Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

26 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> P&m Plug-ins Bug Reports, Please report bugs or any kind of problems using DC V.I.P. Plug-ins
PeeTee11
post Oct 2 2014, 06:14 AM
Post #241

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,825

I purchased the VIP bundle, and am having issues with a couple of things.

Ambiosoniq sometimes has distortion (crackling) and other times doesn't seem to pass signal. In the second scenario, sometimes it will show input signal in the input meter, but won't show output signal, sometimes neither meter is showing signal. I have to close PT11 and reboot my machine to solve it. This can happen upon opening a session, or sometimes the session will be fine and in the middle of working, I will hit play and it happens. Neither of these bugs have happened when using RTAS version in PT10.

The other issue I've had is PT11 crashing when using any amp modeling plugin to record. Everything works fine until I finish recording and disarm the track that has the plug inserted, at which time there is a loud, shrill tone and PT11 crashes. Haven't tried this in PT10.

Win7 pro 64
PT11.1.2
Digidesign 003
I7 4930k
32g RAM
ASUS Sabertooth X79
3x SSDs
ASUS GTX 760

This post has been edited by PeeTee11: Oct 2 2014, 06:21 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nick
post Oct 2 2014, 11:19 AM
Post #242

Staff

Group: Team
Member No.: 11,576

QUOTE (PeeTee11 @ Oct 2 2014, 07:14 AM) *
I purchased the VIP bundle, and am having issues with a couple of things.

Ambiosoniq sometimes has distortion (crackling) and other times doesn't seem to pass signal. In the second scenario, sometimes it will show input signal in the input meter, but won't show output signal, sometimes neither meter is showing signal. I have to close PT11 and reboot my machine to solve it. This can happen upon opening a session, or sometimes the session will be fine and in the middle of working, I will hit play and it happens. Neither of these bugs have happened when using RTAS version in PT10.

The other issue I've had is PT11 crashing when using any amp modeling plugin to record. Everything works fine until I finish recording and disarm the track that has the plug inserted, at which time there is a loud, shrill tone and PT11 crashes. Haven't tried this in PT10.

Win7 pro 64
PT11.1.2
Digidesign 003
I7 4930k
32g RAM
ASUS Sabertooth X79
3x SSDs
ASUS GTX 760

Hello PeeTee11,

Could you send me a support ticket at this link:

http://support.dontcrack.com/

Just copy and paste the message that you sent above with an email where I can reach you.

The reason for me asking for this I have PT 11 test that we can do that solved some problems that some other people had and need to do from inside the 'ticket' system.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
bleeper4
post Dec 14 2014, 11:52 PM
Post #243

Member No.: 16,999

Hi,

MultiTap can't seem to recall my delay settings. It will recall all other settings (like timing and pan), just not the big knob. I am using synced mode, but regardless of which mode I'm using, it resets to 3 o'clock every time I close and re-open my DAW.

Using PC, Windows 8.1, Reaper 4.75 (64-bit), using internal audio interface, no VST wrappers.

Thanks!

+Quote Post
Horse Antler Ran...
post Dec 16 2014, 10:10 AM
Post #244

Member No.: 15,999

QUOTE (DontCrack @ Sep 18 2011, 02:55 AM) *
Dear friends,

If you encounter systematic bugs or any other kind of problems using our DC V.I.P. Series plug-ins, please report them here !

Please visit our Tech Support Pages before you do so.

In order to fix bugs, we need to reproduce them in the exact same environment as yours. We therefore ask that you bring as many technical details as possible concerning your computer, DAW and overall studio environment :

1- Platform (Mac or PC)
2- Exact computer OS version
3- DAW sequencer with exact version
4- Which audio interface are you using (internal sound card or external audio interface)
5- Are you using third party software such as VST rappers ?
6- Anything else that can help our team reproduce the problems you encounter.

Thanks in advance for your time helping us improve our products.

