Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Odd P&m Gain Structure
Plugivery Forums > Official Manufacturers Forums > Plug & Mix
Arran
Hi, I'm demoing some plugs (Brightness, Analoger, Monster Boost) and the input - output gain architecture seems odd to me, I'd expect the output gain at the top right of the GUI to be post processing - to compensate for any increase/decrease of level, but it appears to be pre-processing. For example on Brightness turn the clipper on and push the meter into gain reduction using the input gain, then turn down the output gain to compensate for the increase in level and the meter returns to normal, it's the same scenario using the booster control on Monster Boost.
Surely the output gain should be post processing? Other than that they sound great.
Nick
QUOTE (Arran @ Jan 12 2014, 05:58 PM) *
Hi, I'm demoing some plugs (Brightness, Analoger, Monster Boost) and the input - output gain architecture seems odd to me, I'd expect the output gain at the top right of the GUI to be post processing - to compensate for any increase/decrease of level, but it appears to be pre-processing. For example on Brightness turn the clipper on and push the meter into gain reduction using the input gain, then turn down the output gain to compensate for the increase in level and the meter returns to normal, it's the same scenario using the booster control on Monster Boost.
Surely the output gain should be post processing? Other than that they sound great.

Hello Arran,

I use the P+M plug-ins and turning down the output has the result of lowering the gain at the output of the plug-in.

If you look at the fader level on the channel where the signal is processed it will show the overall level is decreased.

The level indicated by the Volume unit in the plug-in itself indicates the level of the signal as it enters into the plug-in, not the result.

This is to indicate if your signal is too hot or not.

The output is only indicated by your channel's level.

If you are chaining several inserts, it might be best (if possible) to let the P+M be the last in your chain of inserts.

Best Regards,

Nick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.