Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Ts2 Gui Shows For A Second On Launch Then Goes Black.
dave_j
post Jan 26 2023, 07:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,228

After not using TS2 for a while, I launched the standalone version this morning and the GUI blipped on for a fraction of a second then went completely black. I can poke around along the top of the screen and the drop-down menus will show if I click in the right spot, but the screen is completely black. Did a manual update to 2.2.3 and the problem is the same. The program is unusable in its present state.

Anyone having this same issue, or a solution?

Thanks for your help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
pierreguillot
post Jan 27 2023, 02:01 PM
Post #2

ircamLab Team

Member No.: 29,958

My machine is rather similar (Dell i7 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX) but I run on Windows 11. The application has been tested on Windows 10 so I doubt that is the issue. Can you try to delete the preference files (TS.settings and TS.audio.settings) that are located in “C:\Users\“username”\AppData\Roaming\IrcamLab\” and then restart the application?

+Quote Post
dave_j
post Jan 27 2023, 02:08 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 49,228

QUOTE (pierreguillot @ Jan 27 2023, 03:01 PM) *
My machine is rather similar (Dell i7 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX) but I run on Windows 11. The application has been tested on Windows 10 so I doubt that is the issue. Can you try to delete the preference files (TS.settings and TS.audio.settings) that are located in “C:\Users\“username”\AppData\Roaming\IrcamLab\” and then restart the application?

Thank you for your help, but I've just figured it out on my own. It was the graphics card driver.

At some point, probably after a Windows update, the system defaulted to using the Microsoft standard graphics driver. I took a look in Device Manager and, lo and behold,
the NVIDIA driver was showing an error. I reinstated the NVIDIA driver and now TS2 is showing correctly.

I appreciate your quick response.

Am now looking forward to digging more into TS2.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:14 PM