IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

I Need A Spat Reverb User Bad!, Can't get SPAT to function in surround
arapahoe
post Oct 25 2012, 08:29 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,586

When I purchased SPAT I thought I would be able to use it in a surround environment but as of yet I'm unable to get it to do what I need it to do.

What I want to do...

I want to be able to have a stereo (or mono) vst instrument like a piano, placed into a SPAT reverb room and then be able to have my front 2 speakers simulate the front of the room (closest to the piano) and have my rear 2 speakers simulate the back of the room...

What I get is the same signal coming out of the front speakers as my 2 rear speakers? How do I place an instrument into one of your reverb rooms and then get a true simulation of that room that I can distribute to my 4 speakers?

I have tried this on mac and PC and can't get it to work in either environment.

On PC I'm opening your SPAT plug in in VSL's Vienna Esemble 5 software (32 bit version) and on mac I'm trying it in the same software (VSL's Vienna Esemble 5 software (32 bit version) with Cubase 6.5 as the host.

In Cubase on the mac I can only get a stereo configuration as an output.

IS IRCAM SPAT incapable of simulating a true surround configuration. It just does not seem to work

HELP! This cost me a lot of money and the documentation is REALLY SUPERFICIAL and doesn't go into how to set this up (if it's even possible)

Thanks,

Wade
Current owner of IRCAM Tools 1.1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:43 PM