Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Xp Or Windows 2000
Plugivery Forums > General > Open Bar
djthr3e
which one OS is the most stable and best for making music.
audiofeen
xp because some of the software doesn't work on 2000 and some drivers for usb/ firewire contrllers and sound cards are xp only.

but 2000 is a faster os and has less crap
bumper
the better OS is XP. don't use vista. it's the worst OS yet.
tedlk
Do not think about WIN2000 Now. Go for XP.
D.chins
I bought a new Dell about 2 months ago and they put XP on it at my request.

My son has Vista and has constant problems with it.

I believe IE 7 is stable but it is IE 8 that has problems.

IE 7 is not the same thing as Windows 7.
insebab09
Windows XP FTW

but on a more serious note, there has been a similar thread on another forum that i visit, and everyone was against Vista, they all said that Windows 7 was much better.
patience
Hi,
Windows 2000 was designed as a corporate operating system.
Windows XP was designed for home/consumer usage.
Windows 2000 is older, but has benefits and drawbacks in modern times, such as compatibility. It's extended lifespan ends June 2010 I believe.
Windows XP is newer by a year, and is one of the staging grounds against the Vista invasion. smile.gif. It has a larger user base, and is sufficient for most users.
I say 2000 is lighter, and probably a bit more secure out of the box (disregarding XP's built in Firewall), but with an adequate antivirus/firewall solution, either would do well security wise.
camp.hammock
obviously windows xp is better than 2000 because it have some nice and high definition audio features
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.