Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Plug Ins Not Loading In Pt 11 With Version 3.3.0
Plugivery Forums > Official Manufacturers Forums > Plug & Mix
jigisup
I got the following error message:
The plug-in could not be made active because a AAE error was encounterd. AAE error -7054 was encountered..

Any ideas?
Nick
QUOTE (jigisup @ May 18 2015, 01:34 AM) *
I got the following error message:
The plug-in could not be made active because a AAE error was encounterd. AAE error -7054 was encountered..

Any ideas?

Hello jigisup,

Thanks for your interest in DontCrack and Plug&Mix.

Some ProTools 11 owners have had problems linked to how OS 10 handles preferences and the overwriting of the older files.

It seems the old files have stayed in place and are blocking the new 3.3 files from being read by ProTools.

One client got it working by trashing the P&M files then reinstalling the VIP Bundle first, then installing the Chainer.

Try going to my App Support/Avid/Plug-ins folder and manually trashing the older PM plugins. The error caused by the fact that
both old version as separate PM-xxxxxx.aaxplugin and a new Plug and Mix folder that are conflicting.

Trash the Plug and Mix preferences as well.

Repair permissions using the Disk Utility app.

I looked up the AAE error -7054 and it has to do with ProTools seeing multiple folders of a manufacturer's plug-ins.

Try it and tell me if it gets you up and running again.

Best Regards,

Nick
Boussani
This worked for me!
Thank you, Nick@DontCrack!!
Nick
QUOTE (Boussani @ May 22 2015, 05:01 AM) *
This worked for me!
Thank you, Nick@DontCrack!!

Hello jigisup,

Glad to hear that it worked for you.

Best Regards,

Nick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.