Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Demo Won't Install Properly
Plugivery Forums > Official Manufacturers Forums > GRM Tools
HWS_BASIC
Hi,

I just downloaded the Complete GRM Tools demo (for Windows) from dontcrack.com.
After installing the demo and booting my DAW (Live), it tells me upon scanning the VST plugin folder I need to insert an iLok holding authorizations for the software. Obviously this is just the demo and according to the description on dontcrack.com there should be no authorization for that.

The standalone versions work however, maybe the RTAS too - haven't tested, but the VST needs authorization.

How to proceed?
Thanks
DontCrack
QUOTE (HWS_BASIC @ Mar 26 2011, 02:07 PM) *
Hi,

I just downloaded the Complete GRM Tools demo (for Windows) from dontcrack.com.
After installing the demo and booting my DAW (Live), it tells me upon scanning the VST plugin folder I need to insert an iLok holding authorizations for the software. Obviously this is just the demo and according to the description on dontcrack.com there should be no authorization for that.

The standalone versions work however, maybe the RTAS too - haven't tested, but the VST needs authorization.

How to proceed?
Thanks

Hi,

Perhaps could you send more details such as DAW and computer OS etc. Haven't heard of other similar issues up to now but we will investigate.

As said, no authorization required for any format !

Thanks for posting.

Kind Regards - Peter
HWS_BASIC
QUOTE (DontCrack @ Mar 28 2011, 03:34 PM) *
Hi,

Perhaps could you send more details such as DAW and computer OS etc. Haven't heard of other similar issues up to now but we will investigate.

As said, no authorization required for any format !

Thanks for posting.

Kind Regards - Peter

Hi there.
Windows 7 Professional, Ableton Live 8. When I fire up Live 8 it asks for authorisation.
However, it works in Pro Tools 9. Standalone works also. So yeah I've been able to try them at least.
A friend of mine has the same though, plus he cant even get the standalone to work. He's on Windows XP.
whyterabbyt
QUOTE (DontCrack @ Mar 28 2011, 04:34 PM) *

Strange that you're not aware of it, I posted about this issue in your thread at KVR, and again a delay later because I'd had no reply.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.ph...4465620#4465620
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.ph...4466366#4466366
DontCrack
QUOTE (HWS_BASIC @ Mar 29 2011, 10:41 AM) *
Hi there.
Windows 7 Professional, Ableton Live 8. When I fire up Live 8 it asks for authorisation.
However, it works in Pro Tools 9. Standalone works also. So yeah I've been able to try them at least.
A friend of mine has the same though, plus he cant even get the standalone to work. He's on Windows XP.

Hi HWS_BASIC,

I apologies but that is still not really enough to send bug reports at ina GRM. We need precise information such as which exact Windows OS version and which exact host application version we're talking about. To work on bugs, we need to reproduce them and we therefore need to install the exact same situation as yours.

As for whyterabbyt Which I have monitored his post on KVR, I suspect you guys are using 64 bit host applications and that might be a problem as it is not officially supported by GRM Tools as mentioned on our GRM Tools product pages :

System Requirements & PDF User Manual

A VST, Audio Unit, RTAS host application for plug-in use.
Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6 on Intel processor (32-bit)
Windows XP SP2 and higher (32-bit)

64 bit issues are an iLok problem that developers are struggling with and can't do much until iLok releases 64 bit compatibility.

The main developer at GRM is actually out of the office until April 5 but be sure I do send such user feedback at ina GRM and other guys are working on it.

I hope to have more to say ASAP...

Kind Regards - Peter
HWS_BASIC
QUOTE (DontCrack @ Mar 29 2011, 01:21 PM) *
Hi HWS_BASIC,

I apologies but that is still not really enough to send bug reports at ina GRM. We need precise information such as which exact Windows OS version and which exact host application version we're talking about.

OK-
Win 7 64 bit professional Service Pack 1
VSt Host - Ableton Live 8.2 (x86)
Computer is a Core 2 Duo 2.6GHZ, 2 GB RAM.

