Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Daws And Plug-ins On Top Of Digital Music Production
Plugivery Forums > General > Open Bar
niklas_sn7
DAWs and plug-ins on top of digital music production

The link first: http://member.sn7.de/niklas/mt/

Lately I wrote my master thesis about "The evolution of digital music production - DAW plug-ins on top". Because I had collected so much material I thought of presenting it online, which I did.
So all the things I found out about DAWs and plug-ins are backed up with quotations from books, magazines and websites. The quotations itself are commented as well plus I added some more links and stuff.

The main focus of my thesis is to analyze what makes digital music production so special and ahead of legacy approaches (if at least). I took the example of DAW plug-ins to illustrate that analysis. And I explored the topic based on a timeline including 50 years of the technological evolution of digital production tools from the first computers making sounds up to the DAW plug-ins of today.

I think it is not necessary to read the whole text in a row, it makes more sense to go from part to part or to just look up some references one finds useful. Or do further research with the timeline...
I personally recommend the Appendix, where I put some tables with the most common DAWs listed, categorized by their driver/OS/plug-in compatibility. So people can see what type of hardware/OS/DAW combination they could choose from.

Hope to read your comments on that.
insebab09
Professional and useful software,
They help me a lot, hope it can help everybody.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.