Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chainer With Uad-2 Memory Bug
csavetman
post Jun 5 2015, 03:52 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,103

So i've noticed that any UAD plugins I have running within the Chainer plugin do not get unloaded from the UAD's dsp upon closing the session, or even quitting the app altogether. (as indicated in their meter and control panel)

Only restarting the computer clears out the UAD dsp memory.

I've let UA know about this as well.

Carlos

Digital Performer 8.07
Mac Dual Quad Core Xeon
OS 10.8.5
UAD-2 Quad card Pci-e running their latest software version (8.1.2)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nick
post Jun 8 2015, 12:29 PM
Post #2

Staff

Group: Team
Member No.: 11,576

QUOTE (csavetman @ Jun 5 2015, 04:52 AM) *
So i've noticed that any UAD plugins I have running within the Chainer plugin do not get unloaded from the UAD's dsp upon closing the session, or even quitting the app altogether. (as indicated in their meter and control panel)

Only restarting the computer clears out the UAD dsp memory.

I've let UA know about this as well.

Carlos

Digital Performer 8.07
Mac Dual Quad Core Xeon
OS 10.8.5
UAD-2 Quad card Pci-e running their latest software version (8.1.2)

Hello Carlos,

Have you ever had this problem with the UAD plugins when you are just running them just as inserts on the channels on DP 8.07?

Is it only UAD plugins that do this? The plugins that are used by the RAM addressed by the DP are working correctly, right?

The UAD plugins are located in the DSP on the UAD-2 Quad card Pci-e, if I understand correctly?

When you reload the session do the UAD plugins load correctly into the Chainer?

If I understand you the Chainer will show up with the UAD plugins if there is another new Chainer activated? Until the Computer is restarted?

Your answers will help us understand what is happening.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
csavetman
post Jun 8 2015, 09:50 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ Jun 8 2015, 06:29 AM) *
Hello Carlos,

Have you ever had this problem with the UAD plugins when you are just running them just as inserts on the channels on DP 8.07?

Is it only UAD plugins that do this? The plugins that are used by the RAM addressed by the DP are working correctly, right?

The UAD plugins are located in the DSP on the UAD-2 Quad card Pci-e, if I understand correctly?

When you reload the session do the UAD plugins load correctly into the Chainer?

If I understand you the Chainer will show up with the UAD plugins if there is another new Chainer activated? Until the Computer is restarted?

Your answers will help us understand what is happening.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
csavetman
post Jun 8 2015, 10:18 PM
Post #4

Hi Nick-

I'll try to explain in more detail.

So UAD plugins work fine in DP8 when inserted without the Chainer plugin (placed in track inserts or aux tracks). If I delete a plugin from a track or aux track, it clears it out of the UAD meter and memory as well.

Now, when using the Chainer plugin, here's what I can gather.
Chainer always, correctly, reports a UAD plugin being instantiated within it. The UAD meter and control panel reflects this. That's fine.
The problem is that Chainer does not report to UAD dsp when a UAD plugin is removed from within Chainer.
It also does not report to UAD dsp to clear out its memory when closing a session or quitting DP,
The result is, now if I open another session, or even the same session, Chainer will correctly report any UAD plugins currently open within Chainer, but also falsely include, plugins not cleared out of the UAD memory.

What ends up then happening, is that unless I restart the computer, all these "orphaned" UAD plugins keep adding up, taking up unnecessary DSP. Each opened session basically carries over the dsp usage of UAD plugins running within Chainer from previous sessions.

Hope that helps!

Carlos

+Quote Post
csavetman
post Jun 8 2015, 10:34 PM
Post #5

To clarify one point…

If I remove a UAD plugin running within Chainer, save the session, and reopen the session, the plugin itself is not within Chainer. That part works just fine.

The problem however, is the DSP usage the plugin takes up, is not cleared from memory. So to the PCI card, it's as if the plugin is still running, eating up additional dsp.

Carlos

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:31 AM