Like I said, the RTAS works in Pro Tools 9, and standalone works also.

Thanks

PS - Don't think it relates necessarily to 64 bit OS, as I have a friend who can't get it to work on Windows XP. He might post here also.
rezin8
Hi,

I have an issue with the GRM Tools demo install here sad.gif

I installed the demo, complete version, and whenever I run a VST host, it says it requires Authorisation and so it wont let me use the plugins.

So, I went to try the standalone versions, and they are not in the start menu/program location, so it looks like they were not even installed, all I have in each of the program locations is an Uninstall program and a pdf?

I installed "GRM_Tools_Complete_Demo_PC.zip"

- Windows XP Professional SP3 (32 bit)
- Tried Sound Forge 9.0e (build 441) and Cubase 4.5.2 as my VST hosts, neither work, both do same, as described above.
- I do have an iLok installed on this system, with Waves/Izotope plugins on there, dunno if that makes a difference, but I have tried removing this during installation, and afterwards and it seems to make no difference at all.
- The existing plugins I have on my iLok all work fine before/after install of the GRM Tools demo

Hopefully this is enough information for you?

I really need to test these plugins out, before I can consider buying them....
smile.gif

Cheers
Rezin8
DontCrack
Thanks for the details.

Yes we have found predictable issues and we asked the folks at ina GRM to monitor this board as for bug reports. This is why I was asking for precise tech details.

I will here post as soon as we have updates that corrects evident bugs.

Thanks for your time reporting.

Best Regards - Peter
whyterabbyt
QUOTE (DontCrack @ Mar 29 2011, 02:21 PM) *
As for whyterabbyt Which I have monitored his post on KVR, I suspect you guys are using 64 bit host applications and that might be a problem as it is not officially supported by GRM Tools

Nope, I doubt if its that. As I did make sure to detail in my post in that thread, I tried Audiomulch, Live 8 and Bidule on XP32 after my problems with Audiomulch and Bidule on Win7 x64, with exactly the same result.

Note that Live and Audiomulch are only available as 32 bit hosts in the first place, although admittedly there is a 64 bit version of Bidule. However I only use the 32bit version on my Win7 x64 system, and of course it'd be 32bit on my XP32 system.
rolad
1) I downloaded the DEMO (link was on the dontcrack website):
http://store.dontcrack.com/product_info.php?manufa cturers_id=70&products_id=800

2) Unzipped GRM_Tools_Complete_Demo_PC.zip, started GRM Tools Complete Demo Installer.exe.

3) Although I specified my D: drive to install the VST DLL's / Documentation - it is ignored. All DLL's end up in folder C:\Program Files (x86)\GRMVstPlugins. ???

4) So I copy all DLL's accross from C: drive onto my D: drive VST folder. I start my Host and scan the plugin folder.

5) For each plugin, the Message "Please insert an authorized iLok and press the ''OK'' button to continue using GRM Tools Classic. bla bla bla..".. Although I have an iLok2, it doesn't work since it's not loaded. Anyway it states on the dontcrack website "NO AUTHORIZATIONS ARE REQUIRED TO RUN THE GRM DEMO VERSIONS !" unsure.gif

Win7 Pro 64-bit (NOT SP1)
Tested in Hosts: Cubase 6 (32-bit), Presonus Studio one (32-bit), Renoise (32-bit).
DontCrack
Hi guys,

It does appear that some of you encountered problems installing and running the GRM demo versions on Windows 7. Unfortunately, the main developer at ina GRM is away for a short break and will be back early next week.

We have added this information to the priority list for him to work on that at his return.

For those of you that were not able to demo the products before the end of the promotion, we will extend it at users request for a 10 days period after all problems have been solved and the demo versions fully operational.

Again we need as much details as possible to reproduce the issues you encounter. Any further technical information is therefore much appreciated.

Thanks for your time and your understanding.

Kind Regards - Peter
DontCrack
BTW guys,

Some users that encountered problems with the "GRM Tools Complete Collection" demo versions on Windows 7 stated they were able to demo all products by installing the demo version of each bundles separately....

