Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2024 Plans For Nomad Factory?
Rating 5 V
hayright
post Jan 8 2024, 04:57 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 51,613

Hi, I was wondering if there was any information that could be shared on the future of Nomad Factory or what we could potentially expect for 2024?

I enjoy using Nomad Factory plugins and the recent AllTech and PulseTec EQ upgrades were very good, so I'm looking forward to the future of this developer. smile.gif

Thank you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sunbrother
post Jan 22 2024, 07:17 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 51,984

QUOTE (hayright @ Jan 8 2024, 04:57 PM) *
Hi, I was wondering if there was any information that could be shared on the future of Nomad Factory or what we could potentially expect for 2024?

I enjoy using Nomad Factory plugins and the recent AllTech and PulseTec EQ upgrades were very good, so I'm looking forward to the future of this developer. smile.gif

Thank you.

I think they're slowly moving the plugins over to their new framework, which would allow updates and improvements to be made eventually. They're likely balancing this with new plugin concepts as those bring more immediate income, but some of the old EQs appear to be in beta now on the beta forum.

+Quote Post
fabn
post Feb 26 2024, 12:56 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 13,731

QUOTE (hayright @ Jan 8 2024, 04:57 PM) *

Thank you.

+1
Any official statement from Nomad factory available?

+Quote Post
ziggy.pv
post Mar 11 2024, 02:29 PM
Post #4

Group: Team
Member No.: 50,043

Hi.

We are pleased to inform you that we have nearly completed the porting process for Magnetics bundle . It will be available within the coming weeks.

We appreciate your patience and understanding throughout this process.

Should you have any further questions or require assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Ziggy Hand
Quality Assurance.

+Quote Post
Andrew Macaulay
post Mar 14 2024, 09:43 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 29,219

QUOTE (ziggy.pv @ Mar 11 2024, 01:29 PM) *
We are pleased to inform you that we have nearly completed the porting process for Magnetics bundle. It will be available within the coming weeks.

This is great news as Magnetic II looks really nice.
Can you comment on whether we will be seeing the Blue Tubes Bundle, BlueVerb and Bus Driver being updated to support VST3 at some point?

+Quote Post
syurin
post Mar 22 2024, 07:27 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 26,284

QUOTE (ziggy.pv @ Mar 11 2024, 10:29 PM) *
Hi.

We are pleased to inform you that we have nearly completed the porting process for Magnetics bundle . It will be available within the coming weeks.

Should you have any further questions or require assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Ziggy Hand
Quality Assurance.

I am very excited about the latest news.
What is the long-term plugin update schedule and priority for NomadFactory going forward?
I am also looking forward to updates for BlueTubeBundle, BusDriver, DrumTools, and others.

+Quote Post
syurin
post Apr 3 2024, 09:13 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 26,284

QUOTE (ziggy.pv @ Mar 11 2024, 10:29 PM) *
Hi.

Best regards,

Ziggy Hand
Quality Assurance.

What is the progress of the magma porting work?
I have recommended magma to several friends, and I myself find it very convenient and useful.
However, the design of magma is the oldest among Nomad Factory's plugins, and bugs remain unresolved.
Do you have a schedule for the priority and completion date of the magma porting work?
I'm eager for an early port.
Gratitude and respect to the engineers involved in the massive catalog porting work.

+Quote Post
eric
post Apr 3 2024, 04:35 PM
Post #8

Manager

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (syurin @ Apr 3 2024, 10:13 AM) *
What is the progress of the magma porting work?
I have recommended magma to several friends, and I myself find it very convenient and useful.
However, the design of magma is the oldest among Nomad Factory's plugins, and bugs remain unresolved.
Do you have a schedule for the priority and completion date of the magma porting work?
I'm eager for an early port.
Gratitude and respect to the engineers involved in the massive catalog porting work.

Hi syurin,

Thank you so much for reaching out and for your kind words. It really means a lot to us here at the team. Tackling the update of our massive catalog to align with today's operating systems is a huge and, honestly, quite an expensive adventure. We've been deep in the trenches with this project for over five years now.

I'm thrilled to share that Magma is on our radar for later this year, but the even better news is that our development groundwork has reached a solid state, setting the stage for us to really pick up the pace:

•Magnetics Bundle: This is where our focus is at the moment. We've completely overhauled these three plugins, much like the updates we did with the Pulse-Tec and All-Tec EQs. They're sounding better than ever and fully modernized. If all goes well with our final checks, we're looking to announce these on April 15.

• British Bundle: This one's coming up next. It was a bit easier to tackle since we didn't have to do a major overhaul—just some nifty upscaling of the GUIs to keep that cool vintage vibe, plus quite a bit of manual tweaking to smooth out the upscale artifacts. It's trickier than it sounds, but we're aiming to get this bundle out before the end of April.

• Plug & Mix V.I.P. Bundle: There's a lot of anticipation for this one, and rightfully so. It's been a beast with 50 plugins to update, a process that's eaten up over two years of our time. But, we're nearly there and can't wait to get this into your hands by May or early June at the latest.

• Blue Tubes Bundle: We're not stopping there. The flagship Blue Tubes Bundle is already in the works with major improvements on the way. July is our target for this release, fingers crossed.

• In Between Surprises: And just because we can, we might sneak in a few surprises here and there, like the Liquid Bundle, which is all set and just waiting on a fresh coat of paint, graphics-wise.

• Magma: Looking further down the line, Magma is a hefty project with 65 plugins to port and a complex layout that we're aiming to make even better. It's a big job, but we're on it.

I really hope this sheds some light on where we're at. We haven't been the best at sharing our roadmap, and for that, I apologize. It's been a wild ride with plenty of hurdles along the way to creating the perfect setup for reviving these amazing plugins. Offering these updates for free to our existing users is just our way of saying thank you for sticking with us through this journey.

Again, thank you so much for your message and for hanging in there with us. Your support truly keeps us going.

--------------------
Eric Nolot
President & CEO

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:28 PM