Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chainer Standalone, Problem with audio input selection
stevesilk51
post Sep 4 2015, 08:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,570

Hi,

I'm finding that the standalone version of Chainer does not appear to like my Audio setup:

I am using a Yamaha Steinberg UR22 USB audio interface(ASIO) which has a dedicated Hi-Z guitar input (input 2)

When I look at the I/O settings, in the standalone Chainer I choose the UR22 as my In and Out Device but the input audio channels are being automatically selected as UR22 1 and UR22 2. The UR22 does not like this so no input signal is being sent.

I have found that when using my DAW(Reaper) the only input channel selection that will work for all my plugins is UR22 Input 2 (i.e. the Hi-Z one I plug my guitar into). The input signal from that is then output correctly to UR22 1/L and UR22 2/R

So, Chainer.dll works happily in Reaper where I am allowed to select just Input 2 outlined above.

Is there any way round this in Chainer Standalone? . Because there are no other choices available in the Audio Inputs menu, it forces only both Inputs 1 and 2 active which will not work for me?

Hope anyone can help as I would prefer using the standalone if possible.

Thanks,

Steve

This post has been edited by stevesilk51: Sep 4 2015, 08:49 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stevesilk51
post Sep 6 2015, 12:35 PM
Post #2

I am assuming that no other user has had similar problems to this. or no one has a solution?

Help/suggestions appreciated, thanks.

+Quote Post
Nick
post Sep 7 2015, 10:38 AM
Post #3

Staff

Group: Team
Member No.: 11,576

QUOTE (stevesilk51 @ Sep 6 2015, 01:35 PM) *
I am assuming that no other user has had similar problems to this. or no one has a solution?

Help/suggestions appreciated, thanks.

Hello stevesilk51,

We are working on this so that the inputs are selectable and it will be in the next release of the software.

As it stands today if you are coming in with a mono source the Chainer needs to see it on Input 1, a stereo input will be seen on inputs 1 and 2.

So if you try to use input 2 with a mono source, the input will not be seen, not a bug, but a big limitation that will change.

Reaper is probably seeing them inverted which is a good thing for you.

A workaround could be using a stereo to two mono inputs cord which would allow the signal to be seen on input 2, awkward but do-able until the selectable inputs are here.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
stevesilk51
post Sep 7 2015, 06:16 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ Sep 7 2015, 10:38 AM) *
Hello stevesilk51,

We are working on this so that the inputs are selectable and it will be in the next release of the software.

As it stands today if you are coming in with a mono source the Chainer needs to see it on Input 1, a stereo input will be seen on inputs 1 and 2.

So if you try to use input 2 with a mono source, the input will not be seen, not a bug, but a big limitation that will change.

Reaper is probably seeing them inverted which is a good thing for you.

A workaround could be using a stereo to two mono inputs cord which would allow the signal to be seen on input 2, awkward but do-able until the selectable inputs are here.

Best Regards,

Nick

Hi Nick,

Yes, as you suggested plugging into input 1 on the ur22 works , but a definite loss in quality compared to the HI-Z input 2.

I will source a stereo to 2 x mono adapter/cord and try that. Will hold on a full purchase until new release is with us.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:46 PM