> Echoes, User feedback & Testimonials
DontCrack
post Apr 27 2011, 07:20 AM
Post #1

DontCrack Staff

Group: Team
Member No.: 67

Dear friends,

Here's the place to post your feedback, testimonials, or what ever comment using Nomad Factory's ECHOES plugin.

Audio exemples are most welcome...

Here are a few cool ECHOES Videos :

Nomad Factory Echoes - Trailer
Nomad Factory Echoes - Guitar Demo
Nomad Factory Echoes - Vocal Demo
Nomad Factory Echoes - Drum Demo

Kind Regards - Peter

--------------------
Eric Nolot
CEO / President
www.DontCrack.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nullobject
post Apr 28 2011, 12:14 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,678

It sounds great. So since I recently purchased Magnetic alone for $99.00 and you can now get Magnetic AND echos for $99.00, how do I go about getting echoes without incurring an additional cost?

Thanks

+Quote Post
that_proghead
post May 10 2011, 01:50 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,717

I just took a listen to it. I played a guitar track through it where I'd used a volume pedal to fade in each note.
OMG!! The "Drifter" preset sounds UNCANNILY like the delay on Steve Howe's steel guitar at the end of "Gates of Delirium"!
Yes- "Soon"
I don't mean just the delay length and number of repeats - those could be achieved with any number of other delay plugins - but I'm talking about the tonality, the way the high end cuts through, the subtle gritty quality in the delay - the subtleties of an old Echoplex are reproduced remarkably accurately. And while smooth, neutral sounding delays sound nice on guitars, the link above is proof that the slight haze and grit that the Echoplex imparted is absolutely magical on guitars.

I also discovered that if you move the delay time knob while a signal is passing through the plugin, ECHOES mimics the freaky pitch-bending effects that tape and analog delay devices produce when you turn their delay time knobs while playing your instrument. I tried this with a couple of other delay plugins. One stutters if you adjust the delay time while it's processing signal. Another smoothly lengthens or shortens the delays, but does NOT do the vintage sounding pitch "whammy" effects. ECHOES mimics the response of old hardware tape and analog echo effects when its controls are adjusted.
You may be able to get effects like the ones Jimmy Page recorded in the psychedelic middle section of "Whole Lotta Love" with ECHOES. And with the automation capabilities of modern DAWs, some will undoubtedly find ways to take these psychadelic effects to a new level.

I will be placing my order shortly.

--------------------
HP xw9300, (2)AMD Opteron 280 CPU, 250GB C:, 1.5TB addit'l HD, 4GB RAM, Win XP Pro SP2 32 bit
MOTU 2408 mk3, MOTU MIDI Express 128
Cubase 5.5.2
Nomad Factory, Waves, Wave Arts, Sonnox, Sonalksis, IK, URS, Native Instruments, refx, Waldorf, Arturia, etc plugins

+Quote Post
RAlisha
post Nov 19 2011, 11:16 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 10,402

Hi there guys! Thank you very much for these posts! It was so great to find this tread as I found out this information! That's exactly what I was looking for!

--------------------
Free PDF Editor http://pdfeditor.me/

+Quote Post
that_proghead
post Dec 17 2011, 10:00 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 9,717

Having had more opportunity to use ECHOES now, I have the following comments:
1.) I am still as blown away as I was at first with its sound. I like to use a little delay on lead guitar, and ECHOES is my first choice now. A recent piece in which ECHOES was used for delay on a couple of guitar parts:
Diaphanous Radiance
2.) I have trouble with it not instantiating in busier mixes with lots of tracks and lots of other plugins running. I have plenty of CPU horsepower available, but at some point, ECHOES will not instantiate. The piece in the link above has 4 or 5 guitar parts, Native Instruments Battery drums and Native Instruments Acoustik Piano. On pieces where I have more guitars, more VST instruments, a dozen audio tracks of a live drummer, several group tracks and several folder tracks to keep thing organized, ECHOES refuses to open. I've read posts on here by others who have the same trouble. I've downloaded the latest version, hoping the problem had been remedied, but it has not.

ECHOES is an absolutely amazing sounding delay... when it chooses to open.

What I will have to do on the more complex mixes I'm working on is take each track I wish to use ECHOES on, pull it up by itself an a blank Cubase project, instantiate ECHOES, then export the output of the FX track with ECHOES on it, thus creating an audio file of just the delay. Then I will need to import that audio file back into the more complex mix as a new audio track, thus getting around not being able to instantiate ECHOES directly in the busier mix. Tedious, time-consuming and I am not looking forward to it.

3.) When it does open, I've gotten great results using automation to adjust the stereo and repeats knobs, as well as the delay time. These controls allow for lots of flexibility and great delay effects, and the ability to automate them opens up the doors for a lot of great musical ideas.

