Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ircam Ts - Demo Version, Send your Feedback !
eric
post May 21 2014, 06:18 PM
Post #1

Manager

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Dear Friends,

We are proud to offer you the opportunity to be among the first to evaluate this amazing new audio tool. At this point, it is a stand alone application. Simply Drag & Drop a .wav stereo file into IRCAM TS and see the power ! It can Time Stretch, Pitch, or blow-out your audio file as no other software has ever done before !

Click here to download your EXCLUSIVE IRCAM TS Demo Version Now ! This demo version will expire on June 10, 2014

IRCAM TS will be available in early June, 2014 at DontCrack, the Apple store and pro audio dealers near you !

Please send us your feedback that will greatly help us and the folks at IRCAM improve the product !

Cheers - Eric

--------------------
Eric Nolot
President & CEO
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
csiaudio
post May 23 2014, 03:56 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,956

Quickly ran this new plug through some paces and at first I was not impressed at all but then I found the oversampling settings and MUCH better!

The one thing that I like about Pro Tools is their algorithm for pitch shift and time stretch, that's about all I like Pro Tools for LOL. This seems inline with their version.

The one thing I have a challenge with is I don't have an every day need for this type of plug, rarely is more like it. So even though I am sure the pricing of this at $249 is quite good I'm not sure I'd spring for it even at $249.

I'll keep this one in mind however. Nice work IRCAM.

+Quote Post
Udo
post May 23 2014, 05:38 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 13,498

I don't have a Mac, so can't test it, but I was wondering how it compares with TS & PS, etc, in MOTU MachFive 3. It was licensed from IRCAM. It works quite well!

This post has been edited by Udo: May 23 2014, 05:52 AM

+Quote Post
Udo
post May 23 2014, 05:41 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 13,498

Oops

This post has been edited by Udo: May 23 2014, 05:44 AM

+Quote Post
robkramble
post May 23 2014, 04:13 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 16,134

Owning a Roland VariOS for just these purposes (but unfortunately, not a Mac), this is about the most exciting development in DSP I've seen in a while.

Once I get a Mac, I'll finally be able to ditch the VariOS, and run my sample time-shifting and repitching ITB.

Great tool! Keep up the excellent research and products!

+Quote Post
Nick
post May 23 2014, 05:53 PM
Post #6

Staff

Group: Team
Member No.: 11,576

QUOTE (csiaudio @ May 23 2014, 04:56 AM) *
Quickly ran this new plug through some paces and at first I was not impressed at all but then I found the oversampling settings and MUCH better!

The one thing that I like about Pro Tools is their algorithm for pitch shift and time stretch, that's about all I like Pro Tools for LOL. This seems inline with their version.

The one thing I have a challenge with is I don't have an every day need for this type of plug, rarely is more like it. So even though I am sure the pricing of this at $249 is quite good I'm not sure I'd spring for it even at $249.

I'll keep this one in mind however. Nice work IRCAM.

Hello csiaudio,

Yes the "oversampling" feature can help out to get things sounding as good as possible.

While ProTools is very fast, IRCAM LAB TS lets you hear things in real time which is quite amazing.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
Nick
post May 23 2014, 06:00 PM
Post #7

Staff

QUOTE (Udo @ May 23 2014, 06:38 AM) *
I don't have a Mac, so can't test it, but I was wondering how it compares with TS & PS, etc, in MOTU MachFive 3. It was licensed from IRCAM. It works quite well!

Hello Udo,

There are a lot of products that have the IRCAM development directly or indirectly driving them. They have been around for a long time and have had a lot of people who have worked there or in association with them that are now producing products all over the world.

The best way to compare is to do a treatment with any other TS/PS program and IRCAM LAB TS on the same material and let your ears be the judge.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
Nick
post May 23 2014, 06:05 PM
Post #8

Staff

QUOTE (robkramble @ May 23 2014, 05:13 PM) *
Owning a Roland VariOS for just these purposes (but unfortunately, not a Mac), this is about the most exciting development in DSP I've seen in a while.

