Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

26 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> P&m Plug-ins Bug Reports, Please report bugs or any kind of problems using DC V.I.P. Plug-ins
whitealbum
post May 15 2013, 11:24 AM
Post #151

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,917

QUOTE (whitealbum @ May 7 2013, 08:50 PM) *
Hello,
problem with P&M Chorus Ensemble in Cubase 7.0.3 64 Bit (Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate)
If i insert the plug, after a while a single loud click on the right channel (stereo track) appears.
No matter, if the song is in playback mode or in stop mode.

The effect is really great, but this is a little bit weird
Am i alone?

I try it again.
Did someone from dontcrack read my post?
As i said, i'm not alone with this behaviour.
Please help...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nick
post May 15 2013, 01:27 PM
Post #152

Staff

Group: Team
Member No.: 11,576

QUOTE (whitealbum @ May 15 2013, 12:24 PM) *
I try it again.
Did someone from dontcrack read my post?
As i said, i'm not alone with this behaviour.
Please help...

Hello whitealbum,

We have seen your report and for the moment we don't know why this happening to you and the others.

We have passed on the info to the developers and testers to see what they can do about it.

We will keep you posted on what happens.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
whitealbum
post May 16 2013, 07:52 AM
Post #153

QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ May 15 2013, 02:27 PM) *
Hello whitealbum,

We have seen your report and for the moment we don't know why this happening to you and the others.

We have passed on the info to the developers and testers to see what they can do about it.

We will keep you posted on what happens.

Best Regards,

Nick

Good to hear, thanks.

Some infos about that behaviour.
Sometimes users (incl. me) have to wait half an hour before the first click appears.
Yesterday it happended then, after a while, every 1-3 minutes a single click appears. So thats not a specific time (every 5 minutes or so) problem.
I noticed more clicks as well if you do something in parallel (internet surfing or something else).
Project CPU usage is about 30-40%.

Hope that helps to sort it out.

This post has been edited by whitealbum: May 16 2013, 07:53 AM

+Quote Post
Howie62
post May 16 2013, 02:03 PM
Post #154

Member No.: 12,963

QUOTE (jordansvoice @ Apr 30 2013, 05:10 AM) *
I own the VIP bundle LOVE it so far. But unfortunately it seems like all of the amp simulation plugins don't work correctly on my system. It pretty much sounds like I threw a bitcrusher and killed the track. All distorted, hardly any signal coming through. This problem happens with the American Tweed, British Tone, etc.

Further to this earlier post, I'm encountering the same problem in Presonus Studio One 2.5.1.I can record a guitar part using the P&M amp sims, but if I try to use them with existing, already recorded guitar parts I'm getting the same horrible 'bitcrusher' distortion, this is of course, with any other amp sim or distortion plugins disabled..I'm using the latest 3.03 version of the P&M bundle, and have tried reinstalling which made no difference, other plugins from the bundle working fine.

Any update on this issue?

Windows 7 64 Bit
i7 3.50Ghz
32gb ram

+Quote Post
Nick
post May 16 2013, 02:15 PM
Post #155

Staff

QUOTE (whitealbum @ May 16 2013, 08:52 AM) *
Good to hear, thanks.

Some infos about that behaviour.
Sometimes users (incl. me) have to wait half an hour before the first click appears.
Yesterday it happended then, after a while, every 1-3 minutes a single click appears. So thats not a specific time (every 5 minutes or so) problem.
I noticed more clicks as well if you do something in parallel (internet surfing or something else).
Project CPU usage is about 30-40%.

Hope that helps to sort it out.

Hello whitealbum,

Your line about doing something in parallel makes me think that there might be something active in the background that asking for CPU power while Cubase is running. any autosaves, file indexing etc?

Is there a way to increase the amount of CPU use allowed for Cubase?

Or a way of allocating more RAM to Cubase so that it can avoid perhaps being starved of CPU power, just an idea as it seems to be related to the processor's ability to handle the tasks it is presented.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
deadstarblues
post May 17 2013, 05:29 AM
Post #156

Member No.: 10,460

QUOTE (daro @ May 12 2013, 12:12 PM) *
Are you able to open Pro Tools? The reason I ask is because I recently had an issue with the stupid iLok where I had to go out to the iLok site and reinstall the drivers. Without warning....Pro Tools MP9 just stopped working. Once I re-installed the iLok junk....everything was fine again.

