Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ts Pc 64-bit Crashing On File Load, Attempting to load any sound file in TS causes a crash
anticracker
post Mar 6 2015, 06:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,857

I've installed the latest 1.0.9 version of Ircam TS 64-bit PC and just like the previous version, any audio file I try to load in crashes TS. I was hoping this would be fixed in 1.0.9. It happens consistently and categorically.

I'm not sure who to report this to or what information I can provide so I'm posting here.

The Mac version is fine.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ExtremeXS
post Mar 7 2015, 11:11 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,530

I found that some FFT settings crashed the app, but those 'crashing' settings where also saved as the default values for the next time you launched the app.

This meant I could no longer load sounds without the app falling over again.

I fixed this by resetting the FFT preferences (you can't do this before loading a sound in the app - so a catch 22!), by manually replacing the preference file.

The prefs on PC are located in: user\AppData\Roaming\IrcamLab TS\Settings

in a file called: CurrentSettings.xml

The original installed default preferences file is located in: C:\Program Files\IrcamLab TS\Settings

for the 64bit install, you can copy this file to your roaming folder and if your issue is the same as mine then you may be up and running again.

My crash was caused by setting the FFT Size Oversampling to x16, I hand edited my settings file to reset that value to 0.

Cheers,
Mark

This post has been edited by ExtremeXS: Mar 7 2015, 11:14 PM

+Quote Post
Nick
post Mar 9 2015, 04:48 PM
Post #3

Staff

Group: Team
Member No.: 11,576

QUOTE (ExtremeXS @ Mar 7 2015, 11:11 PM) *
I found that some FFT settings crashed the app, but those 'crashing' settings where also saved as the default values for the next time you launched the app.

This meant I could no longer load sounds without the app falling over again.

I fixed this by resetting the FFT preferences (you can't do this before loading a sound in the app - so a catch 22!), by manually replacing the preference file.

The prefs on PC are located in: user\AppData\Roaming\IrcamLab TS\Settings

in a file called: CurrentSettings.xml

The original installed default preferences file is located in: C:\Program Files\IrcamLab TS\Settings

for the 64bit install, you can copy this file to your roaming folder and if your issue is the same as mine then you may be up and running again.

My crash was caused by setting the FFT Size Oversampling to x16, I hand edited my settings file to reset that value to 0.

Cheers,
Mark

Hello Mark,

It has been reported to Ircam.

They are working on it and we should have a fix for it very shortly.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:47 PM