Kind Regards - peter

+Quote Post
SolarAxix
post Jan 25 2015, 09:21 PM
Post #245

Member No.: 17,587

I'm trying to install PlugAndMix_VIP1_win32_VST_v3.2.0.zip (SetupVST32.exe), and Norton AV is telling me that it has a low reputation score and deletes the file before I can run it (Here's the link with the reason for the file being flag: http://www.symantec.com/security_response/...-051308-1854-99)

Any confirmation that it isn't a issue and I can tell Norton AV to skip the check on that file would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

This post has been edited by SolarAxix: Jan 25 2015, 09:22 PM

+Quote Post
Nick
post Jan 26 2015, 12:09 PM
Post #246

Staff

QUOTE (SolarAxix @ Jan 25 2015, 09:21 PM) *
I'm trying to install PlugAndMix_VIP1_win32_VST_v3.2.0.zip (SetupVST32.exe), and Norton AV is telling me that it has a low reputation score and deletes the file before I can run it (Here's the link with the reason for the file being flag: http://www.symantec.com/security_response/...-051308-1854-99)

Any confirmation that it isn't a issue and I can tell Norton AV to skip the check on that file would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello SolarAxix,

There is no problem. You can tell Norton to skip the check and go ahead with your install.

Norton is just being a bit too sensitive in this case, there is nothing to worry about.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
SolarAxix
post Jan 31 2015, 04:44 PM
Post #247

Member No.: 17,587

Thanks Nick!

I'll go ahead and tell Norton AV to skip it and install the plugins.

+Quote Post
Nick
post Feb 6 2015, 02:31 PM
Post #248

Staff

QUOTE (SolarAxix @ Jan 31 2015, 04:44 PM) *
Thanks Nick!

I'll go ahead and tell Norton AV to skip it and install the plugins.

Hello SolarAxix,

That should do the trick and let you install.

Enjoy the plug-ins.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
dmsprojects
post Mar 6 2015, 07:46 PM
Post #249

Member No.: 17,700

I'm having an issue in Pro Tools 11 with these plug ins. When I open a template with say the eq and compressor on most channels the cpu goes insanely high and my fans run at full speed. This is with no audio or anything just the tracks with the plug ins inserted. Pro tools doesn't read the high CPU in its own meters it but the activity monitor does. I tested the same thing with different brands of plug ins all on the various tracks and the only time i got the CPU overload was with the plug and mix plug ins. Any ideas or fixes on the way?

This post has been edited by dmsprojects: Mar 6 2015, 07:49 PM

+Quote Post
Carl Kolchak
post Mar 8 2015, 09:37 PM
Post #250

Member No.: 16,126

Hi,

I've noticed that there is a serious problem when version 3.2 AAX 64bit Plug and Mix plug-ins are used with the Digidesign / Avid Command 8 control surface.

Using the endless encoders, any control turned fully clockwise will disappear from the GUI, and exhibit values higher than 100%.

Likewise, rotating the encoders so that a control is turned fully anti-clockwise, will again cause the control to vanish from the GUI, but in the case of a "Mix" control will also either produce a loud digital buzzing noise, or cause Pro Tools to crash almost immediately.

I haven't had the time (or the inclination) to try this with the entire range of plug-ins comprising the VIP bundle, but it occurred with every one of them that I tested (Analoguer / Echoflex / Digital Reverb, among others).

To be clear, even if the Command 8 is being used, or has the plug-in focused, it is still possible to use the mouse to grab the GUI controls without causing any issue - it's only when a rotary encoder goes beyond the point which the plug-in deems to be maximum / minimum.

I tried further tests, using the RTAS version of the VIP bundle in Pro Tools 10, and everything worked correctly - although not only is that an entirely different plug-in format, operating in a 32bit environment, it was also a different version of the plug-ins (3.0.2 if I recall), so I'm not sure what, if anything, that proved.

Is this an issue with other Digidesign / Avid / Eucon control surfaces?

Is it an issue with Pro Tools 11?

Is it a known bug, that is due to be fixed?

Many thanks.

1. PC

2. Windows 7 (Home Premium) service pack 1

3. Pro Tools 11.3.1 (with Plug & Mix VIP version 3.2.0)

4. External audio interface

5. No 3rd party software in use

6. Command 8 control surface in use

+Quote Post
Nick
post Mar 9 2015, 05:00 PM
Post #251

Staff

QUOTE (Carl Kolchak @ Mar 8 2015, 09:37 PM) *
Hi,

I've noticed that there is a serious problem when version 3.2 AAX 64bit Plug and Mix plug-ins are used with the Digidesign / Avid Command 8 control surface.

Using the endless encoders, any control turned fully clockwise will disappear from the GUI, and exhibit values higher than 100%.

