Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: P And M Rotator Speed Control
Plugivery Forums > Official Manufacturers Forums > Plug & Mix
richb
Hi there - how do I automate the slow/fast control in Pro Tools HD 10? I don't see it in the automation parameter list.

Thanks!
rich
Nick
QUOTE (richb @ Sep 19 2013, 01:16 AM) *
Hi there - how do I automate the slow/fast control in Pro Tools HD 10? I don't see it in the automation parameter list.

Thanks!
rich

Hello richb,

The slow/fast control is an overall setting that isn't in the list of automation- based controls. It basically sets up all the parameters of the controls below it like bass, treble, acceleration, spread etc which can be automated.

The designers felt that there should be two choices that would enlarge the functionality and possibilities of the Leslie effect, enabling people to get very slow leslie effects in the Slow mode and very fast tremolo ones on the fast settings with the two different "families" of the same effect.

In most cases people usually settle on one or the other as the effect is very different in the two cases. That being said, the "acceleration" parameter which can be automated gives you access to a "fast" effect that gets you close to the "fast" range.

Hope this helps.

Nick
richb
OK, thanks for the reply Nick - good to know I'm not overlooking something. Seriously though, the designers might want to rethink this; the slow/fast toggle is the the single MOST important parameter to ride in a leslie effect (which is probably why it's the largest element in the GUI), and probably the only one that you'd really want to automate. Without the ability to automatically toggle it it's much less useful in a mix.

I guess I wasted my money on that one....

best,
rich breen
Nick
QUOTE (richb @ Sep 19 2013, 08:02 PM) *
OK, thanks for the reply Nick - good to know I'm not overlooking something. Seriously though, the designers might want to rethink this; the slow/fast toggle is the the single MOST important parameter to ride in a leslie effect (which is probably why it's the largest element in the GUI), and probably the only one that you'd really want to automate. Without the ability to automatically toggle it it's much less useful in a mix.

I guess I wasted my money on that one....

best,
rich breen

Hi Rich,

Have you tried automating the accelerator, I used it myself on Hammond samples and it seems pretty flexible, speed-wise.

I use the "fast setting" on guitars sometimes as I find it too fast on the organs.

But I guess it is all down to personal taste.

All the best,

Nick
richb
QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ Sep 20 2013, 02:34 AM) *
Have you tried automating the accelerator, I used it myself on Hammond samples and it seems pretty flexible, speed-wise.

Thanks Nick - Acceleration controls how quickly the 'motor' accelerates from slow to fast when toggled, not the speed itself, BUT - it turns out the Slow/Fast *is* in the automation parameters; it's mis-spelled as "Spead" which looked like a mis-spelling of "Spread" to me, but it's the "speed" parameter, and works to toggle the "Slow/Fast" control. You might want to mention the mis-spelling to the developer.

best,
rich
Nick
QUOTE (richb @ Sep 20 2013, 07:25 PM) *
Thanks Nick - Acceleration controls how quickly the 'motor' accelerates from slow to fast when toggled, not the speed itself, BUT - it turns out the Slow/Fast *is* in the automation parameters; it's mis-spelled as "Spead" which looked like a mis-spelling of "Spread" to me, but it's the "speed" parameter, and works to toggle the "Slow/Fast" control. You might want to mention the mis-spelling to the developer.

best,
rich

Hello richb,

You are right, I checked it.

Too bad we didn't see the mis-spelling of "spread"!

Funny that I have looked at it many times and not noticed, oooops.

I will pass it along and buy a dictionary for the team ;-)

All the best,

Nick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.