Yes I am able to open Pro Tools.

+Quote Post
Nick
post May 17 2013, 10:24 AM
Post #157

Staff

QUOTE (deadstarblues @ May 11 2013, 06:35 PM) *
I downloaded and installed PM version 3.0.3 and I am still having the same problem. Please help!

Hello deadstarblues,

I would suggest "repairing permissions" we had some other people who had this and once they "repaired" everything went well. When the permissions aren't working correctly it prevent the software from installing to the right location and ProTools doesn't find the P&M in the right place.

Another thing that has got people up and running is to manually assigned the "music" user rights to write in the library folder containing P&Ms authorization program.

The Mac OS has been full of "tricks" as the modifications done by Apple lately have not been well documented.

Try this then re-install and it should work, some other people had this little problem.

Could you tell me what version of ProTools you are using? The new 10.3.5 is really different as it is preparing the way for compatibility with the upcoming ProTools 11 and there are "Pace Signatures" which ProTools has to see to be able to load the Plug-ins even when they are correctly installed. These "signatures" are real tricky to apply and are not working correctly for us and other software companies. If it is possible to go back to 10.3.3, it is advisable as this issue doesn't exist for that earlier version. We are working on it but I can't give you a green light on it yet.

If it doesn't solve the problem get back to me as soon as you can.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
whitealbum
post May 17 2013, 01:47 PM
Post #158

QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ May 16 2013, 03:15 PM) *
Hello whitealbum,

Your line about doing something in parallel makes me think that there might be something active in the background that asking for CPU power while Cubase is running. any autosaves, file indexing etc?

Is there a way to increase the amount of CPU use allowed for Cubase?

Or a way of allocating more RAM to Cubase so that it can avoid perhaps being starved of CPU power, just an idea as it seems to be related to the processor's ability to handle the tasks it is presented.

Best Regards,

Nick

Hello Nick,
about parallel actions:
It was only an example, if only Cubase is open, clicks appears as well.
Actually, i have nothing in the background (win indexer is closed) only Avast antivirus is in the back.
But i don't believe that there is a correlation, because in this project there are a lot of other plugins like Waves, Abbey Road Plugs, IKM Plugs, Fabfilter, cubase internal and Voxengo plugs.
No other plug makes a problem.
Amount of CPU is possible via priority in the task Manager. Cubase got the priority "high" which is fine.
avast and other stuff have got "normal" priority.
In this project RAM isn't a problem, i have 12 gb RAM, 5,57GB is used RAM, so there should be no problem.

I'm checking now deactivating avast anti-virus in the background.

bye

This post has been edited by whitealbum: May 17 2013, 01:48 PM

+Quote Post
Howie62
post May 18 2013, 04:45 PM
Post #159

Further to my earlier, as yet unanswered post, about unwanted distortion using the P&M amp sims.I can report that this distortion can appear on tracks that aren't even using ANY P&M plugins when I try to record a new track using one of the P&M amp sims.This is further to the earlier problem, of being unable to use them on preexisting guitar tracks.

I really like the amp sims, especially for clean and crunchy sounds, but this bug is a serious stumbling block...

Any ideas?

Howie

+Quote Post
Nick
post May 21 2013, 10:08 AM
Post #160

Staff

QUOTE (Howie62 @ May 18 2013, 05:45 PM) *
Further to my earlier, as yet unanswered post, about unwanted distortion using the P&M amp sims.I can report that this distortion can appear on tracks that aren't even using ANY P&M plugins when I try to record a new track using one of the P&M amp sims.This is further to the earlier problem, of being unable to use them on preexisting guitar tracks.

I really like the amp sims, especially for clean and crunchy sounds, but this bug is a serious stumbling block...

Any ideas?

Howie

Hello Howie,

A couple of questions for me to understand the problem more clearly.

1/ You are recording onto a track that has on of the amp sims as an insert in order to have the "sound" you desire as you monitor the recording, right?

2/ Other tracks in the session have distortion on them, although they don't have an amp sims or any plug-in whatsoever on them right? When you solo one of these tracks is the distortion still present?

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
Howie62
post May 21 2013, 06:27 PM
Post #161

QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ May 21 2013, 10:08 AM) *
Hello Howie,

A couple of questions for me to understand the problem more clearly.