This post has been edited by that_proghead: Dec 17 2011, 10:11 PM

--------------------
HP xw9300, (2)AMD Opteron 280 CPU, 250GB C:, 1.5TB addit'l HD, 4GB RAM, Win XP Pro SP2 32 bit
MOTU 2408 mk3, MOTU MIDI Express 128
Cubase 5.5.2
Nomad Factory, Waves, Wave Arts, Sonnox, Sonalksis, IK, URS, Native Instruments, refx, Waldorf, Arturia, etc plugins

+Quote Post
kevaquarian
post Dec 26 2011, 06:48 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,980

QUOTE (that_proghead @ Dec 17 2011, 10:00 PM) *
2.) I have trouble with it not instantiating in busier mixes with lots of tracks and lots of other plugins running. I have plenty of CPU horsepower available, but at some point, ECHOES will not instantiate. The piece in the link above has 4 or 5 guitar parts, Native Instruments Battery drums and Native Instruments Acoustik Piano. On pieces where I have more guitars, more VST instruments, a dozen audio tracks of a live drummer, several group tracks and several folder tracks to keep thing organized, ECHOES refuses to open. I've read posts on here by others who have the same trouble. I've downloaded the latest version, hoping the problem had been remedied, but it has not.

ECHOES is an absolutely amazing sounding delay... when it chooses to open.

What I will have to do on the more complex mixes I'm working on is take each track I wish to use ECHOES on, pull it up by itself an a blank Cubase project, instantiate ECHOES, then export the output of the FX track with ECHOES on it, thus creating an audio file of just the delay. Then I will need to import that audio file back into the more complex mix as a new audio track, thus getting around not being able to instantiate ECHOES directly in the busier mix. Tedious, time-consuming and I am not looking forward to it.

3.) When it does open, I've gotten great results using automation to adjust the stereo and repeats knobs, as well as the delay time. These controls allow for lots of flexibility and great delay effects, and the ability to automate them opens up the doors for a lot of great musical ideas.

Unfortunately, this sort of behaviour is not unusual (in my painful experience) for Nomad Factory plugins! Once they are used in projects with more plugins from other developers they misbehave and crash. I have had these sorts of problems for years with lots of NF plugins - I have the Integral Studio Pack. I believe the coding is fragile. I have sadly had to stop using them in any professional projects as they are too unreliable/unstable.

Please do write to NF and tell them about your problems. The more people that do so, the more likely they will be to "fine-comb" the code and test their plugins more stringently in order to iron out these bugs that come into play when the plugz are used in conjunction with other devs products/used in more complex projects.

--------------------
Mac Pro 12-core 2.93GHz 64GB RAM
Logic 10.4.8 on OS 10.14.6
Spectrasonics•NI K.U•PSP•VSL•Softube•TT•Relab•Soundtoys•FabFilter•Waves etc
A&H Zedi 10 FX
Visit My Website

+Quote Post
bdhm
post Jan 31 2012, 06:39 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 9,716

QUOTE (kevaquarian @ Dec 26 2011, 07:48 PM) *
Unfortunately, this sort of behaviour is not unusual (in my painful experience) for Nomad Factory plugins! Once they are used in projects with more plugins from other developers they misbehave and crash. I have had these sorts of problems for years with lots of NF plugins - I have the Integral Studio Pack. I believe the coding is fragile. I have sadly had to stop using them in any professional projects as they are too unreliable/unstable.

I am sorry to say, but I have the same experiences with ECHOES: if I save a LOGIC-PRO session within ECHOES it often crashes. If I automate parameters of ECHOES I have often crashes ...
Without ECHOES but with a lot of other plugins my system is running steady.

hmm .. there is something wrong.

ps. I am using the latest ECHOES version.

greetings,
bd

set-up:
MacBook-Pro 2.7 Intel Gore i7.
13"
MACOSX- 10.6.8.
4GB RAM
-------------------------------------------
LOGIC-PRO 9.1.3. ,
Protools-LE 7.3. ,
PEAK PRO 6.2. ,
latest ABLETON LIVE,
latest MAX FOR LIVE ,
latest MAX/MSP,
TAPTOOLS-PRO 3.2. ,
FIREFACE UC RME ,

+Quote Post
bdhm
post Mar 10 2012, 07:18 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 9,716

hi°
looks like they have solved the problems with the latest update.

thanks!

bd

+Quote Post
MARIU5
post Sep 26 2013, 07:42 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 12,572

QUOTE (DontCrack @ Apr 27 2011, 01:20 AM) *
Dear friends,

Here's the place to post your feedback, testimonials, or what ever comment using Nomad Factory's ECHOES plugin.

Audio exemples are most welcome...

Here are a few cool ECHOES Videos :

Nomad Factory Echoes - Trailer
Nomad Factory Echoes - Guitar Demo
Nomad Factory Echoes - Vocal Demo
Nomad Factory Echoes - Drum Demo

Kind Regards - Peter

Has the same problem I reported in Echoflex when you want to do Ping Pong Delays or widen the stereo image a bit, one side gets louder than the other, it also forgets your settings when you switch models and you have to dial those again, other than that, I like it fine smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nick
post Nov 6 2013, 10:55 AM
Post #10

Staff

Group: Team
Member No.: 11,576

QUOTE (MARIU5 @ Sep 26 2013, 07:42 PM) *
Has the same problem I reported in Echoflex when you want to do Ping Pong Delays or widen the stereo image a bit, one side gets louder than the other, it also forgets your settings when you switch models and you have to dial those again, other than that, I like it fine smile.gif

Hello MARIU5,

I will get in touch with the developers and tell them for you.

Hopefully it will be as easy to fix as it was for the Echoflex.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:42 PM