Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vst3?
Plugivery Forums > Official Manufacturers Forums > Plug & Mix
Andronoid
I wonder if we can hope for VST3, because last week Cubase announced that they will no longer support VST2? huh.gif
mibby
Hello, I"m thinking about the VIP Bundle and came here to ask if Plug And Mix is still a viable developer? I haven't seen any updates in years and very few responses in this forum.

Does Plug And Mix still have a developer? Are there any updates planned?

Thanks!
mibby
Hello, I'm thinking about the VIP Bundle and came here to ask if Plug And Mix is still a viable developer? I haven't seen any updates in years and very few responses in this forum.

Does Plug And Mix still have a developer? Are there any updates planned?

Thanks!
j.t.brownell
I am also hoping for an update and VST3 release in the future for Plug and Mix's products. I just bought the VIP bundle (on sale right now through audioplugindeals) and from what I've demoed so far, I actually really like the plugins! But as OP mentioned VST2.4 and older will be phased out at some point, I presume starting with Steinberg's software -- here's the official support page from them about dropping VST2 support: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/ar...-2-Discontinued

No set date is given, except a timeline of "within the next 24 months" - which would be Q1 2024, which I assume is when we'll see Cubase/Nuendo 13 released, and VST2-free.

Personally, I still have plenty of plugins that I use that are VST2.4... I patch everything through Blue Cat's Patchwork (a chainer plugin by Blue Cat Audio) so I'm hoping going VST3-only won't disrupt my workflow in Cubase, since I can just host VST2s inside a VST3 Patchwork... but still, Plug and Mix/Plugivery needs to make sure their products get updated before modern DAWs render them unusable. Most people aren't going to buy a $99 plugin just so they can keep using their VST2s, surely.

There are some other vendors that I really hope will get around to updating their stuff, such as Ohm Force, SONiVOX, AIR Music Tech with their legacy plugins... some of those I mentioned really need a hero. But hopefully Plug and Mix will come through!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.