IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

I Need A Spat Reverb User Bad!, Can't get SPAT to function in surround
arapahoe
post Oct 25 2012, 08:29 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,586

When I purchased SPAT I thought I would be able to use it in a surround environment but as of yet I'm unable to get it to do what I need it to do.

What I want to do...

I want to be able to have a stereo (or mono) vst instrument like a piano, placed into a SPAT reverb room and then be able to have my front 2 speakers simulate the front of the room (closest to the piano) and have my rear 2 speakers simulate the back of the room...

What I get is the same signal coming out of the front speakers as my 2 rear speakers? How do I place an instrument into one of your reverb rooms and then get a true simulation of that room that I can distribute to my 4 speakers?

I have tried this on mac and PC and can't get it to work in either environment.

On PC I'm opening your SPAT plug in in VSL's Vienna Esemble 5 software (32 bit version) and on mac I'm trying it in the same software (VSL's Vienna Esemble 5 software (32 bit version) with Cubase 6.5 as the host.

In Cubase on the mac I can only get a stereo configuration as an output.

IS IRCAM SPAT incapable of simulating a true surround configuration. It just does not seem to work

HELP! This cost me a lot of money and the documentation is REALLY SUPERFICIAL and doesn't go into how to set this up (if it's even possible)

Thanks,

Wade
Current owner of IRCAM Tools 1.1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
arapahoe
post Jul 11 2014, 07:51 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,586

I wonder if I could someone in the know to chime in here.

I'm still after a long time having troubles understanding Ircam Spat and figuring out how to use it.

I"m currently using Cubase 7.5 on a mac set to 32 bit.

I think I will just ask this one question and see if I can get an answer.

I'm under the impression that you can put multiple sources into a single instance of Spat. Is this true? In other words, you should be able to route different tracks to this single instance and place them into different places in the reverb environment.

I can't for the life of me understand how this is done. How do you get multiple tracks to feed into Spat and have Spat keep track of them. I can send all the tracks I want to an FX channel that is set up as a send but all of the tracks have exactly the same reverb placement. When I move the little yellow balls around everything moves with it.

How do I separate these different instruments so that Spat can keep track of them?

This is just ONE of the many questions I have and there just does not seem to be anywhere I can go to get answers...

Help?

arapahoe

+Quote Post
Nick
post Jul 18 2014, 11:00 AM
Post #3

Staff

Group: Team
Member No.: 11,576

QUOTE (arapahoe @ Jul 11 2014, 08:51 PM) *
I wonder if I could someone in the know to chime in here.

I'm still after a long time having troubles understanding Ircam Spat and figuring out how to use it.

I"m currently using Cubase 7.5 on a mac set to 32 bit.

I think I will just ask this one question and see if I can get an answer.

I'm under the impression that you can put multiple sources into a single instance of Spat. Is this true? In other words, you should be able to route different tracks to this single instance and place them into different places in the reverb environment.

I can't for the life of me understand how this is done. How do you get multiple tracks to feed into Spat and have Spat keep track of them. I can send all the tracks I want to an FX channel that is set up as a send but all of the tracks have exactly the same reverb placement. When I move the little yellow balls around everything moves with it.

How do I separate these different instruments so that Spat can keep track of them?

This is just ONE of the many questions I have and there just does not seem to be anywhere I can go to get answers...

Help?

arapahoe

Hello arapahoe,

As this has been going on for a while now maybe the best way to sort it out is to get in touch with Flux Support directly.

They are the real experts and I am sure they have already helped people to get this type of situation working correctly;

Here is the Flux support link just copy what you have said already in this forum and ask them.

http://www.fluxhome.com/support/contactus.html

Let me know how it works out.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:25 AM