Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Version 4 Upgrade (x64) Not Working
Plugivery Forums > Official Manufacturers Forums > Nomad Factory
soulone82
After upgrading my Nomad Factory plug-ins to version 4.0 (x64), both DAWs (REAPER x64 & Studio One x64) canīt seem to find the plug-ins.

The strange thing is, all of the Nomad Factory plug-in .dll files are in the appropriate folder on my harddrive. All licenses are stored in the my documents folder (win 7). But I canīt get REAPER or Studio One to see the plug-ins in the fx browsers.
I have cleared the plug-in cache, re-scanned my plug-ins several times and i have even deleted the file reaper-vstplugins64.ini.

Still no luck.

Can anyone confirm this?

orlandoX
I can confirm this :-(

Just installed my Integral Studio Pack V4 (Win7 64bit) and Reaper doesn't recognize it.
Nick
QUOTE (orlandoX @ Aug 3 2013, 04:41 PM) *
I can confirm this :-(

Just installed my Integral Studio Pack V4 (Win7 64bit) and Reaper doesn't recognize it.

Hello orlandoX,

I have sent a note to Nomad Factory to see what they think.

Should have an answer soon.

Best Regards,

Nick
soulone82
QUOTE (soulone82 @ Jul 21 2013, 09:08 PM) *
After upgrading my Nomad Factory plug-ins to version 4.0 (x64), both DAWs (REAPER x64 & Studio One x64) canīt seem to find the plug-ins.

The strange thing is, all of the Nomad Factory plug-in .dll files are in the appropriate folder on my harddrive. All licenses are stored in the my documents folder (win 7). But I canīt get REAPER or Studio One to see the plug-ins in the fx browsers.
I have cleared the plug-in cache, re-scanned my plug-ins several times and i have even deleted the file reaper-vstplugins64.ini.

Still no luck.

Can anyone confirm this?

just a heads-up that nomad factory wasnīt able to reproduce the problem i am having. so unfortunately i can not use the latest update for the 9 products i own.

guess itīs time to say goodbye to nomad factory...
rofman
QUOTE (soulone82 @ Aug 22 2013, 07:48 PM) *
just a heads-up that nomad factory wasnīt able to reproduce the problem i am having. so unfortunately i can not use the latest update for the 9 products i own.

guess itīs time to say goodbye to nomad factory...

Hello,

I ran into the same problem (W7 pro 64). After upgrading to v4 plugins are no longer seen as valid in any DAW. Replacing them for the v3 plugins again and these work fine. I have no idea what causes this problem with the v4 plugins but seems system . I thik that at Nomad they also dont know what cause this strange behavior.
sad.gif
neilwilkes
QUOTE (rofman @ Sep 1 2013, 02:14 PM) *
Hello,

I ran into the same problem (W7 pro 64). After upgrading to v4 plugins are no longer seen as valid in any DAW. Replacing them for the v3 plugins again and these work fine. I have no idea what causes this problem with the v4 plugins but seems system . I thik that at Nomad they also dont know what cause this strange behavior.
sad.gif

I've not tried this update as yet (will give it a go) so need to ask a couple of things:
1 - What plugs are missing?
2 - Did they get name changes?
3 - Has the DAW plugin scan files been cleared/deleted? (In Cubendo, this lives in C:/Users/<username>/AppData/roaming/Steinberg/<Cubendo>/ and the file names are "vstpluginfo.xml" (or vstpluginfo2.xml) and also "vst2xpluginsNuendo.xml" (or cubase) and maybe also the blacklist.
The purpose here is to force a full rescan, which often helps out - especially when a name has changed, or similar.
The downside is that all VST2 paths will be lost, and will have to get re-added in the relevant place.

Worth a try.....
radio12
Hi,
it might have something to do with the c++ runtime libraries, i bought Magnetic, echoes and cosmos yesterday and they did not work in Reaper 64, after updating with the All in One Runtimes, (a collection of libraries) they showed up. I guess its because the 64 Versions only instal the 64 Versions of the runtime libraries.
endlessblue
Same exact problem here with the 32-bit versions of the plug-ins and REAPER. v3 works great, v4 doesn't. I'll give the All-in-one-Runtimes a whirl and report back.

One other note, MAGMA works fine. It's just all the other plugs.
endlessblue
Okay, that did the trick. I think the installer is missing a redistrib. I used the All-in-One-Runtime installer and installed:

.NET Framework 3.5
.NET Framework 4.0
Visual C++ Runtimes 2001-2013
Microsoft DirectX 9c runtimes

Worked like a champ on next run of REAPER, all plugins detected.
rofman
QUOTE (endlessblue @ Dec 6 2013, 01:08 AM) *
Okay, that did the trick. I think the installer is missing a redistrib. I used the All-in-One-Runtime installer and installed:

.NET Framework 3.5
.NET Framework 4.0
Visual C++ Runtimes 2001-2013
Microsoft DirectX 9c runtimes

Worked like a champ on next run of REAPER, all plugins detected.

What is the OS you are using?
My DAW has W7 ultimate x64. As far as I know .NET Framework 3.5 is part of W7 OS. I recently updated .NET Framework 4.0
to 4.5.1. I have all Visual C++ Runtimes installed and I think it runs Microsoft DirectX 11.
The v4 plugins are not recognized as valid plugins, so the question is what is missing on my system?

Rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.