IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Grm Tools Vol 1 & 2 - Workarounds For Modern Os And Software?
MattGreer
post Dec 19 2011, 09:23 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,626

I have owned GRM Tools Vol 1 and 2 for many years now and enjoyed them quite a bit, up until my recent upgrade.

I have a system with Windows 7 64 bit, Cubase 4, and Waves v7. I don't recall the version number of GRM Vol 2, but written on Vol 1 is v1.2.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to get these installed and working in Windows 7 64 bit? I haven't tried 32 bit as that would be quite an undertaking and would render a good portion of my memory useless, of course. wink.gif

When I install, I get the message "Please Install the GRM Tools Plugins from the original CDROM". (I also get the message that my system isn't Windows 98, heh. It is the original CD. I have the mail-in card w/serial number and the key disk on floppy sitting right here as well.) When I start Cubase for the first time, I get the same message, and the plugins do not show up. After that, I don't get the message anymore and the plugins don't show up either.

So back to my original question, does anyone know of a workaround to get the original GRM Tools to install in Win 7 64bit?
Also, is there a download place anywhere with any patches for the original sets, Vol 1 and Vol 2? Perhaps that might help a tad?

I realize that the folks here are not the support staff for GRM, but I think this is probably the best place to get any support for the old plugins that I can. I missed the opportunity to upgrade to Ver 2, so I have no iLok, so I have no way to get to version 3 except to pay a lot of money, sadly.

Any help you can provide is appreciated. Thank you!!

-Matt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DontCrack
post Dec 19 2011, 06:22 PM
Post #2

DontCrack Staff

Group: Team
Member No.: 67

QUOTE (MattGreer @ Dec 19 2011, 09:23 AM) *
I have owned GRM Tools Vol 1 and 2 for many years now and enjoyed them quite a bit, up until my recent upgrade.

I have a system with Windows 7 64 bit, Cubase 4, and Waves v7. I don't recall the version number of GRM Vol 2, but written on Vol 1 is v1.2.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to get these installed and working in Windows 7 64 bit? I haven't tried 32 bit as that would be quite an undertaking and would render a good portion of my memory useless, of course. wink.gif

When I install, I get the message "Please Install the GRM Tools Plugins from the original CDROM". (I also get the message that my system isn't Windows 98, heh. It is the original CD. I have the mail-in card w/serial number and the key disk on floppy sitting right here as well.) When I start Cubase for the first time, I get the same message, and the plugins do not show up. After that, I don't get the message anymore and the plugins don't show up either.

So back to my original question, does anyone know of a workaround to get the original GRM Tools to install in Win 7 64bit?
Also, is there a download place anywhere with any patches for the original sets, Vol 1 and Vol 2? Perhaps that might help a tad?

I realize that the folks here are not the support staff for GRM, but I think this is probably the best place to get any support for the old plugins that I can. I missed the opportunity to upgrade to Ver 2, so I have no iLok, so I have no way to get to version 3 except to pay a lot of money, sadly.

Any help you can provide is appreciated. Thank you!!

-Matt

Hi Matt,

The GRM Staff will get back to you ASAP as I don't have a precise enough answer to bring. Nevertheless, here's the link to all downloads from the inaGRM website including older versions :

http://www.inagrm.com/grm-tools-download

Perhaps should you start by downloading the latest versions and see how it goes.

Hope this helps.

Thanks - Peter

--------------------
Eric Nolot
CEO / President
www.DontCrack.com

+Quote Post
MattGreer
post Dec 20 2011, 05:16 PM
Post #3

For what it's worth, the latest versions require an iLok or some other security device. I'm hopeful that someone from InaGRM will reply but doubtful that they will be willing or able to help.

I think I have a copy of Windows 98 lying around here somewhere... wink.gif

This post has been edited by MattGreer: Dec 20 2011, 05:16 PM

+Quote Post
grmtools
post Dec 21 2011, 10:41 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,521

QUOTE (MattGreer @ Dec 20 2011, 05:16 PM) *
For what it's worth, the latest versions require an iLok or some other security device. I'm hopeful that someone from InaGRM will reply but doubtful that they will be willing or able to help.

I think I have a copy of Windows 98 lying around here somewhere... wink.gif

Hi Matt,

Upgrades are available only for GRM Tools v2 with an iLok protection.
GRM Tools Vol 1 and 2 (Steinberg versions) are protected by key disk, and are not upgradable

Emmanuel

+Quote Post
MattGreer
post Dec 22 2011, 06:52 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (grmtools @ Dec 21 2011, 02:41 AM) *
Hi Matt,

Upgrades are available only for GRM Tools v2 with an iLok protection.
GRM Tools Vol 1 and 2 (Steinberg versions) are protected by key disk, and are not upgradable

Emmanuel

Thank you for your reply, Emmanuel. I was just hoping that there was a way to edit the registry or something to get the old versions to work in Windows 7. I went through some testing on Windows XP, and even on XP some functions don't work very well. For example, Reson won't allow you to drag the "bubble" around the box to vary parameters, but you can click and the bubble will "jump" to that spot. There are other small issues, but the plugins do work inasmuch as they manipulate the source files in wonderful ways. smile.gif

The issue in Windows 7 is that after installation I get an error message that is asking me to install from the original disk, which of course I am. I'm just wondering what error/issue is in the registry that is telling GRM Tools that it was not installed from the original disk.

So, in a nutshell, I'm not looking for an upgrade; I'm looking for a 'hack' to get these working in Windows 7.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 01:04 AM