Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ts2 "failed To Authorize The Application! Couldn't Create Cache File"
kulturevoid
post Nov 27 2023, 02:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 53,475

Purchased a copy of TS2, got the serial number from plugivery.com, installed and launched program, entered serial number to authorize and get this error message:

"Failed to authorize the application! Couldn't create cache file"

Running TS2 in demo mode it seems to work fine, but I would like to authorize it to be able to use it! :-)

This on a Windows 11 Pro machine, running with a local administration account, so not sure why there would be some kind of permissions problem, or what creating a cache has to do with authorizing the application.

Have tried sending a message to Technical Support at ircamlab.com, but have not heard back from them.

If anyone knows how to fix and solve this problem of authorization, please let me know!

Thank you!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pb21
post Nov 28 2023, 05:57 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 50,676

Same here and no response from Ircam technical support.

+Quote Post
kulturevoid
post Nov 30 2023, 01:21 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (pb21 @ Nov 28 2023, 08:57 AM) *
Same here and no response from Ircam technical support.

Sorry to hear that.

I did get a reply from support mentioning the directory path to the cache folder it needs to write to; and I replied with screenshots showing it created the cache folder in a different location; so it seems like it is trying to write an authorization file to a folder it thinks it created, but is in the wrong place.

Starting to think we'll have to wait for a new maintenance release that updates the authorization process for Windows 11 Pro.

C'est la vie!

+Quote Post
pb21
post Nov 30 2023, 06:12 AM
Post #4

I finally solved it, in Windows 11 it now has under the security panel a controlled folder access function. Here you can find a list of blocked apps and allow them access. This is in addition to the firewall app access.

Go to the notifications and you will see it there, click and it will take you to the right place in the security tabs

This post has been edited by pb21: Nov 30 2023, 06:14 AM

+Quote Post
kulturevoid
post Nov 30 2023, 07:37 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (pb21 @ Nov 29 2023, 09:12 PM) *
I finally solved it, in Windows 11 it now has under the security panel a controlled folder access function. Here you can find a list of blocked apps and allow them access. This is in addition to the firewall app access.

Go to the notifications and you will see it there, click and it will take you to the right place in the security tabs

OMG! You're effing a right! I see the .auth file now, in the cache directory, and now all is well in our world.

Merci beaucoup for the tip off, I really appreciate it!

Finally, moving right along now... cool.gif

+Quote Post
pb21
post Nov 30 2023, 09:51 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (kulturevoid @ Nov 30 2023, 08:37 AM) *
OMG! You're effing a right! I see the .auth file now, in the cache directory, and now all is well in our world.

Merci beaucoup for the tip off, I really appreciate it!

Finally, moving right along now... cool.gif

I noticed that you bought it on the same day as me so it suggested a Windows problem. They keep making changes and they are not always easy to follow or find. You might want to let other apps through that filtering system. I noticed I had at least eight others unable to do their job.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:17 AM