> Pm-basspeg Crashes Reaper
Rating 5 V
obeatz
post Jan 14 2017, 07:53 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,850

Hi there,
while scanning for new plugins Reaper crashes when recognising PM-Basspeg. The other four new additions seem to work so far. I double checked in two different machines / WIN10 64bit
Cheers

This post has been edited by obeatz: Jan 14 2017, 08:06 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Optivoks
post Jan 14 2017, 06:13 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 17,267

Apparently not only Reaper... same with Cubase 9/Cubase 8.x/Vegas/Ableton Live 9/WaveLab/... (Windows 64-bit)

Cubase 9 does not crash during its scan for new plug-ins, but it adds "PM-Basspeg" wisely to its integrated 'blacklist' and hence the plug-in cannot be used (BTW great new feature in C9) When trying to manually 'force' the plug-in out of the blacklist, Cubase 9 crashes.

There is obviously something wrong with "PM-Basspeg"

I also confirm that the other new plug-ins are working OK.

Looking forward for an update to Basspeg!

Best regards.

This post has been edited by Perry Diels: Jan 14 2017, 06:14 PM

+Quote Post
johnk
post Jan 14 2017, 11:06 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 22,496

Was trying to send a bug report but the normal channel failed. Looks like others are ahead of me anyway.

Confirming the failure of Basspeg in Reaper ver 5.x

This said, really welcome the chorus and pitch controls, and above all, the entry of a noise gate in the suite. Makes the environment nearly complete.

John K

+Quote Post
damoflplug
post Jan 15 2017, 03:19 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 16,873

also crashes in Studio One 3.3.3 and in FL Studio 12.4.1

+Quote Post
SantoClemenzi
post Jan 15 2017, 03:35 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 14,787

Same problem here. Win 10 Home 64 bit, after installation of new version with new plugins Reaper crashed during the VSTs check. Cleared and re-scanned all plugins didn't solve the problem, it still crashes whenever the Basspeg is reached during the scan. Hope for a quick fix, it was actually the most interesting for me tongue.gif

Thanks anyway for these new additions, i LOVE Plug & Mix stuff, hope to receive a fix for the basspeg soon!

+Quote Post
johnk
post Jan 15 2017, 05:50 PM
Post #6

Santo,

Can't fix the plug, but uninstall the suite, or just the dll for Basspeg. Probably fresh install after uninstall is best.

Next, find the reaper-vstplugins.ini file. Look in the Users folder for your user name. Then go to the Appdata\roaming folder, then the Reaper folder. Open the ini file with notepad. Basspeg will be one of the last line entries. Delete the line after deleting the plugin and then save the file.

Restart Reaper and everything should work. Then if you want, reinstall the P&M suite with Basspeg unchecked. Note that failed plugs in the ini file have a name of the dll = then some numbers. The line does not have a comma followed by the plugin name. Successfully registered plugs have the dll name, = , bunch of numbers, a comma, and the plugin name. Only strange thing is that this method of failing plugs should have protected Reaper from crashing on restart.

Hope this helps,

John

+Quote Post
aoVI
post Jan 16 2017, 05:32 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 12,552

Basspeg crashing Studio One 3.3.3 (win7/64) on initial scan here as well. Other plugs working fine.

+Quote Post
SantoClemenzi
post Jan 16 2017, 08:50 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (johnk @ Jan 15 2017, 05:50 PM) *
Restart Reaper and everything should work. Then if you want, reinstall the P&M suite with Basspeg unchecked. Note that failed plugs in the ini file have a name of the dll = then some numbers. The line does not have a comma followed by the plugin name. Successfully registered plugs have the dll name, = , bunch of numbers, a comma, and the plugin name. Only strange thing is that this method of failing plugs should have protected Reaper from crashing on restart.

Hi John! Thank you very much for your explanation, actually Reaper crashed only the first time during VST scanning (I tried twice because I also tried to clear the cache and re-scan), but after the first time basspeg was simply skipped and ignored so everything worked fine. Hope to have a fix on the plugin because I'd like to try it smile.gif

Thanks again!

