Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: P&m Digital Reverb Problem
Plugivery Forums > Official Manufacturers Forums > Plug & Mix
firepile
The decay time is always reset (to 12 o'clock) whenever the project is reopened.

P&M Version 3.0.2.
Studio One v2.5 64-bit
Win 8 64-bit

Nick
QUOTE (firepile @ Apr 13 2013, 10:17 PM) *
The decay time is always reset (to 12 o'clock) whenever the project is reopened.

P&M Version 3.0.2.
Studio One v2.5 64-bit
Win 8 64-bit

Hello firepile,

Sounds like the plug-in is going back to its initial state and not saving the user or session settings as the Studio One closes.

We have had reports of this happening with Studio One and some of our developer friends who work with other software plug-ins sat they are having the same sort of problems with other plug-ins.

There are a lot of variable in this setup and maybe a new release from Studio One might cure it.

We could go through a lot of different trouble-shooting ideas but we might spend a lot of time going around a problem that we do not have the ability to solve ourselves.

Best Regards,

Nick
firepile
QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ Apr 16 2013, 12:03 PM) *
Hello firepile,
/
Sounds like the plug-in is going back to its initial state and not saving the user or session settings as the Studio One closes.

This problem only affects Decay Time. All other settings are saved/restored.

We have had reports of this happening with Studio One and some of our developer friends who work with other software plug-ins sat they are having the same sort of problems with other plug-ins.

There are a lot of variable in this setup and maybe a new release from Studio One might cure it.

We could go through a lot of different trouble-shooting ideas but we might spend a lot of time going around a problem that we do not have the ability to solve ourselves.

This is not a Studio One problem, I have just tested with FL Studio and the same thing happens.
Nick
QUOTE (firepile @ Apr 16 2013, 05:57 PM) *
This problem only affects Decay Time. All other settings are saved/restored.

This is not a Studio One problem, I have just tested with FL Studio and the same thing happens.

Hello firepile,

Do you have another P&M plug-in to try?

Just want to see if the parameters re-set in the same way with another plug-in from the set.

If we can narrow it down just to the Digital Reverb it would be of help to us.

Best Regards,

Nick
firepile
QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ Apr 17 2013, 03:36 PM) *
Hello firepile,

Do you have another P&M plug-in to try?

Yes, have the whole bundle. Have not noticed any problems with the other plugs.
Nick
QUOTE (firepile @ Apr 17 2013, 04:08 PM) *
Yes, have the whole bundle. Have not noticed any problems with the other plugs.

Hello firepile,

Could you please load the Digital Reverb and take a look at the top left corner and see if says "demo".

Could be that it didn't authorise properly and it will keep resetting like a P&M in "demo" mode.

Which would explain it always coming back at the "initial" state instead of remembering the settings;

Best Regards,

Nick

firepile
QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ Apr 18 2013, 11:04 AM) *
Hello firepile,

Could you please load the Digital Reverb and take a look at the top left corner and see if says "demo".

Could be that it didn't authorise properly and it will keep resetting like a P&M in "demo" mode.

No, it does not say "demo".

Before closing project: http://oi49.tinypic.com/ou08ef.jpg

After opening project: http://oi49.tinypic.com/21bkn6d.jpg

As you can see, only "Decay Time" is affected.
Nick
QUOTE (firepile @ Apr 18 2013, 05:25 PM) *
No, it does not say "demo".

Before closing project: http://oi49.tinypic.com/ou08ef.jpg

After opening project: http://oi49.tinypic.com/21bkn6d.jpg

As you can see, only "Decay Time" is affected.

Hello firepile,

Thanks for sending the image, I took a look and yes it is very clear that it is only the Decay Time that is resetting itself back to its initial state.

There is definitely something about Studio One and the Digital Reverb that is not communicating correctly about saving and reloading that parameter. Strange that only one parameter on one plug-in is not behaving.

With other DAWs trashing the preferences associated with the presets/user settings can help things out when plug-ins don't load their settings correctly as they can get corrupted and the info doesn't get rewritten or updated.

I personally don't have enough the experience with Studio One to be able to guide you on how to do this.

Other thing, just by chance do you have another DAW available to see how the Digital Reverb behaves in another software,
These days a lot of people have several in their studio, I have the P&Ms running on a ProTools myself and the Digital Reverb behaves itself correctly.

Best Regards,

Nick
firepile
QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ Apr 19 2013, 01:08 PM) *
Hello firepile,

Thanks for sending the image, I took a look and yes it is very clear that it is only the Decay Time that is resetting itself back to its initial state.

There is definitely something about Studio One and the Digital Reverb that is not communicating correctly about saving and reloading that parameter. Strange that only one parameter on one plug-in is not behaving.

With other DAWs trashing the preferences associated with the presets/user settings can help things out when plug-ins don't load their settings correctly as they can get corrupted and the info doesn't get rewritten or updated.

I personally don't have enough the experience with Studio One to be able to guide you on how to do this.

Other thing, just by chance do you have another DAW available to see how the Digital Reverb behaves in another software,

Yes, I have tested with both FL Studio and Reaper, and the same thing happens with both. So this is definitely NOT a Studio One problem...
Nick
QUOTE (firepile @ Apr 19 2013, 03:13 PM) *
Yes, I have tested with both FL Studio and Reaper, and the same thing happens with both. So this is definitely NOT a Studio One problem...

