IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Really Annoying Grm Ilok Problem. Q For Devs.
Synthesist
post Apr 24 2011, 06:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,656

Hi there:

as a lover of the original GRM versions I was really glad to see them all brought up to date and improved; as well as the new Evolution. I bought the set of all three suites and am very happy with the sound design possibilities. I've used them a lot in the last few weeks and am creating some wonderful sounds.

There is one big problem for me though:

EVERY time I open any of the GRM (standalones or VST) I get a message complaining there is no iLok present.
The choice is to insert an iLok with a valid license or click cancel to abort loading.
I must stress this happens every time, with any GRM plug, in any of 5 different hosts. (W7 32 bit)

What is even more annoying is that if I unplug my iLok and plug it straight back in the GRM will load fine, for the rest of that session. But its difficult to reach my iLok and very inconvenient to keep having to do this.

Heres some background info before asking me the obvious:
My DAW is very well specced and set up for audio (Core i7 940; 12 gB RAM; dual boot W7 64 & 32 bit; no unneccessary programs or services; no internet; power management all off/highest, all USB ports energy saving off).
No problems with anything else.
iLok is a new model, only bought recently. Latest drivers.
There are 10 other plugins licensed on my iLok which all load first time every time; this problem is only with the GRM plugs.

Would appreciate some help to sort this out.

Regards - Synthesist
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Synthesist
post Apr 27 2011, 02:10 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,656

Bump:

Anybody? Lots of views but no ideas.

Should I submit this direct to GRM?

Synthesist
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:40 AM