Once I get a Mac, I'll finally be able to ditch the VariOS, and run my sample time-shifting and repitching ITB.

Great tool! Keep up the excellent research and products!

Hello robkramble,

It is Mac for the moment but there are plans to have a PC version, we just don't have a date for it as of yet for it.

You could always try it out with a friend who has a MAC. smile.gif

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
rnappi
post May 23 2014, 11:27 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 16,136

I was curious how different the time stretching algo is from the one in MOTU Mach5?

Thanks,
rich

--------------------
nyc

+Quote Post
Bhang
post May 25 2014, 12:22 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 16,147

I'm about an hour into testing out this stretcher/shifter and I love it. This thing sounds amazing. It keeps the transient behavior far better than any other time stretcher I have used and I'm pretty sure I have used all of the most highly recommended ones. I truly love the 100x button. Paul Stretch is the only other one I know of that gets this extreme. I truly hope this is going to be priced reasonably. I have great use for a quality app like this. I would prefer it in a plugin though.

EXCELLENT LITTLE PROGRAM!!

Bhang

+Quote Post
cridarco
post May 25 2014, 06:14 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 16,138

Fantastic! Good algorithm (also in extreme settings) and very fast speed.
I suggest to add transpose also in alternative ways like beats per minute (bpm) and time length.
Best regards.
Ric

+Quote Post
ircamlabdev
post May 26 2014, 11:19 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 16,153

QUOTE (csiaudio @ May 23 2014, 03:56 AM) *

You can adjust the Settings depending on your material. In the Settings panel (the little engine icon), you can setup a Quality level : in general med-high will improve the transposition for multi-channel materials and high will activate an improved algorithm for the transient-sinus-noise remix section.

The Source settings is very important : the single voice presets are made for voice and will activate a shape preservation algorithm specially suited for them. Choose the monophonic modes whenever does not have multiple instruments, it may be also be best suited for Drums.

But nothing is made in stone, switch between the different ones to find the one that best match for you your material, realistically or esthetically.

Another important parameter is the Max F0 (Maximum Fundamental frequency in Hertz) one, wich is modified by the Source but can also be adjusted after by hand. It will have an important impact on the transposition of your material. The different settings show you the F0 range expected by the engine.

Better, realistic result expect a consistent F0 but play with it if you want also to affect the transformation in different ways.

Also test the remix section part, IrcamLab TS can be used as a precise transient designer.

Have Fun,
The IRCAMLab dev team.

This post has been edited by ircamlabdev: May 26 2014, 11:24 AM

+Quote Post
drichon
post May 26 2014, 02:27 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 16,155

Where is the link ?????

+Quote Post
Nick
post May 26 2014, 03:11 PM
Post #14

Staff

QUOTE (drichon @ May 26 2014, 03:27 PM) *
Where is the link ?????

Hello drichon,

We included in our latest newsletter.

I sent it by a private message to you, take a look for it.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
Nick
post May 26 2014, 03:15 PM
Post #15

Staff

QUOTE (Bhang @ May 25 2014, 01:22 AM) *
I'm about an hour into testing out this stretcher/shifter and I love it. This thing sounds amazing. It keeps the transient behavior far better than any other time stretcher I have used and I'm pretty sure I have used all of the most highly recommended ones. I truly love the 100x button. Paul Stretch is the only other one I know of that gets this extreme. I truly hope this is going to be priced reasonably. I have great use for a quality app like this. I would prefer it in a plugin though.

EXCELLENT LITTLE PROGRAM!!

Bhang

Hello Bhang,

Glad to hear you are enjoying it.

Thanks for the comments.

If you want to get even more out of it take a look at the post by ircamlabdev. There are a couple of tips that will let you maximize the quality.

Enjoy,

Nick

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:41 AM