> Pc Version, when will it be out and can I buy it now at the intro price
talentimo
post Sep 25 2014, 11:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,767

Hi, I'm interested in a PC version of Ircam TS:
- when's it likely to be out?
- if I pay for the Mac version now do I get the PC version for free?
- does TS use a hardware key?
Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nick
post Sep 26 2014, 04:16 PM
Post #2

Staff

Group: Team
Member No.: 11,576

QUOTE (talentimo @ Sep 26 2014, 12:39 AM) *
Hi, I'm interested in a PC version of Ircam TS:
- when's it likely to be out?
- if I pay for the Mac version now do I get the PC version for free?
- does TS use a hardware key?
Thanks!

Hello talentimo,

1/ We expect it in about 15 days time

2/ Yes you do, all you have to is download the PC version when it is available and use the serial number provided in the order confirmation.

3/ The authorization is done with a Serial number, no iLok or dongle.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
talentimo
post Sep 26 2014, 05:21 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 16,767

Thanks, Nick, that's all good news! As a side note that I will plug whenever I can, I have had a lot trouble with hardware protection keys lately, in particular iLok, and I am avoiding any software that uses it. I'm very happy to hear that they're using another scheme in this case.

+Quote Post
Nick
post Sep 26 2014, 05:55 PM
Post #4

Staff

QUOTE (talentimo @ Sep 26 2014, 06:21 PM) *
Thanks, Nick, that's all good news! As a side note that I will plug whenever I can, I have had a lot trouble with hardware protection keys lately, in particular iLok, and I am avoiding any software that uses it. I'm very happy to hear that they're using another scheme in this case.

Hello talentimo,

You are not alone.

The iLok protection is a good system and really helps developers against piracy but it is a real headache for support and honest clients who want to use their software in the easiest way possible.

We have taken the 'user-friendly' option and made it authorization by serial number.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
anticracker
post Nov 7 2014, 01:31 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 13,857

QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ Sep 26 2014, 11:16 AM) *
1/ We expect it in about 15 days time

Did I miss the release of the PC version or are we still waiting for it? TIA!

+Quote Post
Nick
post Nov 7 2014, 04:22 PM
Post #6

Staff

QUOTE (anticracker @ Nov 7 2014, 01:31 PM) *
Did I miss the release of the PC version or are we still waiting for it? TIA!

Hi anticracker,

Thanks for your interest in DontCrack and Ircam TS.

Ircam is still working hard on the new Windows version.

In mid-September we were told that it would be coming in about 2 weeks.

Right now they have not set the final date of the release and we are waiting to hear about the progress of the Windows version.

I expect to hear about it very soon.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
foede
post Dec 22 2014, 10:17 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 17,352

Hi,

as a windows user I am really interested in the PC version of ircam TS and would like to try/buy it for the intro price.

But - end of december is coming soon and the price is going to rise without the chance for us PC users to test the ircam TS.

So, my question is:

When???

Best regards,

Robert

+Quote Post
Nick
post Dec 22 2014, 02:53 PM
Post #8

Staff

QUOTE (foede @ Dec 22 2014, 10:17 AM) *
Hi,

as a windows user I am really interested in the PC version of ircam TS and would like to try/buy it for the intro price.

But - end of december is coming soon and the price is going to rise without the chance for us PC users to test the ircam TS.

So, my question is:

When???

Best regards,

Robert

Hello foede,

Don't worry, the windows version has taken longer than expected to be released and we thought it would be here by now.

The promo price will continue and it will not rise when the PC version is released.

That would not be fair to those people who work on PC.

You will have lots of time to test out the Windows version and then purchase it if you want to at the $99 price.

For the date of the release, we can't say exactly when right now, but we expect it very soon in 2015.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
foede
post Jan 30 2015, 10:17 AM
Post #9

Hi Nick,

another month later. "very soon in 2015" has passed by and the announcement in sept. 2014 as well.

Any expectations regarding the release of the windows version?

- As a matter of fact, I already bought a license and would like to use it on PC ...

So, I'm really waiting ...

Best,

Robert

Robert Foede
Dipl.-Tonmeister VDT

QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ Dec 22 2014, 02:53 PM) *
Hello foede,

Don't worry, the windows version has taken longer than expected to be released and we thought it would be here by now.

The promo price will continue and it will not rise when the PC version is released.

That would not be fair to those people who work on PC.

