of the license and will help keep the count of license from increasing.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
4lyna
post Mar 23 2015, 08:14 PM
Post #113

hey there,

i'd like to suggest a clipper plugin for upcoming p&m products - although there's plenty of limiters on the market, what i miss is a high quality clipper, maybe with two main settings for soft and hard clipping respectively. the vu meter could function as some kind of gain reduction meter. what do you think?

cheers!

+Quote Post
Nick
post Mar 27 2015, 06:36 PM
Post #114

Staff

QUOTE (4lyna @ Mar 23 2015, 08:14 PM) *
hey there,

i'd like to suggest a clipper plugin for upcoming p&m products - although there's plenty of limiters on the market, what i miss is a high quality clipper, maybe with two main settings for soft and hard clipping respectively. the vu meter could function as some kind of gain reduction meter. what do you think?

cheers!

Hello 4lyna,

That is a great idea.

With everyone pushing their tracks to the limits, it is very useful.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
Toon
post Mar 27 2015, 08:56 PM
Post #115

Member No.: 11,572

QUOTE (4lyna @ Mar 23 2015, 08:14 PM) *
hey there,

cheers!

Nice,would be great with a waveform display to see how much of the peaks are being clipped.

+Quote Post
4lyna
post Mar 27 2015, 10:56 PM
Post #116

QUOTE (Toon @ Mar 27 2015, 08:56 PM) *
Nice,would be great with a waveform display to see how much of the peaks are being clipped.

yes, that would definitely be awesome - visual feedback is always welcome smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nick
post Mar 30 2015, 03:55 PM
Post #117

Staff

QUOTE (4lyna @ Mar 27 2015, 11:56 PM) *
yes, that would definitely be awesome - visual feedback is always welcome smile.gif

Hello 4lyna,

Yes, visual feedback is important.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
Kouki Tani
post Jan 24 2018, 02:17 PM
Post #118

Member No.: 24,967

Hi,

I bought a "Pro Series" of p&m product.
Everything is a very wonderful plug-in!

But I propose that knee setting and the Look ahead function are necessary to a compressor.

I'm not good at English and am sorry.

Thanks for the nice series.

looking forward to new developments.

+Quote Post
Kouki Tani
post Jan 25 2018, 08:08 PM
Post #119

Member No.: 24,967

mistake!

Not a Look ahead, but high pass filter.

+Quote Post
eric
post Jan 28 2018, 04:15 PM
Post #120

Manager

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Hi Gonbee,

Thanks for the useful comments. I passed along to the development team.

Kind Regards - Eric

--------------------
Eric Nolot
President & CEO

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
11 User(s) are reading this topic (11 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:09 AM