Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Magnetic 2, The best Reel-to-Reel Audio Tape Warmer available !
Rating 5 V
DontCrack
post Nov 16 2011, 02:28 PM
Post #1

DontCrack Staff

Group: Team
Member No.: 67

Dear friends,

We'd love to hear your feedback and testimonials about the new MAGNETIC II Reel-to-Reel Audio Tape Warmer...

All the best - Peter

--------------------
Eric Nolot
CEO / President
www.DontCrack.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
the buddha rats
post Nov 20 2011, 08:59 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,411

Magnetic 2 has been extremely problematic. My host (Reaper 4) refuses to recognize the plug in, which is strange because I am running other Nomad plugins (analog signature pack, british bundle, bbe, and the first magnetic).

I tried a few workarounds. First all of my plugs are on a separate hd and magnetic I works great. I tried the installs with both the 32 bit and 64 bit for magnetic II on this drive but they weren't recognized. The "Echos" demo was also not recognized.

Then I let NF's installer place the magnetic 2 where it defaulted: the steinberg vst folder on my c drive. That didn't work either.

Lastly I tried an install back into the separate hd but nested inside a nomad folder with my other nomad plugs. This is the only time reaper recognized it on start up (in the startup window) but reaper still failed to find the plug to apply on the tracks.

Btw I am using reaper version 4. Also my other nomad plugs (analog suite, British bundle, magnetic I) work fine.

I then tried to re-install Magnetic 2 again as a 32 bit plug. That worked, but I don't want any 32 bit plugs on my machine.

I also tried (for the 6 time) a freshly downloaded NF 64bit installer. Nomad Factory's tech support told me to remove all their plugs and start from scratch. I did that, and unfortunately Magnetic 1 stopped working. WTF?

NF confirmed that there are new installers on their website, but nothing is working. Moving the plug in up one hierarchy as they suggest also produces zero results.

I'm also getting "BAD Image" errors after certain installs. I just can't for the life of me figure this out. All my other plugs from various developers work. My most recent success was with Sonic Reality's Epik Drums- it went without a hitch.

I'm at the point that I want my $20 back.
sad.gif

This post has been edited by the buddha rats: Nov 20 2011, 09:01 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:43 PM