You will have lots of time to test out the Windows version and then purchase it if you want to at the $99 price.

For the date of the release, we can't say exactly when right now, but we expect it very soon in 2015.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
Nspace
post Jan 31 2015, 05:34 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 16,978

I agree with above commenters on this long standing issue.

Despite the usual superior service by DontCrack and Nick, IRCAM did promote three months ago a product (Win Version) that hasn't yet materialized.
Personally I believed, asked for a PC version and then did buy -while on a time full of attractive SALE alternatives- a TS license. I invested on a product that so far I had not been able to utilize, not a single time.

Therefore it looks logical that IRCAM makes an effort to compensate those of us who believed, invested in their promise and had lost three months of usage, if not more.

Since I have already waited for so long, I will still hold to IRCAM's and NIck's commitment for the upcoming TS's Windows release.
However at this point, it will probably be fair that those in this situation, receive a functional compensation, for instance, by way of a choice from some of the interesting IRCAM plugins that effectively do have operational Windows releases.

+Quote Post
Nick
post Feb 2 2015, 06:53 PM
Post #11

Staff

QUOTE (Nspace @ Jan 31 2015, 05:34 PM) *
I agree with above commenters on this long standing issue.

Despite the usual superior service by DontCrack and Nick, IRCAM did promote three months ago a product (Win Version) that hasn't yet materialized.
Personally I believed, asked for a PC version and then did buy -while on a time full of attractive SALE alternatives- a TS license. I invested on a product that so far I had not been able to utilize, not a single time.

Therefore it looks logical that IRCAM makes an effort to compensate those of us who believed, invested in their promise and had lost three months of usage, if not more.

Since I have already waited for so long, I will still hold to IRCAM's and NIck's commitment for the upcoming TS's Windows release.
However at this point, it will probably be fair that those in this situation, receive a functional compensation, for instance, by way of a choice from some of the interesting IRCAM plugins that effectively do have operational Windows releases.

Hello Nspace,

Ircam is very close to the release of the long awaited Windows version.

I just downloaded a copy of the final beta version today.

I agree that it has been a long wait but developing the Window version has taking longer than expected for the team at Ircam.

It is almost over.

We expect to be making an announcement very very soon.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
Nspace
post Feb 10 2015, 06:25 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 16,978

Hi Nick,

I was checking my Dontcrack orders and yes; at this Feb Sat 14, it will exactly be 4 months since my acquisition of IRCAM TS for Windows.

Since I prefer not to put pressure on the last checks and details on developers completing (au contraire, I'm sure we want them to be relaxed and concentrated at their task), and since coincidentally that same day the world celebrates LOVE all around. Then, I am just suggesting you to kindly prompt the french guys to open their keys vaults and treat us -waiting customers- with some magnifique/fantastique access to some of their other tools, those they guard so carefully.

This way, them, you, I (and probably most-of-we in this position), will be happy with has already happened overall here and possibly it will add a good aura to our remembrances when this is long over.
What you say? You may even try to find some charming tone for this attempt. will you? It seems love changes most of us, they might agree on this too.

This post has been edited by Nspace: Feb 10 2015, 06:28 AM

+Quote Post
foede
post Feb 10 2015, 09:50 AM
Post #13

... very, very soon > 1 week + ?

... getting ridiculous.

+Quote Post
Nick
post Feb 10 2015, 11:34 AM
Post #14

Staff

QUOTE (foede @ Feb 10 2015, 09:50 AM) *
... very, very soon > 1 week + ?

... getting ridiculous.

Hello foede,

I know it has been a long wait for the Windows version, and I apologise for the initial enthusiasm where we announced the fact that the Windows version would be coming very soon.

It was what we told when the Mac version was released but the development was not as advanced as we believed at that time.

The Windows version has gone through a longer cycle of development than was projected as you can see.

As I have said recently Ircam is in the final beta testing stage and it will not be long in coming.

I would like to give you a definite date for the release, but that would be premature and I don't want to add to the frustration.

Like you we want the release to be as soon as possible, but in the interest of having the most stable product possible, it will be a bit longer in coming.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
axembler
post Feb 17 2015, 12:04 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 17,650

I also bought few months ago and still no PC version...what a joke!
It wasn't released as promised so I must agree with Nspace.
Apology in the form of compensation is the right way.
We were patient, lets see how they'll treat us...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:08 AM