1/ You are recording onto a track that has on of the amp sims as an insert in order to have the "sound" you desire as you monitor the recording, right?

2/ Other tracks in the session have distortion on them, although they don't have an amp sims or any plug-in whatsoever on them right? When you solo one of these tracks is the distortion still present?

Best Regards,

Nick

Hi Nick, thanks for your reply.

I first encountered the problem when trying to use one of the P&M amp sims to replace the amp sim on a previously recorded guitar track, after disabling the previous amp sim and inserting, in this case, Magic Queen, I then experienced a horrible granular distortion on the track, this disappeared once I disabled Magic Queen and used the original plugin.I tried this on other previously recorded tracks, and using other P&M amp sims with the same result.
I haven't experienced any problems using the sims on anything begun from scratch.
However I decided to add a new guitar track to an idea which pre dated me using P&M amp sims.This consisted of a guitar, bass and drum track.I inserted a new track, inserted a P&M amp sim, and the original guitar track, which had no P&M plugins at all, then began exhibiting the same awful distortion, the bass and drum track were unaffected.What's more, disabling the amp sim on the new track didn't stop the distortion on the original track, neither did deleting the new track entirely, so I had to scrap what I'd done and open it all again.To double check, I went through the same procedure, with the same result.
So as it stands right now I can only use the P&M amp sims on something completely new, which is a shame as I liked particularly, Magic Queen, enough to replace what I'd originally used, on some remixes.

We're not talking slight distortion either, it's high gain horror, nasty digital and grainy..so there's obviously a pretty serious bug going on, especially if it can affect guitar parts on other tracks, not even using any P&M plugins!As previously stated, I've tried reinstalling, to no avail.

Thanks for your help

Howie

Thanks for your help

+Quote Post
Nick
post May 21 2013, 06:44 PM
Post #162

Staff

QUOTE (Howie62 @ May 21 2013, 07:27 PM) *

I first encountered the problem when trying to use one of the P&M amp sims to replace the amp sim on a previously recorded guitar track, after disabling the previous amp sim and inserting, in this case, Magic Queen, I then experienced a horrible granular distortion on the track, this disappeared once I disabled Magic Queen and used the original plugin.I tried this on other previously recorded tracks, and using other P&M amp sims with the same result.
I haven't experienced any problems using the sims on anything begun from scratch.
However I decided to add a new guitar track to an idea which pre dated me using P&M amp sims.This consisted of a guitar, bass and drum track.I inserted a new track, inserted a P&M amp sim, and the original guitar track, which had no P&M plugins at all, then began exhibiting the same awful distortion, the bass and drum track were unaffected.What's more, disabling the amp sim on the new track didn't stop the distortion on the original track, neither did deleting the new track entirely, so I had to scrap what I'd done and open it all again.To double check, I went through the same procedure, with the same result.
So as it stands right now I can only use the P&M amp sims on something completely new, which is a shame as I liked particularly, Magic Queen, enough to replace what I'd originally used, on some remixes.

We're not talking slight distortion either, it's high gain horror, nasty digital and grainy..so there's obviously a pretty serious bug going on, especially if it can affect guitar parts on other tracks, not even using any P&M plugins!As previously stated, I've tried reinstalling, to no avail.

Thanks for your help

Howie

Thanks for your help

Hello Howie,

Now I need some info on your setup, what computer, which OS, DAW, with all the version info possible so I can see what is causing this problem. We have a huge number of people working peacefully especially now after the "Group Buy" in situations very similar to yours, but there is definitively something that is preventing the amps from working correctly.

To get to the bottom of this, we need to figure out what is causing this, we have had some conflicts reported between our plug-ins and older versions of other manufacturer plug-ins, so a list or screen shot of what you have would be useful as well.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
Howie62
post May 21 2013, 07:22 PM
Post #163

QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ May 21 2013, 06:44 PM) *
Hello Howie,

Now I need some info on your setup, what computer, which OS, DAW, with all the version info possible so I can see what is causing this problem. We have a huge number of people working peacefully especially now after the "Group Buy" in situations very similar to yours, but there is definitively something that is preventing the amps from working correctly.

To get to the bottom of this, we need to figure out what is causing this, we have had some conflicts reported between our plug-ins and older versions of other manufacturer plug-ins, so a list or screen shot of what you have would be useful as well.

