Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Clicks With Pitchaccum Under Os 10.8
RainerB
post Oct 22 2013, 09:10 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,722

Hello,

I am using the "GRM Classic" VST plug-ins within a Max6 live electronics environment, and a I am controlling the parameters of each plug-in in various ways. To set a parameter of a VST plug-in within Max/MSP to a certain value, a list must be sent to its left inlet, consisting of an integer as the first element, indicating the parameter number, followed by a float number indicating the value to which this parameter is intended to be set.

In my live electronics environment, I can set all parameters of each VST plug-in to certain values, depending on program numbers of my environment. To create interpolations between various presets within a certain time interval, I use the "line" object which allows a change of each parameter from one value to another one within a specified time interval.

Everything has been working fine so far until I bought a new Mac Powerbook. There hasn't been any problem on my old 2.7 GHz Powerbook, Mac OS 10.6.8. Now I've got a 2.9 GHz Powerbook with Mac OS 10.8.5, and I was surprised that the "GRM PitchAccum Stereo" plug-in produced clicks when some of its parameters were changed, which didn't happen on my old Powerbook. These clicks turned out to be really nasty, especially since I sent the output of this module through reverb.

Strangely these clicks don't happen when I move the sliders within the PitchAccum window; it only happens when I sent parameter values as a list to the left inlet of the plug-in. And I haven't noticed any problems with the other GRM plug-ins so far. Is it possible that there is a problem particularly with the "GRM PitchAccum Stereo" plug-in running under Mac OS 10.8? Or what could be the reason?
Attached File(s)
Attached File  PitchAccumTest01.maxpat.zip ( 3.42K ) Number of downloads: 1

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 07:53 AM