Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> P&m Plug-ins Suggestions, Any cool plug-in you'd like us to do ? Post it here !
DontCrack
post May 7 2013, 10:12 AM
Post #61

DontCrack Staff

Group: Team
Member No.: 67

QUOTE (MARIU5 @ May 7 2013, 09:37 AM) *
yay, the ping pong is fixed now ! I'm liking it a lot more now, thanks for listening smile.gif

Thank you Marius for reporting.

Cheers - Peter

--------------------
Eric Nolot
CEO / President
www.DontCrack.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vic_france
post May 18 2013, 01:55 PM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,194

QUOTE (DontCrack @ Apr 3 2013, 05:03 PM) *
A noise-gate is on the developers list of things to do right now. it won't be long to wait.

I was just re-reading this topic, to see if a Noise Gate (i.e. "expander"-type, rather than "rhythmic gater") was already on the request list.
Not quite sure which of those two you were referring to as being already no the "to do list" (hopefully, both? smile.gif )

--------------------
Mac Pro Quad-Core 2.66 GHz | 16GB RAM | MOTU PCI-424/2408mk3|MOTU Midi Timepiece AV | Mac OS X 10.9.5 | Cubase 8.0.10| Cubase 7.5.40| DP 8.0.7| Logic Pro X 10.1.1| ProTools 11.3.1| Ableton Live 9.1.7 | Reaper 477

+Quote Post
Nick
post May 21 2013, 10:00 AM
Post #63

Staff

Member No.: 11,576

QUOTE (vic_france @ May 18 2013, 02:55 PM) *
I was just re-reading this topic, to see if a Noise Gate (i.e. "expander"-type, rather than "rhythmic gater") was already on the request list.
Not quite sure which of those two you were referring to as being already no the "to do list" (hopefully, both? smile.gif )

Hello vic_france,

If this is a definition of the tools you want to see then yes they are on the "to do list".

Expander/Noise Gate Filter
An expander increases the dynamic range of an audio signal by attenuating (reducing the gain of) the signal when it drops below a certain level (the threshold). This has the effect of making relatively quiet portions of the audio signal even more quiet proportionally, so the difference between the loud and quiet parts of the audio are increased.

An expander makes quieter portions of audio even quieter by decreasing the audio level if it drops below a specified level. The lower a level is relative to the specified audio level threshold, the more it is decreased, depending on the Ratio setting. An expander with a very high ratio value is called a noise gate and is used to make the level of all sound below the specified audio level threshold as close to silence as possible.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
vic_france
post May 21 2013, 04:33 PM
Post #64

Advanced Member

Hi Nick,
I was referring to cyphersuit's request..
I would love a trancegate. nomad maga has one, the tough thing would be to supply the tg with less gui space...

to which Peter replied..

hello cyphersuit,

A noise-gate is on the developers list of things to do right now. it won't be long to wait.

Hence my request for clarification as to what type of gate Peter was referring to wink.gif.

My own request is indeed for a true noise gate (as you described).. so far absent from the current Dynamics category of P&M plugins.

A Trance Gate is more akin to a step sequencer in its result.. and would indeed be a welcome addition also wink.gif.

This post has been edited by vic_france: May 21 2013, 04:35 PM

--------------------
Mac Pro Quad-Core 2.66 GHz | 16GB RAM | MOTU PCI-424/2408mk3|MOTU Midi Timepiece AV | Mac OS X 10.9.5 | Cubase 8.0.10| Cubase 7.5.40| DP 8.0.7| Logic Pro X 10.1.1| ProTools 11.3.1| Ableton Live 9.1.7 | Reaper 477

+Quote Post
Nick
post May 21 2013, 06:46 PM
Post #65

Staff

QUOTE (vic_france @ May 21 2013, 05:33 PM) *
Hi Nick,
I was referring to cyphersuit's request..
to which Peter replied..

Hence my request for clarification as to what type of gate Peter was referring to wink.gif.

My own request is indeed for a true noise gate (as you described).. so far absent from the current Dynamics category of P&M plugins.

A Trance Gate is more akin to a step sequencer in its result.. and would indeed be a welcome addition also wink.gif.

Hello vic_france,

A Trance Gate would be a stepped gate that follows the tempo right?

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
vic_france
post May 21 2013, 10:38 PM
Post #66

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ May 21 2013, 07:46 PM) *
Hello vic_france,

A Trance Gate would be a stepped gate that follows the tempo right?

