Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Ircamlab Ts Vs Supervp For Max
Spip
post Sep 19 2014, 09:25 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,417

Hello,

Does anyone know if IrcamLab TS and SuperVP for Max share the same engine and features ?

What are the differences between them ? TS seems no more than a stand-alone version of SuperVP for Max, or am I missing something ?

I'm very impressed by the quality of the sound of TS even though it is not rock-solid and feel a little bit buggy. (1 crash and several freezing/locking of some parameter boxes).

Thanks in advance
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Spip
post Sep 23 2014, 08:22 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,417

Hi Nick, thanks for your reply.

But I couldn't wait any longer and bought TS two days ago. wink.gif

What I would like to know, now that I've spent quite some time with it, is : is the quality (or the engine) of SuperVP for Max exactly the same than TS.
In other words, I would be interested to buy and use it with Max but I don't want to be disappointed by the quality of the algorithms of SuperVP. There isn't any demo available and the only document I found is the help files for Max.

About TS, after few hours with it, I can say I'm really impressed by the sound and the speed of the workflow but... it is really buggy. Usable but buggy.
Around 1 crash / hour and I had to restart it a few times because it didn't recognise audio files. All was fine after a reboot.
Roughly : you have to be careful how quick you type in the numboxes and play with the MIDI controller. To much data and it freezes or crashes. As I was saying, I had error messages saying that the wav or aiff files were not audio files.
The same files were accepted without problem after a reboot. Also, it doesn't seem to like working on more than 3 files open at a time.
Nothing extraordinary but it's hard to feel at home in such circumstances and unacceptable for live use, of course. I don't forget that it's a 1.0 version but some obvious features seem missing. Knobs and sliders can not be used with scroll-wheel or trackpad. Time length and BPM conversion etc.
Don't get me wrong it's a really good software and very promising but closer to 0.9 than 1.0. version...
Config.: Macbook 2.4 (late 2011) OSX Maverick.

Hope this helps.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Spip   Ircamlab Ts Vs Supervp For Max   Sep 19 2014, 09:25 AM
- - Nick   QUOTE (Spip @ Sep 19 2014, 10:25 AM) Hell...   Sep 23 2014, 03:38 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 08:34 AM