These can be downloaded from the respective bundle pages here :
http://store.dontcrack.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=70

Perhaps a work around ?

Cheers - Peter
ken29
Hi,
I tried to install the demo VST on Windows XP sp3. Hosts are Reaper and Usine, I tried with the three separated bundles. It still ask for an Ilok with authorisations.

Kenan Trevien
grmtools
hi,

some people had the same pace problem with ProTools 9 could you as follow

"Error 1920.ServicePACE License Services (PaceLicenseDServices) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services." Occurs during PACE Driver Setup preventing installation of TPKD driver and iLok support or when launching Pro Tools.

In one case, uninstalling the anti-virus software BitDefender allowed the Pro Tools and iLok License Support software to install and function properly.

or

f DEP (Data Execution Prevention) setting is modified you can encounter errors such as Pro Tools not responding when trying to launch, or Microsoft Register Server Stopped Working or PACERegister returned an Error when Installing or Uninstalling Pro Tools.

Why can't I uninstall or install Pro Tools without getting errors regarding Pace or Microsoft Register Server?

Turn DEP back on, restart and then you can properly complete the Pro Tools install or uninstallation without registry errors.

Re-Enabling DEP

Open the Start menu and right-click on Computer.

Choose Properties.

On the left side of the screen, click on Advanced System Settings.

Under Performance, click on Settings.

Click on the tab for 'Data Execution Prevention'.

Choose the option 'Turn on DEP for Essential Windows programs and services'

Restart your computer.

If you're still having trouble installing Pro Tools due to Register or Pace errors and you've re-enabled DEP to its top default setting:

Remove all PACE and Pro Tools entries from your Control Panel's Programs & Features, run the Pro Tools uninstaller from your DVD or download and then restart before reinstalling Pro Tools.
ken29
Hello,

Is there any news about this bug ? The special offer ends in 10 days and there's still no way to proprelly try the plugs....

Kenan
whyterabbyt
QUOTE (ken29 @ Apr 7 2011, 09:52 AM) *
Hello,

Is there any news about this bug ? The special offer ends in 10 days and there's still no way to proprelly try the plugs....

Kenan

Yeah, I'd like to get the opportunity to properly try these as plugins on -any- of my systems before the deadline. (now tested it on -two- different XP/32bit systems and a Win7/64bit system, all of which already have PACE installed and working with other sotfware)
van
Greetings,

Unfortunately same here,

demo won't run on Win XP SP3. Tried Cubase, Reaper, Live 8, Cantabile, AudioMulch...it keeps asking for iLok.
Also, i can't see any standalone version anywhere.
whyterabbyt
QUOTE (van @ Apr 8 2011, 04:15 AM) *
Greetings,

Unfortunately same here,

demo won't run on Win XP SP3. Tried Cubase, Reaper, Live 8, Cantabile, AudioMulch...it keeps asking for iLok.
Also, i can't see any standalone version anywhere.

Standalones will be installed to C:\Program Files\Ina-GRM\GRM Tools
The installer doesnt create any shortcuts for them anywhere, you'll have to navigate to them manually.
DontCrack
Hi all,

So we have reported the bugs some of you encounter installing the GRM Tools demo on Windows and the main developer is now back and working on it.

The folks at ina GRM are actually compiling & testing the new demo versions. Should be there anytime now...

The white noise will be replaced by a gentile fade out/in that makes it much easier to evaluate GRM Tools creative capabilities.

Other WINDOWS features requested by users will be added such as :

- VST bug fixes for WINDOWS
- Choice of the folder where to install the VST from the installer.
- Documentation & Stand-Alone from the Start menu
- Short-cut on the desktop to the Stand-Alone.

I'll keep you posted ASAP !

Kind Regards - Peter
ken29
It works perfectly now.

Thanks
DontCrack
Yes the new versions work great !

Please let us know if you encounter other issues...

Thanks - Peter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.