+Quote Post
ruckus
post Jan 16 2017, 12:17 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 12,830

Also crashing in FL Studio 12 (all other VIP plugins load ok).
-------------------------
FL Studio Plugin Manager:
Name: PM-Basspeg, Status: error, Format: VST, Bits: ?, Effect/Synth: ?, Vendor: Plug and Mix, Filename: PM-Basspeg.dll
-------------------------
Plugin will crash FL Studio if you try and load it into an FX slot.

Windows 10 Home, 64bit, FL Studio Producer Edition v12.4.1 [build 4] - Signature Bundle - 64Bit

+Quote Post
johnk
post Jan 17 2017, 02:37 AM
Post #10

Santo, you are welcome.

Thought that it might be a clear cache and rescan issue. Once failed, the plug should be blacklisted and not cause a subsequent crash.

This gets off topic a bit, but wanted to mention about the vst ini file for Reaper users. Knowing how to use this remote file can save a lot of grief.

Verified that all the P&M plugs are safe except Basspeg. Then the issue about the fragile state of Pitch Me, which registers okay but can crash the program after the fact.

The Reaper vst ini file contains the log of all successful and all failed vst/vsti load attempts. Failed plugs are not given a name and remain blacklisted. If you delete just the line for the failed plug, you can restart Reaper and only retry the failed plug, and not have to do a complete breakdown and rescan everything.

Almost like a registry cleaning, it is a good idea to go thru this file every now and then. Delete off all entries that don't have a name after the number sequence. Save the file and rescan, for a couple reasons.

Blacklisted plugins may have been dumped for some momentary glitch never to see the digital light of day again. Deleting the entry will give a new scan on restart and the plug might work. (Basspeg did not)

Sometimes a vst will register but with a name not remotely related to the dll file name. If you have a bunch of plugs, hard to tell if it was blacklisted or named something you would never look for. Searching the file for the dll name will show if the plug is blacklisted or if abc.dll is really registered as xyz. Note you can also change the name of the plug in this file and it will show up the way you want it to.

@ruckus, hope the devs get a fix in the works. Incredible suite of tools

John

+Quote Post
SantoClemenzi
post Jan 17 2017, 08:39 AM
Post #11

QUOTE (johnk @ Jan 17 2017, 02:37 AM) *
The Reaper vst ini file contains the log of all successful and all failed vst/vsti load attempts. Failed plugs are not given a name and remain blacklisted. If you delete just the line for the failed plug, you can restart Reaper and only retry the failed plug, and not have to do a complete breakdown and rescan everything.

Great explanation John! Thank you very much! Can't wait for a fix to this new version, apparently there are some issue pending for this latest release, I'm sure they'll be all addressed soon by the plug&mix team!

+Quote Post
mfkne
post Jan 17 2017, 03:53 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 12,365

Crashes besides Studio One also Live 9.7. and Mu.Lab 7, freezes also Tracktion 7 sad.gif (Win 10, 64 Bit)

+Quote Post
keithadv
post Jan 17 2017, 09:23 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 22,325

I can add Sonar Platinum (64-bit) to the list. It crashes the scanner first time around and then is added to the ignore list.

+Quote Post
DH-DC
post Jan 17 2017, 09:40 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 17,045

Same for me ... Live 9.7.1 Suite 32-Bit Pm-basspeg crashes on scan.

I also got a crash, trying to go through presets on another Plugin. I think it was some sort of runtime error. I can't be 100% sure as my computer is in use and ableton is out or order for now.

This post has been edited by DH-DC: Jan 17 2017, 10:44 PM

+Quote Post
Optivoks
post Jan 18 2017, 04:55 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 17,267

If we look at this thread I believe we may simply summarize the issue as "not working with any host" whether it be 64- or 32-bit.
This makes me wonder; has the product been tested before its release, and if so with which host? Maybe something just went wrong during the final compilation, who knows. But anyhow where are the P&M moderators? No response from them on this ubiquitous problem?

We all look forward for a solution, or at least some feedback would be nice dry.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:05 AM