Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Feature Request - Load/bounce As Separate Directories?
Loopy C
post Jun 4 2014, 07:15 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,527

Not sure how OSX 'Navigation Services' are coded, but it would be more convenient if the file 'source' directory ('Open' or 'drag/drop' into TS window' location) and 'Bounce' destination directories were remembered separately by TS.

If I open a file now, it then defaults to same directory to 'bounce' to initially. If I then change that destination to another folder (for example my work file bounces for that session) and then proceed to load (drag/drop) another sound from my original sources folder for a new bounce, I have to keep changing the destination directory each time back to my desired and DIFFERENT work folder of bounces.

I am pretty sure I have other app's that track the source and destination folders separately (though can't specify one off the top of my head) so if possible, this would be nice for a future version ;-)

Thanks in advance.

--------------------
Chris R. Gibson | GRM 3.0 Complete
MacBook Pro 2.8 Ghz (Mid 2010) | 8 GB RAM | OSX 10.6.8 | Logic 9.1.3
Mac Pro 2.66 Ghz (Nehalem 8 Core) | 16 GB RAM | OSX 10.8.5 | Logic 9.1.8
MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo | 2 GB RAM | OSX 10.9.3 | Logic X
iPad GEN 3 | 60 GB | IOS 7.1.1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
eric
post Jun 6 2014, 10:50 AM
Post #2

Manager

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Loopy C @ Jun 4 2014, 08:15 PM) *
Not sure how OSX 'Navigation Services' are coded, but it would be more convenient if the file 'source' directory ('Open' or 'drag/drop' into TS window' location) and 'Bounce' destination directories were remembered separately by TS.

If I open a file now, it then defaults to same directory to 'bounce' to initially. If I then change that destination to another folder (for example my work file bounces for that session) and then proceed to load (drag/drop) another sound from my original sources folder for a new bounce, I have to keep changing the destination directory each time back to my desired and DIFFERENT work folder of bounces.

I am pretty sure I have other app's that track the source and destination folders separately (though can't specify one off the top of my head) so if possible, this would be nice for a future version ;-)

Thanks in advance.

Hello again Loopy C ;-)

Yes that is very pertinent and will make sure the folks at IRCAM look into that... Shouldn't be something to hard to setup in the source code.

Thanks - Eric

--------------------
Eric Nolot
President & CEO
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:57 PM