IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Agitation Not Working
polimorfos
post Apr 18 2011, 04:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,592

I purchased the GRM 3 tools collection and agitation doesn't seem to be working at all in ANY of the GRM plugins (AU or VST) in the latest versions of Ableton Live or Logic.

Mac OS 10.6.7 Intel Core i5.

Any ideas why this may be happening? Can I be the only one experiencing this?

This post has been edited by polimorfos: Apr 18 2011, 04:22 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Loopy C
post Apr 19 2011, 08:39 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,527

btw, here is what manual has to say about 'Agitator':

Agitation

This set of controllers is used to add random variations to the processing parameters. The left
hand turn button gives the amplitude (from 0% to 100%) of the random variation. The right
hand turn button gives the speed of the variations (from 0 to 60 s). The On/Off button
located below the two turn buttons activates the variations.

In addition, the magenta button located to the right of each alphanumeric value
enables control of the effect of the variation for each individual parameter. When the button
is light, the parameter is subjected to the variation, when it is dark, the variation has no
effect.

Caution : In the default configuration, agitation is de-activated for all parameters.

emphasis mine ;-)

This post has been edited by Loopy C: Apr 19 2011, 08:56 AM

--------------------
Chris R. Gibson | GRM 3.0 Complete
MacBook Pro 2.8 Ghz (Mid 2010) | 8 GB RAM | OSX 10.6.8 | Logic 9.1.3
Mac Pro 2.66 Ghz (Nehalem 8 Core) | 16 GB RAM | OSX 10.8.5 | Logic 9.1.8
MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo | 2 GB RAM | OSX 10.9.3 | Logic X
iPad GEN 3 | 60 GB | IOS 7.1.1

+Quote Post
polimorfos
post Apr 19 2011, 01:21 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Loopy C @ Apr 19 2011, 09:39 AM) *
btw, here is what manual has to say about 'Agitator':

Agitation

This set of controllers is used to add random variations to the processing parameters. The left
hand turn button gives the amplitude (from 0% to 100%) of the random variation. The right
hand turn button gives the speed of the variations (from 0 to 60 s). The On/Off button
located below the two turn buttons activates the variations.

In addition, the magenta button located to the right of each alphanumeric value
enables control of the effect of the variation for each individual parameter. When the button
is light, the parameter is subjected to the variation, when it is dark, the variation has no
effect.

Caution : In the default configuration, agitation is de-activated for all parameters.

emphasis mine ;-)

How did I miss this? I just searched for agitation in the manual but somehow this escaped me... oops blink.gif . Thanks!

+Quote Post
polimorfos
post Apr 19 2011, 02:17 PM
Post #4

I got very confused because agitation worked in Pitch Accumulator.

I just checked now and agitation is modulating some parameter even though the magenta button is not illuminated for any function... curious.

OK - I checked again and discovered agitator was modulating the amplitude of the random modulation even though the agitation destination button was not illuminated. I turned the magenta button on and off and it is behaving normally now. Small bug...

Also, when agitation was modulating the amplitude (when the destination light was off), there was no visual feedback in the GUI of any agitation occurring in amplitude.

This post has been edited by polimorfos: Apr 19 2011, 02:25 PM

+Quote Post
Loopy C
post Apr 20 2011, 11:38 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,527

QUOTE (polimorfos @ Apr 19 2011, 06:17 AM) *
I got very confused because agitation worked in Pitch Accumulator.

I just checked now and agitation is modulating some parameter even though the magenta button is not illuminated for any function... curious.

OK - I checked again and discovered agitator was modulating the amplitude of the random modulation even though the agitation destination button was not illuminated. I turned the magenta button on and off and it is behaving normally now. Small bug...

Also, when agitation was modulating the amplitude (when the destination light was off), there was no visual feedback in the GUI of any agitation occurring in amplitude.

I have not necessarily seen what you describe but will keep an eye out for it in the future...if you are able to duplicate/experience it again be sure and get a report in. The key to these things is getting all the info to grm in a manner that allows them to duplicate and identify exact circumstance, conditions, and configuration so they can put on their list to address/fix ;-)

--------------------
Chris R. Gibson | GRM 3.0 Complete
MacBook Pro 2.8 Ghz (Mid 2010) | 8 GB RAM | OSX 10.6.8 | Logic 9.1.3
Mac Pro 2.66 Ghz (Nehalem 8 Core) | 16 GB RAM | OSX 10.8.5 | Logic 9.1.8
MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo | 2 GB RAM | OSX 10.9.3 | Logic X
iPad GEN 3 | 60 GB | IOS 7.1.1

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:19 AM