Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pt 10.3.6 Problem
Plugivery Forums > Official Manufacturers Forums > Plug & Mix
headlow
Hello all. I was working on a mix today. Every time I inserted a P&M plugin on a track I would get constant CPU errors. However when opened in PT11 everything was fine!
Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a workaround?

Many thanks

Justin
headlow
QUOTE (headlow @ Jul 29 2013, 10:27 PM) *
Hello all. I was working on a mix today. Every time I inserted a P&M plugin on a track I would get constant CPU errors. However when opened in PT11 everything was fine!
Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a workaround?

Many thanks

Justin

Upon further investigation I've found that this is only an issue on my iMac. On my Macbook Pro I don't experience any problems at all. Could someone from P&M please help? I'm quite fond of your plugins lol
Nick
QUOTE (headlow @ Jul 30 2013, 03:59 PM) *
Upon further investigation I've found that this is only an issue on my iMac. On my Macbook Pro I don't experience any problems at all. Could someone from P&M please help? I'm quite fond of your plugins lol

Hello headlow,

Are you running different versions of ProTools on the two machines?

Version 3.03r1 is uniquely for ProTools 11.

Best Regards,

Nick
headlow
QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ Aug 7 2013, 04:14 PM) *
Hello headlow,

Are you running different versions of ProTools on the two machines?

Version 3.03r1 is uniquely for ProTools 11.

Best Regards,

Nick

Ah, so I should be using v3.03 with PT 10?

I have both 10 and 11 on both the computers I use for work. I do use 11, but as the wait for plugins continue most of my work is done in PT10.
Nick
QUOTE (headlow @ Sep 3 2013, 10:28 PM) *
Ah, so I should be using v3.03 with PT 10?

I have both 10 and 11 on both the computers I use for work. I do use 11, but as the wait for plugins continue most of my work is done in PT10.

Hello headlow,

All this ProTools 10 and 11 stuff is a bit complicated.

As you know, when one installs PT11, it should also install the 10.3.6 or 10.3.7.

Why?

With 10.3.7 it gives backwards compatibility for those plug-ins that aren't AAX Native, as it accepts the RTAS format.

ProTools 11 doesn't allow RTAS, only AAX Native and AAX DSP.

As Plug & Mix version is AAX Native it runs perfectly with ProTools 11.

ProTools 10.3.7 should run the AAX Native versions as well, but it could also run the RTAS version which is 3.03.

I would suggest reinstalling the 3.03r1 on the machine running the 10.3.7 again, something is a bit strange.

Tell me what happens.

Some people are running Nomad Factory's Magma to "chain" the VST version of plug-ins that aren't AAX yet with a lot of success in PT11.

See here:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=341565&page=5

Best Regards,

Nick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.