IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
How To Use Freeze To 'lag' A Phrase Or Fragment (smooth Transition)
wojo
post May 23 2020, 04:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,039

Hello,

I'm new to forum and new to GRM tools - I'm so impressed by their capability. I was using more conventional tools for composition and creating soundscapes but now I'm learning how to use GRM.

Here is my question on Freeze:

How can I create 'lagged' fragment/phrase of the recording using Freeze? I'd like a sound to play normally, encounter the lag (lets say last 0.05 sec of the word/sound), suspend and manipulate it for some time and continue with the recording/normal playback.

How do I implement such an 'interruption' using Freeze? Do I somehow use automation of MIX parameters or doble the track and apply the effect to only that tiny fragment or is there any other and better way to create smooth transition into that suspended fragment and than out of it?

Please let me know if my question is clear. I'm little bit lost in the concept of Freeze freezing the fragment but the track continuing to play.

thanks!

Wojo
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
grmtools
post May 25 2020, 11:27 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,521

Hi Wojo,

when you press Freeze and the mix parameter is at 100%, the track is "muted": you can only hear the effect.
If you want to do a smoother transition, you will have to write an automation of the mix parameter (and also the freeze button).

As you said, you can also duplicate the track, make your manipulations on this second track, and then make some edit.

You can watch this tutorial if you need further informations on Freeze (or any GRM Tools).

And if you have any issue using the GRM Tools, please contact us here: grmtools.support[at]ina.fr

Best regards,

Emmanuel

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:12 PM