Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cubase Studio 4, Dodgy gui
Zodiac Voodoo
post Apr 15 2013, 03:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,482

Hi Chaps, I'm using Cubase Studio 4 on an XP PC. I bought the VIP package and uninstalled the demo I had been running in favour of the latest build and I now find that when I open a plugin only the box outline appears with various bits of the gui building in gradually over a number of minutes. I had no trouble with the previous freebie.

I'm running some reg cleanups now to see if that helps...

Cheers,

Mike
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nick
post Apr 16 2013, 10:50 AM
Post #2

Staff

Group: Team
Member No.: 11,576

QUOTE (Zodiac Voodoo @ Apr 15 2013, 04:21 PM) *
Hi Chaps, I'm using Cubase Studio 4 on an XP PC. I bought the VIP package and uninstalled the demo I had been running in favour of the latest build and I now find that when I open a plugin only the box outline appears with various bits of the gui building in gradually over a number of minutes. I had no trouble with the previous freebie.

I'm running some reg cleanups now to see if that helps...

Cheers,

Mike

Hello Mike,

How are things going now?

Are you still having problems with the GUI being slow?

And if you solved it could you please tell me what made it work better, so I can compare it to the other support info we have.

Best regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
Zodiac Voodoo
post Apr 16 2013, 12:58 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ Apr 16 2013, 10:50 AM) *
Hello Mike,

How are things going now?

Are you still having problems with the GUI being slow?

And if you solved it could you please tell me what made it work better, so I can compare it to the other support info we have.

Best regards,

Nick

Hi Nick, it's bizarre but if I pick the box up with the mouse as if to re-position it and shake it about a bit, the graphic fills in but the interface won't work. The engine works fine as long as the default is all I need. I think it's a Cubase thing as I have Reaper running on the same machine and have no problem with P&M within that. I also have Cubasis 5 that I run for old projects that can't be opened in the newer version and that just completely shuts down half way through loading the plugin list...always when it reaches Digital Reverb.

Defragging, and reg cleaning has made no difference. Neither has uninstalling and removing all files manually. I'm going to have a go at reloading the VIP pack into it's own folder as opposed to Steinbergs VST folder and see if that helps.

In the meantime,as it is a four year old machine with no net link, is the C+++ all that is needed or does it need DX to be upgraded or java or anything like that? I think it's SP2.

Still your biggest fan, sure we'll work it out!

Mike

+Quote Post
Nick
post Apr 17 2013, 02:41 PM
Post #4

Staff

QUOTE (Zodiac Voodoo @ Apr 16 2013, 01:58 PM) *
Hi Nick, it's bizarre but if I pick the box up with the mouse as if to re-position it and shake it about a bit, the graphic fills in but the interface won't work. The engine works fine as long as the default is all I need. I think it's a Cubase thing as I have Reaper running on the same machine and have no problem with P&M within that. I also have Cubasis 5 that I run for old projects that can't be opened in the newer version and that just completely shuts down half way through loading the plugin list...always when it reaches Digital Reverb.

Defragging, and reg cleaning has made no difference. Neither has uninstalling and removing all files manually. I'm going to have a go at reloading the VIP pack into it's own folder as opposed to Steinbergs VST folder and see if that helps.

In the meantime,as it is a four year old machine with no net link, is the C+++ all that is needed or does it need DX to be upgraded or java or anything like that? I think it's SP2.

Still your biggest fan, sure we'll work it out!

Mike

Hello Mike,

We had a discussion with the developers last night about some of the problems people were having on older systems such Logic, Cubase, Final Cut Pro and ProTools.

From what we have seen it has to do with the ability of the applications that have older code bases to deal with the graphics of the plug-ins.

As the latest versions have graphics that had to be written correctly with the changes required for the newer OS out there such as Windows 7 and 8 as well as the Mac OS 10.7 and 10.8 they are sometimes exhibit weird behaviour.

That might explain why the older software is not dealing well with the P&Ms.

We are currently working on this to see what we can do to be backwards compatible.

Best Regards,

Nick

--------------------------------------------
DontCrac[k]
Nick Hamilton - Product Manager
nick@dontcrack.com
http://www.dontcrack.com
--------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
Zodiac Voodoo
post Apr 17 2013, 02:48 PM
Post #5

Hi again, I stripped it out again and re-installed to it's own folder which I then manually linked to Cubase Studio 4 and Reaper. The results are

Cubasis 5 no longer detects the package at all...which at least means that I can attempt to export my old projects into something else for re-mixing as it now opens ok. I see no way to link the new folder and it is not auto detecting. It's not your software and not your problem.

Reaper as always is fine.

Cubase Studio 4...where I had saved projects I experience the same nonsense. If I open a new project and load fx channels before I do anything else the plugin gui is fine....so I'm guessing it comes down to something that happens once a project is saved in Studio 4.

I have some ideas to jot down this evening.....I'll let you know later how it works out with saving and re-opening a new project.

All the best,

Mike

+Quote Post
Nick
post Apr 17 2013, 03:01 PM
Post #6

Staff

QUOTE (Zodiac Voodoo @ Apr 17 2013, 03:48 PM) *
Hi again, I stripped it out again and re-installed to it's own folder which I then manually linked to Cubase Studio 4 and Reaper. The results are

Cubasis 5 no longer detects the package at all...which at least means that I can attempt to export my old projects into something else for re-mixing as it now opens ok. I see no way to link the new folder and it is not auto detecting. It's not your software and not your problem.

Reaper as always is fine.

Cubase Studio 4...where I had saved projects I experience the same nonsense. If I open a new project and load fx channels before I do anything else the plugin gui is fine....so I'm guessing it comes down to something that happens once a project is saved in Studio 4.

I have some ideas to jot down this evening.....I'll let you know later how it works out with saving and re-opening a new project.

All the best,

Mike

Hello Mike,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'll be looking forward to hearing about the saving and re-opening a new project.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post
Zodiac Voodoo
post Apr 17 2013, 04:24 PM
Post #7

Cool, is it likely that an older build will work better for the time being then?

+Quote Post
Nick
post Apr 18 2013, 10:26 AM
Post #8

Staff

QUOTE (Zodiac Voodoo @ Apr 17 2013, 05:24 PM) *
Cool, is it likely that an older build will work better for the time being then?

Hello Zodiac Voodoo,

Funny that you ask that question as it is exactly what I asked the developers last night for your case.

As P&M even in its 1.0 version has the same graphics code base, the answer was they don't think it would change things.

That being said the fact that one can strip out the files, and erase them, trying an older version wouldn't present any mortal danger to anyone. But the "experts" think it wouldn't work. :-(

As there has been some issues with people using old versions of Logic, Cubase, ProTools and most of all the Final Cut Pro 6 - 7
we are working to see if we can build in some backwards compatibility, which is no easy task.

Best Regards,

Nick

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:26 PM