Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Ts2 Multiple Bug
friscotch
post May 23 2022, 03:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,358

Summary:
TS2 issues : dangerous self-feedback + multichannel audio files just play stereo + CPU over consumption.

Product Version and Format:
TS2 version 2.2.2

Description:
• Sometimes TS2 start to self-feedback : some kind of self delay starts and builds DANGEROUSLY, fortunately every time I could switch my sound card off before ear or speaker damage.
• Also sometimes TS2 plays only the two first channels of a multichannel (quadraphonic) audio files. On the 4 Vu-meters only 1 and 2 work, not 3 and 4 (and no sound on these channels).
• The CPU consumption is 30% just reading a simple quadraphonic file without any treatment, doesn't it look like over-consumption ?

Reproducibility:
Random Occurrence : the bugs exists since the first installation of TS2 2.2.2 and I haven't found a way to reproduce them. It just happens from time to time, sometimes TS2 works fine, but I keep my fingers close to my sound card power switch just in case... I currently avoid using TS2 for that reason.

Your System Information:
- MacBook Pro M1 Pro 2021
- Mac OS Monterey 12.3.1
- RAM : 32
- DAW version and build number (where applicable): NA
- SSD : 4T
- Sound Card : RME Fireface UFX

Attachments:
I don't know where to find a TS2 specific bug report file...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
pierreguillot
post May 30 2022, 08:48 AM
Post #2

ircamLab Team

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,958

> 44100Hz. I just tried switching from 2048 to 512 and then 1024 and at some point TS2 stopped quantization noise and started to work. But still 30% CPU without any sound treatment.

Okay, I managed to reproduce this on a machine so we'll try to fix it now.

> So glad to hear that. My problem might be a Rosetta issue. My other software (Max, Reaper, Live, Logic, RX, to name a few are Silicon native and I don't experience any issues). When do you expect the TS M1 version to be released ? I can beta-test if you wish. Just PM me in that case.

Great, thank you. I can not say when it will be done, I am not in charge of the development schedule of this project but I will notify the need to do so.

> On another note, do you foresee Audiosculpt to be upgraded too or is TS2 bound to replace Audiosculpt in the future ? (integrating cross-synthesis, etc...).

TS2 will not replace AudioSculpt. I suggest you look at the Ircam Forum for further information about AudioSculpt and alternatives.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:49 PM