Best Regards,

Nick

Yes, ideally with each step controllable both in level and in length (i.e. variable percentage of the step itself, but also with possibility of tying to the next step).
(I reply, but the TranceGate was really cyphersuit's request, not my own wink.gif )

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nick
post May 22 2013, 09:36 AM
Post #67

Staff

QUOTE (vic_france @ May 21 2013, 11:38 PM) *
Yes, ideally with each step controllable both in level and in length (i.e. variable percentage of the step itself, but also with possibility of tying to the next step).
(I reply, but the TranceGate was really cyphersuit's request, not my own wink.gif )

Hello vic_france,

I will pass it along to the developers to see how easy it would be for them to build it in.

The trick is to incorporate tiny fades as digital hates cutting audio that isn't at a zero crossing point, gives us those nice little audible clicks that most people don't appreciate at all.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
MARIU5
post Aug 27 2013, 01:25 AM
Post #68

Member No.: 12,572

hey guys please include a mix control in the cool vibe plug in ... it would add some extra flexibility to an already cool effect.

+Quote Post
Nick
post Aug 27 2013, 10:39 AM
Post #69

Staff

QUOTE (MARIU5 @ Aug 27 2013, 02:25 AM) *
hey guys please include a mix control in the cool vibe plug in ... it would add some extra flexibility to an already cool effect.

Hello MARIU5,

I will pass on the suggestion to the developers, in the mean time there is always the option of running it as a send instead of an insert and blending the amount of the Cool Vibe that you need.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
MARIU5
post Sep 27 2013, 06:08 PM
Post #70

Member No.: 12,572

Thank you Nick, I have another sugguestion : A micro pitch shift plug in ! There are very few options out there, the soundtoys micro shift which requires an ilok (UGH) Schwa's CMX (Really great sound BUT 32 bit only, never gets updated) Waves doubler (not a fan of the sound and waves in general) and I think that's about it, the pitch chorus effect is extremely useful on vocals, there is an algorithm in older Lexicon hardware that lets you run two micro pitch shifters per side in stereo for a super lush and thick sound, no one makes this type of effect as far as I know ...

+Quote Post
Nick
post Sep 30 2013, 10:30 AM
Post #71

Staff

QUOTE (MARIU5 @ Sep 27 2013, 07:08 PM) *
Thank you Nick, I have another sugguestion : A micro pitch shift plug in ! There are very few options out there, the soundtoys micro shift which requires an ilok (UGH) Schwa's CMX (Really great sound BUT 32 bit only, never gets updated) Waves doubler (not a fan of the sound and waves in general) and I think that's about it, the pitch chorus effect is extremely useful on vocals, there is an algorithm in older Lexicon hardware that lets you run two micro pitch shifters per side in stereo for a super lush and thick sound, no one makes this type of effect as far as I know ...

Hello MARIU5,

A great suggestion, I remember that algorithm in older Lexicon hardware, it had lots of great uses when you want to keep the timing tight.

You can do something similar with delays with a slight oscillation but you add a timing offset to the signal, not really great when you want a voice or guitar to stay in the groove.

I will pass the suggestion along to the developers.

All the best,

Nick

+Quote Post
runescapegold666
post Nov 28 2013, 06:58 AM
Post #72

Member No.: 13,898

I suggest a panner plugin, like Melda's Autopan or the Pan Station from Audio damage. Something like these.
fifa ultimate team coins
fifa 14 coins for sale

+Quote Post
Nick
post Dec 3 2013, 05:10 PM
Post #73

Staff

QUOTE (runescapegold666 @ Nov 28 2013, 06:58 AM) *
I suggest a panner plugin, like Melda's Autopan or the Pan Station from Audio damage. Something like these.
fifa ultimate team coins
fifa 14 coins for sale

Hello runescapegold666,

Great suggestion, thanks for your input.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
mike110492
post Apr 2 2014, 04:24 PM
Post #74

Member No.: 13,561

I would love to see a spring reverb from you guys in the future!

+Quote Post
DontCrack
post Apr 2 2014, 04:28 PM
Post #75

DontCrack Staff

Member No.: 67

QUOTE (mike110492 @ Apr 2 2014, 04:24 PM) *
I would love to see a spring reverb from you guys in the future!

Yep, that should see the day pretty shortly. laugh.gif

Thanks

--------------------
Eric Nolot
CEO / President
www.DontCrack.com

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
24 User(s) are reading this topic (24 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:48 AM