Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Version Download Failing
Plugivery Forums > Official Manufacturers Forums > GRM Tools
Neon Breath
Hi

I've tried many times to download the Complete bundle collection of the new version (3.4 OSX) and it keeps failing at some point during the download, saying 'decompression failed' every time. What is this? Anyone having this? And more importantly, how can I solve this and download the last version?

Thanks.
@ndy
Which OS are you running? I had no problems with the download in 10.7.5 Lion. I have installed the Complete Bundle and have tested a couple of the new AAX plugins. So far so good.
DontCrack
QUOTE (Neon Breath @ Mar 22 2013, 05:06 AM) *
Hi

I've tried many times to download the Complete bundle collection of the new version (3.4 OSX) and it keeps failing at some point during the download, saying 'decompression failed' every time. What is this? Anyone having this? And more importantly, how can I solve this and download the last version?

Thanks.

Hi,

I think the ina/GRM servers might have been busy. Try again from this link :
http://www.inagrm.com/grm-tools-download

Hope this helps.

BR - Peter
Neon Breath
QUOTE (DontCrack @ Mar 22 2013, 08:03 AM) *
Hi,

I think the ina/GRM servers might have been busy. Try again from this link :
http://www.inagrm.com/grm-tools-download

Hope this helps.

BR - Peter

It worked! Thanks.
polimorfos
Same problem here! Super slow <35KB/Sec and always results in an incomplete download.

I've been trying over and over and I have a fast internet connection...
Neon Breath
QUOTE (polimorfos @ Mar 24 2013, 12:24 PM) *
Same problem here! Super slow <35KB/Sec and always results in an incomplete download.

I've been trying over and over and I have a fast internet connection...

Win or OSX?

I am on OSX and here what I did:
I've Reset Safari... (under Safari menu) and also in the Safari preferences I unchecked the 'Open safe files after downloading' and downloaded the GRM file into my desktop. All I had to do after that is unzip the GRM file manually. It worked.

polimorfos
Neon Breath - The problem is that I can not download the file completely. It always stops before completion.
And @ 32 KB/Sec it will take more than 3 hours... sad.gif
Neon Breath
QUOTE (polimorfos @ Mar 24 2013, 12:37 PM) *
Neon Breath - The problem is that I can not download the file completely. It always stops before completion.
And @ 32 KB/Sec it will take more than 3 hours... sad.gif

Ok, I see sad.gif

Maybe GRM or DontCrack will have a solution for you, hopefully.
DontCrack
QUOTE (Neon Breath @ Mar 24 2013, 06:46 PM) *
Ok, I see sad.gif

Maybe GRM or DontCrack will have a solution for you, hopefully.

Hello Neon Breath,

There was a lot of traffic on the GRM server when the latest version was announced and everybody started downloading.

I hope you tried again later and it worked out for you.

We haven't had any reports of failures over the past weeks.

Best Regards,

Peter
Cheakypawl
QUOTE (DontCrack @ Apr 10 2013, 11:20 AM) *
Hello Neon Breath,

There was a lot of traffic on the GRM server when the latest version was announced and everybody started downloading.

I hope you tried again later and it worked out for you.

We haven't had any reports of failures over the past weeks.

Best Regards,

Peter

today the update has changed from 3.4 to 3.5, but it still fails everytime. everytime. everytime. bit like the buggy software that it is... i have a love/hate thing going on here, do you feel it? good!
Neon Breath
QUOTE (cheekypaul @ Jul 19 2013, 10:05 AM) *
today the update has changed from 3.4 to 3.5, but it still fails everytime. everytime. everytime. bit like the buggy software that it is... i have a love/hate thing going on here, do you feel it? good!

Same here. I'm unable to unarchive the complete collection file, fails every time. And I downloaded it 4 or 5 times, fail each time. I gave up, f* it.

Cheakypawl
QUOTE (Neon Breath @ Jul 20 2013, 01:51 AM) *
Same here. I'm unable to unarchive the complete collection file, fails every time. And I downloaded it 4 or 5 times, fail each time. I gave up, f* it.

it still fails. luckily a new friend helped me out.
i can only sympathise and tell you to try and try again.

i wonder how long before the cpu spikes star... aah, there's one now.
Neon Breath
QUOTE (cheekypaul @ Jul 21 2013, 10:43 AM) *
it still fails. luckily a new friend helped me out.
i can only sympathise and tell you to try and try again.

i wonder how long before the cpu spikes star... aah, there's one now.