Best Regards,

Nick

I actually included most of the info you're asking for in my initial post, but here goes again.
Windows 7 64 bit fully up to date, i7 3.50Ghz, 32gb ram, The PC is a purpose built machine, and not a home build, or general use shop bought machine.I'm using an RME Fireface UFX which has the latest drivers and firmware.
DAW-Presonus Studio One 2.5.1 64 bit (latest version).

I do have a fair few plugins installed, although I'm very diligent about latest versions, and am certain nothing is out of date.I'm also using very few bridged 32 bit plugins, as I identified these as the root of CPU spikes when I first started using Studio One.It may be easier for you to tell me some of the ones you've had conflicts with, as I've experienced this problem on different projects/pieces not all using the same plugins, and you may just list one that I use a lot.There are certain UAD-2 plugins I use on most projects, I have the latest version v7 of the UAD plugs.Those aside, the plugins I use on a project can vary considerably from piece to piece.I mainly use Amplitube CS for my guitar parts, and I disabled it, rather than removed it when trying the P&M plugins as alternatives, I have the latest version of ACS, it tends to be there in my guitar chain disabled or enabled as the case may be.It's there on the new 'from scratch' pieces, and I've had no problems with those, this problem is only affecting already recorded guitar parts.I did try removing other plugins in some of the projects to see if there was a conflict but nothing I took out changed the situation.I thought I was going nuts when the distortion appeared on a different, non P&M guitar track, so there must be something very strange going on!
Let me know if you need any more info, and thanks again

Howie

+Quote Post
Nick
post May 22 2013, 09:54 AM
Post #164

Staff

QUOTE (Howie62 @ May 21 2013, 08:22 PM) *

I actually included most of the info you're asking for in my initial post, but here goes again.
Windows 7 64 bit fully up to date, i7 3.50Ghz, 32gb ram, The PC is a purpose built machine, and not a home build, or general use shop bought machine.I'm using an RME Fireface UFX which has the latest drivers and firmware.
DAW-Presonus Studio One 2.5.1 64 bit (latest version).

I do have a fair few plugins installed, although I'm very diligent about latest versions, and am certain nothing is out of date.I'm also using very few bridged 32 bit plugins, as I identified these as the root of CPU spikes when I first started using Studio One.It may be easier for you to tell me some of the ones you've had conflicts with, as I've experienced this problem on different projects/pieces not all using the same plugins, and you may just list one that I use a lot.There are certain UAD-2 plugins I use on most projects, I have the latest version v7 of the UAD plugs.Those aside, the plugins I use on a project can vary considerably from piece to piece.I mainly use Amplitube CS for my guitar parts, and I disabled it, rather than removed it when trying the P&M plugins as alternatives, I have the latest version of ACS, it tends to be there in my guitar chain disabled or enabled as the case may be.It's there on the new 'from scratch' pieces, and I've had no problems with those, this problem is only affecting already recorded guitar parts.I did try removing other plugins in some of the projects to see if there was a conflict but nothing I took out changed the situation.I thought I was going nuts when the distortion appeared on a different, non P&M guitar track, so there must be something very strange going on!
Let me know if you need any more info, and thanks again

Howie

Hello Howie,

We have had a couple of reports of strange behaviour with P&M plug-ins with Presonus Studio One.

Some people adjusted the device block size under song setup to 256 samples (bumped it up from 128 and this seemed to have addressed the issue. Turned out to be a buffering issue.

You might try posting on the Presonus Studio One forum and see if anyone has had the same very weird "ghost" distortion on tracks where the plug-in isn't even active.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
Howie62
post May 22 2013, 06:58 PM
Post #165

QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ May 22 2013, 09:54 AM) *
Hello Howie,

We have had a couple of reports of strange behaviour with P&M plug-ins with Presonus Studio One.

Some people adjusted the device block size under song setup to 256 samples (bumped it up from 128 and this seemed to have addressed the issue. Turned out to be a buffering issue.

You might try posting on the Presonus Studio One forum and see if anyone has had the same very weird "ghost" distortion on tracks where the plug-in isn't even active.

Best Regards,

Nick

Hi Nick, thanks for your reply, I'll try the block size increase, and see if there's any similar bugs with Studio One.

Cheers

Howie

+Quote Post

26 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
13 User(s) are reading this topic (13 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:47 PM