Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New User
Plugivery Forums > General > Open Bar
mixmama
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and have a question.

I'm a Pro Tools LE 7.3 user with a Mac G5 PPC and want to download some of the Mac freeware I see on this website.

I know that when I see "RTAS", I choose that version......but I don't know what to choose when I see:
AU or
VST
DontCrack
QUOTE (mixmama @ Apr 29 2007, 11:46 PM) *
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and have a question.

I'm a Pro Tools LE 7.3 user with a Mac G5 PPC and want to download some of the Mac freeware I see on this website.

I know that when I see "RTAS", I choose that version......but I don't know what to choose when I see:
AU or
VST

Hi there,

Sorry for the late reply.

The plugin formats depend on the host application you are using. ProTools uses their propriatary format RTAS while Apple Logic will run AU plugins. Steinberg Cubase and many other host applications such as Performer will use the VST format plugins.

In other words, simply use the plugin formats that are used by your host applications. Also please note that many plugin manufacturers make their plugins multi format (AU, VST, RTAS) which means that they can be used on different host applications...

Hope this helps - Eric
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.