Meh I don't really care anymore to tell you the truth, the version I have installed now works fine anyway. And I have other things to do than trying to download for an entire day lol
zoundsabar
I too have been almost completely unsuccessful now for several weeks of intermittent trying to download the GRM Tools either as the Complete download or as the three individual packages, both from dontcrack and from inagrm. Only the Evolution and ST packages have successfully un-zipped. I downloaded a 3rd party un-zipper which also can't deal with the other files. So I am stuck without v3.5 of GRM Tools Classic.

Apple's Archive Utility reports:
Unable to expand "GRM_Tools_Classic_Mac.mpkg.zip" into "Downloads".
(Error 2 - No such file or directory.)

And Zipeg reports:
failed to open archive
"GRM_Tools_Classic_Mac.mpkg.zip"
the file is corrupted or file format is unsupported

They also won't expand to a different directory.

I think the Complete and Classic files we are trying to download are pretty likely to be flawed in some way. Any chance someone could try to update them with known reliable files?

I am able to expand the Classic Demo zip. Is that the same as the full install? I guess it isn't since it is a separate download.

Any advice?

Doug Murray
Neon Breath
GRM/Don'tCrack, what's up with that? Any idea? I get these errors only with you guys, I never get these errors with other files of any kind.
Cheakypawl
try downloading the smallest zip, just one.
don't download/click on them all at once.
make sure nothing else is using the net.

if at all possible, try using a downloader that will allow you to continue downloads that stop halfway.

it really is frustrating. and a very real problem.
btw, i was in england when mine failed over and over, when i changed countries, it worked fine.
Nick
QUOTE (zoundsabar @ Jul 30 2013, 01:13 AM) *
I too have been almost completely unsuccessful now for several weeks of intermittent trying to download the GRM Tools either as the Complete download or as the three individual packages, both from dontcrack and from inagrm. Only the Evolution and ST packages have successfully un-zipped. I downloaded a 3rd party un-zipper which also can't deal with the other files. So I am stuck without v3.5 of GRM Tools Classic.

Apple's Archive Utility reports:
Unable to expand "GRM_Tools_Classic_Mac.mpkg.zip" into "Downloads".
(Error 2 - No such file or directory.)

And Zipeg reports:
failed to open archive
"GRM_Tools_Classic_Mac.mpkg.zip"
the file is corrupted or file format is unsupported

They also won't expand to a different directory.

I think the Complete and Classic files we are trying to download are pretty likely to be flawed in some way. Any chance someone could try to update them with known reliable files?

I am able to expand the Classic Demo zip. Is that the same as the full install? I guess it isn't since it is a separate download.

Any advice?

Doug Murray

Hello Doug,

I saw on the GRM site that they were having problems with their server.

"Currently, our server is having problems and the download may stop before completed.
Please try again. Eventually, it works
We apologize for the inconvenience
par GRM Tools Support 28 juillet, 2013 - 18:04"

I will send them a mail to notify them that it is still happening.

Best Regards,

Nick
oofishoo
I too have been almost completely unsuccessful let's focus on several weeks associated with intermittent trying to download the actual GRM Resources either as the Total obtain or even because the 3 person deals, both through dontcrack as well as from inagrm. Just the Development and Street packages have effectively un-zipped. We down loaded a third party un-zipper which also can't cope with another documents. And so i am caught with out v3.5 associated with GRM Tools Traditional.
QUOTE (oofishoo @ Nov 7 2013, 08:44 AM) *
I too have been almost completely unsuccessful let's focus on several weeks associated with intermittent trying to download the actual GRM Resources either as the Total obtain or even because the 3 person deals, both through dontcrack as well as from inagrm. Just the Development and Street packages have effectively un-zipped. We down loaded a third party un-zipper which also can't cope with another documents. And so i am caught with out v3.5 associated with GRM Tools Traditional.

Hello oofishoo,

I'm a bit confused if you want the products or the Development packages.

They are very different.

Best Regards,

Nick
Nick
QUOTE (warinwarin @ Oct 12 2014, 09:42 AM) *
sorry but i have no idea about that

Hello warinwarin,

Your comment doesn't make any sense.

Best Regards,

Nick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.