Hello firepile,

Thanks again for getting back to us.

I will report this to the developers and see what they think.

Thanks for all your input and taking the time to respond to all my my questions, it all helps us to narrow things down and get to the real heart of the problem.

Best Regards,

Nick
Alex-G
Hello!

I have the same problem.

P&M Digital Reverb v3.0.2
Cubase 6.5 (64 Bit)
Windows 7 SP1 (64 Bit)

I hope you fix it.

Thank you!
Nick
QUOTE (Alex-G @ Apr 28 2013, 03:23 PM) *
Hello!

I have the same problem.

P&M Digital Reverb v3.0.2
Cubase 6.5 (64 Bit)
Windows 7 SP1 (64 Bit)

I hope you fix it.

Thank you!

Hello Alex-G,

This bug was reported in time for the developers to get it into the 3.03 release which should out very very soon.

Thanks to all of you in helping us see this one.

Best Regards,

Nick
daro
QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ Apr 29 2013, 05:40 AM) *
Hello Alex-G,

This bug was reported in time for the developers to get it into the 3.03 release which should out very very soon.

Thanks to all of you in helping us see this one.

Best Regards,

Nick

I've installed Version 3.0.3 but the Digital Reverb is crashing Pro Tools MP 9.0.5. It seems to only be a problem with the RTAS version. Help!
Nick
QUOTE (daro @ May 13 2013, 06:36 AM) *
I've installed Version 3.0.3 but the Digital Reverb is crashing Pro Tools MP 9.0.5. It seems to only be a problem with the RTAS version. Help!

Hello daro,

Could you please tell me more, is it when you choose the Digital Reverb as an insert? Is it as soon as the Digital Reverb is selected, or is it when you hit play again?

What version of the Mac OS are you using?

Best Regards,

Nick
daro
QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ May 13 2013, 09:14 AM) *
Hello daro,

Could you please tell me more, is it when you choose the Digital Reverb as an insert? Is it as soon as the Digital Reverb is selected, or is it when you hit play again?

What version of the Mac OS are you using?

Best Regards,

Nick

Hi Nick!

I'm on Windows 7. Yes...it crashes Pro Tools MP9 when selecting the Digital Reverb as an insert effect. The other components are fine. For some reason, it only happens with the Digital Reverb.
Nick
QUOTE (daro @ May 13 2013, 04:25 PM) *
Hi Nick!

I'm on Windows 7. Yes...it crashes Pro Tools MP9 when selecting the Digital Reverb as an insert effect. The other components are fine. For some reason, it only happens with the Digital Reverb.

If you create a new session and one new track in that session, then insert the Digital Reverb, does that session crash?

Best Regards,

Nick
daro
QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ May 13 2013, 11:09 AM) *
If you create a new session and one new track in that session, then insert the Digital Reverb, does that session crash?

Best Regards,

Nick

Yes. It still crashes.
daro
QUOTE (daro @ May 13 2013, 12:11 PM) *
Yes. It still crashes.

It also doesn't matter whether it's a stereo or mono insert. It crashes either way.
Nick
QUOTE (daro @ May 13 2013, 11:35 PM) *
It also doesn't matter whether it's a stereo or mono insert. It crashes either way.

Hello daro,

Maybe you have already done this but it could be that the preferences have got corrupted and should be trashed.

It happens quite often that the ProTools preferences and before in earlier versions the DAE preferences needed to be reset to get ProTools back on the rails.

Always worth a try.

Best Regards,

Nick
daro
QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ May 15 2013, 05:23 AM) *
Hello daro,

Maybe you have already done this but it could be that the preferences have got corrupted and should be trashed.

It happens quite often that the ProTools preferences and before in earlier versions the DAE preferences needed to be reset to get ProTools back on the rails.

Always worth a try.

Best Regards,

Nick

Tried that. No difference. Digital Reverb still crashes Pro Tools MP9.
Nick
QUOTE (daro @ May 16 2013, 04:19 AM) *
Tried that. No difference. Digital Reverb still crashes Pro Tools MP9.

Hello daro,

You have already done this as well but it could be an idea to reinstall the P&M plug-ins, seeing as you have reset ProTools.

Best Regards,

Nick
daro
QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ May 16 2013, 08:19 AM) *
Hello daro,

You have already done this as well but it could be an idea to reinstall the P&M plug-ins, seeing as you have reset ProTools.

Best Regards,

Nick

Nick,

I trashed the prefs yet again and re-installed P&M 3.0.3 but the Digital Reverb is still crashing Pro Tools MP9.

Thanks
Nick
QUOTE (daro @ May 17 2013, 06:03 AM) *
Nick,

I trashed the prefs yet again and re-installed P&M 3.0.3 but the Digital Reverb is still crashing Pro Tools MP9.

Thanks

Hello daro,

Well we have done everything that would be preventative, reinstalling, trashing prefs, etc.

I have forwarded your case to our developers to see if they can duplicate your problem with the Digital Reverb and find a solution for it crashing ProTools MP9.

Best Regards,

Nick
daro
QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ May 17 2013, 04:11 AM) *
Hello daro,

Well we have done everything that would be preventative, reinstalling, trashing prefs, etc.

I have forwarded your case to our developers to see if they can duplicate your problem with the Digital Reverb and find a solution for it crashing ProTools MP9.

Best Regards,

Nick

Thanks! Hope they can get it figured out soon.
daro
Anything on this?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.