Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clicks With Pitchaccum Under Os 10.8
Plugivery Forums > Official Manufacturers Forums > GRM Tools
RainerB
Hello,

I am using the "GRM Classic" VST plug-ins within a Max6 live electronics environment, and a I am controlling the parameters of each plug-in in various ways. To set a parameter of a VST plug-in within Max/MSP to a certain value, a list must be sent to its left inlet, consisting of an integer as the first element, indicating the parameter number, followed by a float number indicating the value to which this parameter is intended to be set.

In my live electronics environment, I can set all parameters of each VST plug-in to certain values, depending on program numbers of my environment. To create interpolations between various presets within a certain time interval, I use the "line" object which allows a change of each parameter from one value to another one within a specified time interval.

Everything has been working fine so far until I bought a new Mac Powerbook. There hasn't been any problem on my old 2.7 GHz Powerbook, Mac OS 10.6.8. Now I've got a 2.9 GHz Powerbook with Mac OS 10.8.5, and I was surprised that the "GRM PitchAccum Stereo" plug-in produced clicks when some of its parameters were changed, which didn't happen on my old Powerbook. These clicks turned out to be really nasty, especially since I sent the output of this module through reverb.

Strangely these clicks don't happen when I move the sliders within the PitchAccum window; it only happens when I sent parameter values as a list to the left inlet of the plug-in. And I haven't noticed any problems with the other GRM plug-ins so far. Is it possible that there is a problem particularly with the "GRM PitchAccum Stereo" plug-in running under Mac OS 10.8? Or what could be the reason?
Nick
QUOTE (RainerB @ Oct 22 2013, 09:10 AM) *
Hello,

I am using the "GRM Classic" VST plug-ins within a Max6 live electronics environment, and a I am controlling the parameters of each plug-in in various ways. To set a parameter of a VST plug-in within Max/MSP to a certain value, a list must be sent to its left inlet, consisting of an integer as the first element, indicating the parameter number, followed by a float number indicating the value to which this parameter is intended to be set.

In my live electronics environment, I can set all parameters of each VST plug-in to certain values, depending on program numbers of my environment. To create interpolations between various presets within a certain time interval, I use the "line" object which allows a change of each parameter from one value to another one within a specified time interval.

Everything has been working fine so far until I bought a new Mac Powerbook. There hasn't been any problem on my old 2.7 GHz Powerbook, Mac OS 10.6.8. Now I've got a 2.9 GHz Powerbook with Mac OS 10.8.5, and I was surprised that the "GRM PitchAccum Stereo" plug-in produced clicks when some of its parameters were changed, which didn't happen on my old Powerbook. These clicks turned out to be really nasty, especially since I sent the output of this module through reverb.

Strangely these clicks don't happen when I move the sliders within the PitchAccum window; it only happens when I sent parameter values as a list to the left inlet of the plug-in. And I haven't noticed any problems with the other GRM plug-ins so far. Is it possible that there is a problem particularly with the "GRM PitchAccum Stereo" plug-in running under Mac OS 10.8? Or what could be the reason?

hello RainerB,

There are some differences in how the Mac OS has been built between Mac OS 10.6.8. and Mac OS 10.8.5 they have to do with the graphical part of the OS and it has caused some problems for quite a few developers.

It manifest itself with clicks on plug-ins that have "delay" as part of their functionality.

The other thing that might changed is how Max6 is reacting to the new OS.Try and find out if there is a newer version that might be more compatible, once that is done we can see if the problem is uniquely on the GRM side.

Upgrading is always a process of getting all the component to the right version level.

Get back to me if things still are not functioning as they should.

Best Regards,

Nick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.