Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> P&m Retro Eq Bug In Logic 9.1.8 Osx 10.8.2
radicalgel
post May 11 2013, 10:50 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,904

I usually send vocals to 3 space designers (one room, one plate and one hall). Now if I have Retro EQ as an insert on my vocals then there's a huge CPU spike when the playhead moves past the end of a region to and empty section (where there are no vocals). This causes the System Overload message to pop up. It is extremely annoying. None of your other plugs that I have tried do this. The moment I disable the Retro EQ this problem goes away. One more interesting thing is that, the spike is almost negligible if I change the HiShelf to a bell curve or if I cut Hi freqs instead of boosting. I think there is some thing about the hi freq signal the is going from the Retro EQ to the SDs that's causing this spike. I love this EQ and I really hope you guys will look in to this.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nick
post May 13 2013, 03:18 PM
Post #2

Staff

Group: Team
Member No.: 11,576

QUOTE (radicalgel @ May 11 2013, 11:50 AM) *
I usually send vocals to 3 space designers (one room, one plate and one hall). Now if I have Retro EQ as an insert on my vocals then there's a huge CPU spike when the playhead moves past the end of a region to and empty section (where there are no vocals). This causes the System Overload message to pop up. It is extremely annoying. None of your other plugs that I have tried do this. The moment I disable the Retro EQ this problem goes away. One more interesting thing is that, the spike is almost negligible if I change the HiShelf to a bell curve or if I cut Hi freqs instead of boosting. I think there is some thing about the hi freq signal the is going from the Retro EQ to the SDs that's causing this spike. I love this EQ and I really hope you guys will look in to this.

Hello radicalgel,

Could you tell me what DAW you are using? The Retro EQ is a direct insert on the vocal track track, right? Then you send to the AUX with the 3 different "space designers"?

The version of OS and whether this is on PC or Mac would be useful as well.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
radicalgel
post May 14 2013, 04:11 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,904

QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ May 13 2013, 07:48 PM) *
Hello radicalgel,

Could you tell me what DAW you are using? The Retro EQ is a direct insert on the vocal track track, right? Then you send to the AUX with the 3 different "space designers"?

The version of OS and whether this is on PC or Mac would be useful as well.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Nick

Hey Nick,

As the title of my post mentions, I'm using Logic 9.1.8 on OSX 10.8.2. The Retro EQ is a direct insert on the lead vocal which is being sent to 3 space designers. The moment I disable the Retro EQ plug this problem disappears. No CPU spikes after the playhead has crossed the end of the region.

+Quote Post
Nick
post May 15 2013, 11:19 AM
Post #4

Staff

Group: Team
Member No.: 11,576

QUOTE (radicalgel @ May 14 2013, 05:11 AM) *
Hey Nick,

As the title of my post mentions, I'm using Logic 9.1.8 on OSX 10.8.2. The Retro EQ is a direct insert on the lead vocal which is being sent to 3 space designers. The moment I disable the Retro EQ plug this problem disappears. No CPU spikes after the playhead has crossed the end of the region.

Hello radicalgel,

Sorry, I missed the fact you had included the info in your title, oooops.

So it is when there is a lot of high frequency info going to the 3 space designers.

Does it happen when the 3 space designers are bypassed?

I imagine that the Retro EQ on a channel on its own behaves itself and doesn't give a spike.

All three space designers are on the same AUX or are they on three separate AUX?

The thing that is very strange is our plug-ins are made to very light in terms of CPU usage and shouldn't provoke anything like a System Overload.

Is it possible to try the Retro EQ being sent to a different type of reverb on an AUX just to try and see if it is related to the space designers used in conjunction with it?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 07:30 PM