Likewise, rotating the encoders so that a control is turned fully anti-clockwise, will again cause the control to vanish from the GUI, but in the case of a "Mix" control will also either produce a loud digital buzzing noise, or cause Pro Tools to crash almost immediately.

I haven't had the time (or the inclination) to try this with the entire range of plug-ins comprising the VIP bundle, but it occurred with every one of them that I tested (Analoguer / Echoflex / Digital Reverb, among others).

To be clear, even if the Command 8 is being used, or has the plug-in focused, it is still possible to use the mouse to grab the GUI controls without causing any issue - it's only when a rotary encoder goes beyond the point which the plug-in deems to be maximum / minimum.

I tried further tests, using the RTAS version of the VIP bundle in Pro Tools 10, and everything worked correctly - although not only is that an entirely different plug-in format, operating in a 32bit environment, it was also a different version of the plug-ins (3.0.2 if I recall), so I'm not sure what, if anything, that proved.

Is this an issue with other Digidesign / Avid / Eucon control surfaces?

Is it an issue with Pro Tools 11?

Is it a known bug, that is due to be fixed?

Many thanks.

1. PC

2. Windows 7 (Home Premium) service pack 1

3. Pro Tools 11.3.1 (with Plug & Mix VIP version 3.2.0)

4. External audio interface

5. No 3rd party software in use

6. Command 8 control surface in use

Hello Carl,

I have reported this to the developers.

I will let you know when I have some news.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
Carl Kolchak
post Mar 10 2015, 01:18 AM
Post #252

Member No.: 16,126

QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ Mar 9 2015, 04:00 PM) *
Hello Carl,

I have reported this to the developers.

I will let you know when I have some news.

Best Regards,

Nick

Cheers Nick!

+Quote Post
4lyna
post Mar 25 2015, 08:04 PM
Post #253

Member No.: 16,569

hello,

really happy about the new plugin CHAINER, but unfortunately there are some serious issues concerning the au version, which make the plugin pretty much unusuable in logic pro x (latest version, 10.1)

- GUI doesn't load in logic pro x (though it does in the mini host "hosting au" - might have to do with the legacy graphics dev kits that aren't supported by apple any longer)
- CHAINER is only selectable as an INSERT EFFECT not as an virtual instrument. therefore the ability to load third party instruments in it is also pretty much useless, because an insert effect doesn't generate sound itself (at least not in logic)

given that it's a brand new v1.0 release, i'm not that upset, but it would be great if those issues could be addressed soon, because as i said... as of now, i cannot use it at all.

+Quote Post
4lyna
post Mar 25 2015, 10:24 PM
Post #254

Member No.: 16,569

EDIT:

it seems that the installer on OS X doesn't work properly either... shortly before finishing the authorization screen would appear (even after "authorizing" it several times manually) and the installer screen displays that there was a failure and something went wrong.

plus - correct me if i'm wrong, but chainer is included in the vip bundle, so i purchased the bundle a while ago, i should be eligible to get the full version, right? i'm asking because the plugin keeps displaying "vst demo mode" in the lower right corner, even after doing several authorizations as i said.

any idea what could be wrong or what i might be doing wrong here?

thanks for your help!

1. Macbook Pro (late 2012)

2. Mac OS X "Yosemite"

3. Logic Pro X (10.1.1)

4. P&M CHAINER 1.00

This post has been edited by 4lyna: Mar 25 2015, 10:31 PM

+Quote Post
corsi617
post Mar 26 2015, 03:11 AM
Post #255

Member No.: 16,319

I'm having the same issue with Chainer not working in Logic X as well. It takes a long time for the plug-in to load, then only shows Logic control parameters, not the GUI. Even after that shows up, I get the perpetual spinning beach ball and Logic freezes up, forcing me to quit. I'm running in Mavericks too.

The funny thing is, I got the GUI to load initially, but there was no drop-down list appearing to load any plug-ins. I realized I did not have the most recent version of the plug-ins when I checked my version number, so I thought that might have been the issue. But, I thought Chainer was already packaged with the most recent plug-in versions? Obviously they did not install. So I downloaded the most recent VIP installer and it made things worse with Chainer.

Just a side note, I did see the Nomad Factory credit at the bottom of the GUI. I've always have a problem with their plug-ins crashing in Logic as well, which is why I stayed away from them. Maybe the cause is some of the shared framework too.

+Quote Post

26 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:11 PM