Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Protools Doesn't See The Plugins
svaughan1
post Sep 24 2011, 03:20 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,224

I am running ProTools 8.0.3 on a MusicXPC Shuttle. The operating system is Windows XP.
The Audio Interface is Digi002 rack. I am also using a Command 8 controller.
Also installed is an FXpansion VST to RTAS Adapter V2.11
I have downloaded the VIP bundle installer. I ran the installer choosing five plugins that I wanted to try.
Upon opening Protools for the first time after installing I received a message saying that the plugins needed authorization and could not be installed. I shut down ProTools and then restarted the computer, thinking that, as with much software, maybe it required a restart.
When I opened ProTools again there was no message - And no sign of the plugins! blink.gif

Can you help me here? I am really interested in trying these plugins! sad.gif

Steve

This post has been edited by svaughan1: Sep 24 2011, 03:30 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DontCrack
post Sep 24 2011, 05:12 AM
Post #2

DontCrack Staff

Group: Team
Member No.: 67

QUOTE (svaughan1 @ Sep 24 2011, 04:20 AM) *
I am running ProTools 8.0.3 on a MusicXPC Shuttle. The operating system is Windows XP.
I have downloaded the VIP bundle installer. I ran the installer choosing five plugins that I wanted to try.
Upon opening Protools for the first time after installing I received a message saying that the plugins needed authorization and could not be installed. I shut down ProTools and then restarted the computer, thinking that, as with much software, maybe it required a restart.
When I opened ProTools again there was no message - And no sign of the plugins! blink.gif

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your interest in DC V.I.P. Plugins.

First thing, I hope you have downloaded and installed the RTAS versions of our plug-ins to run on Pro Tools and not the VST through FXpansion rapper that can be very tricky...

2- I see you are running Pro Tools 8.0.3 for Windows XP. Perhaps should you consider the last version of ProTools that will run on XP which is 8.0.5 ?

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/selfservic...sp?DocId=393667

Please let me know if any of that helped.

Kind Regards - Peter

--------------------
Eric Nolot
CEO / President
www.DontCrack.com

+Quote Post
DCsupport
post Sep 24 2011, 12:04 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,196

QUOTE (svaughan1 @ Sep 24 2011, 04:20 AM) *

Steve

Hello Steve,

Please try this : (text from Digidesign DUC forum)

----
TRASHING PREFS

These steps can be useful when receiving random 'assertion' or 'neoaccess' errors (especially when recording or saving) or other problems when launching Pro Tools.

Delete DAE and Pro Tools preference files

1. Start Menu > My Computer > Local Disk(C:) or correct hard drive (click "show the contents of this drive" if the files aren't displayed) > Program Files > Common Files > Digidesign > DAE > Right-click on the DAE Prefs folder and delete.
2. Start Menu > My Computer > Local Disk(C:) > Documents and Settings > "Your user folder" > Application Data > Right-click on the Digidesign folder and delete. (If the Application Data folder is not showing: Tools Menu > Folder Options > View Tab > Select "Show Hidden Files and Folders" > Click Apply and OK.)
----

Please let me know if it is working,

Thank You.
Jonathan
DC Tech Support

--------------------
DontCrack
Customer Support Team

+Quote Post
svaughan1
post Sep 26 2011, 01:59 PM
Post #4

Hi Peter,
I downloaded the RTAS versions.
As you suggested I downloaded and installed ProTools 8.5. I then reinstalled a good number of my plugins as they were no longer in the Plugin list! I also reinstalled DC V.I.P. Plugins, but they are still not showing up.

Steve

QUOTE (DontCrack @ Sep 24 2011, 12:12 AM) *
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your interest in DC V.I.P. Plugins.

First thing, I hope you have downloaded and installed the RTAS versions of our plug-ins to run on Pro Tools and not the VST through FXpansion rapper that can be very tricky...

2- I see you are running Pro Tools 8.0.3 for Windows XP. Perhaps should you consider the last version of ProTools that will run on XP which is 8.0.5 ?

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/selfservic...sp?DocId=393667

Please let me know if any of that helped.

Kind Regards - Peter

+Quote Post
svaughan1
post Sep 26 2011, 02:05 PM
Post #5

Hi Jonathan,

I Trashed the prefs as you suggested and also downloaded and installed ProTools 8.5. as suggested by Peter. (Please see my reply to him.)
Still no DC V.I.P. Plugins.

Steve

QUOTE (DCsupport @ Sep 24 2011, 07:04 AM) *
Hello Steve,

Please try this : (text from Digidesign DUC forum)

----
TRASHING PREFS

These steps can be useful when receiving random 'assertion' or 'neoaccess' errors (especially when recording or saving) or other problems when launching Pro Tools.

Delete DAE and Pro Tools preference files

1. Start Menu > My Computer > Local Disk(C:) or correct hard drive (click "show the contents of this drive" if the files aren't displayed) > Program Files > Common Files > Digidesign > DAE > Right-click on the DAE Prefs folder and delete.
2. Start Menu > My Computer > Local Disk(C:) > Documents and Settings > "Your user folder" > Application Data > Right-click on the Digidesign folder and delete. (If the Application Data folder is not showing: Tools Menu > Folder Options > View Tab > Select "Show Hidden Files and Folders" > Click Apply and OK.)
----

Please let me know if it is working,

Thank You.
Jonathan
DC Tech Support

+Quote Post
DontCrack
post Oct 3 2011, 09:57 AM
Post #6

DontCrack Staff

Member No.: 67

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the delay replying to this one... Just crazy these days :-/

Did the 1.1.1 version do the trick. I believe it should...

Please let us know.

Thanks - Peter

--------------------
Eric Nolot
CEO / President
www.DontCrack.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:26 AM