Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
My Dream Midi Software
Shadow44
post Nov 14 2005, 12:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 109

I post this in the hope that some kindly (PC) developer might take on the challenge ...

I have long wanted a compositional aid that is partly algorithmic and works as follows: First, it's an algorithmic MIDI "snippet" generator. I have no idea what methods might be used. But the key is, that based on user choice, it could grow a library of snippets that can be selectively "recycled" into the composition generator. And, it would allow for user additions of MIDI snippets (e.g.: generated by other progs, or simply made by the user).

In my mind, the MIDI snippets are relatively short - a phrase, a small chord progression, a short melody, a bar of rythym. So in one sense, the program can learn the user's preferences, since you can trash or keep-and-re-include previous results. I'm sure it's a heck of a lot of work for a developer. I have a dream to code it myself but never get round to it. Besides, the only languages I know well are Visual Basic and things like PHP, and I doubt these are suitable.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sheasty09
post Jan 6 2010, 01:39 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,967

If you are having trouble with your flash drive, reformat the drive. I know you are looking for software for fixing the PC, but this issue can also come up in the process.

+Quote Post
hallpart
post Mar 2 2011, 06:28 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,468

is this work?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:30 PM