Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: P&m Plug-ins Bug Reports
Plugivery Forums > Official Manufacturers Forums > Plug & Mix
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
whitealbum
QUOTE (whitealbum @ May 7 2013, 08:50 PM) *
Hello,
problem with P&M Chorus Ensemble in Cubase 7.0.3 64 Bit (Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate)
If i insert the plug, after a while a single loud click on the right channel (stereo track) appears.
No matter, if the song is in playback mode or in stop mode.

The effect is really great, but this is a little bit weird
Am i alone?

I try it again.
Did someone from dontcrack read my post?
As i said, i'm not alone with this behaviour.
Please help...
Nick
QUOTE (whitealbum @ May 15 2013, 12:24 PM) *
I try it again.
Did someone from dontcrack read my post?
As i said, i'm not alone with this behaviour.
Please help...

Hello whitealbum,

We have seen your report and for the moment we don't know why this happening to you and the others.

We have passed on the info to the developers and testers to see what they can do about it.

We will keep you posted on what happens.

Best Regards,

Nick
whitealbum
QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ May 15 2013, 02:27 PM) *
Hello whitealbum,

We have seen your report and for the moment we don't know why this happening to you and the others.

We have passed on the info to the developers and testers to see what they can do about it.

We will keep you posted on what happens.

Best Regards,

Nick

Good to hear, thanks.

Some infos about that behaviour.
Sometimes users (incl. me) have to wait half an hour before the first click appears.
Yesterday it happended then, after a while, every 1-3 minutes a single click appears. So thats not a specific time (every 5 minutes or so) problem.
I noticed more clicks as well if you do something in parallel (internet surfing or something else).
Project CPU usage is about 30-40%.

Hope that helps to sort it out.
Howie62
QUOTE (jordansvoice @ Apr 30 2013, 05:10 AM) *
I own the VIP bundle LOVE it so far. But unfortunately it seems like all of the amp simulation plugins don't work correctly on my system. It pretty much sounds like I threw a bitcrusher and killed the track. All distorted, hardly any signal coming through. This problem happens with the American Tweed, British Tone, etc.

Further to this earlier post, I'm encountering the same problem in Presonus Studio One 2.5.1.I can record a guitar part using the P&M amp sims, but if I try to use them with existing, already recorded guitar parts I'm getting the same horrible 'bitcrusher' distortion, this is of course, with any other amp sim or distortion plugins disabled..I'm using the latest 3.03 version of the P&M bundle, and have tried reinstalling which made no difference, other plugins from the bundle working fine.

Any update on this issue?

Windows 7 64 Bit
i7 3.50Ghz
32gb ram
Nick
QUOTE (whitealbum @ May 16 2013, 08:52 AM) *
Good to hear, thanks.

Some infos about that behaviour.
Sometimes users (incl. me) have to wait half an hour before the first click appears.
Yesterday it happended then, after a while, every 1-3 minutes a single click appears. So thats not a specific time (every 5 minutes or so) problem.
I noticed more clicks as well if you do something in parallel (internet surfing or something else).
Project CPU usage is about 30-40%.

Hope that helps to sort it out.

Hello whitealbum,

Your line about doing something in parallel makes me think that there might be something active in the background that asking for CPU power while Cubase is running. any autosaves, file indexing etc?

Is there a way to increase the amount of CPU use allowed for Cubase?

Or a way of allocating more RAM to Cubase so that it can avoid perhaps being starved of CPU power, just an idea as it seems to be related to the processor's ability to handle the tasks it is presented.

Best Regards,

Nick
deadstarblues
QUOTE (daro @ May 12 2013, 12:12 PM) *
Are you able to open Pro Tools? The reason I ask is because I recently had an issue with the stupid iLok where I had to go out to the iLok site and reinstall the drivers. Without warning....Pro Tools MP9 just stopped working. Once I re-installed the iLok junk....everything was fine again.

Yes I am able to open Pro Tools.
Nick
QUOTE (deadstarblues @ May 11 2013, 06:35 PM) *
I downloaded and installed PM version 3.0.3 and I am still having the same problem. Please help!

Hello deadstarblues,

I would suggest "repairing permissions" we had some other people who had this and once they "repaired" everything went well. When the permissions aren't working correctly it prevent the software from installing to the right location and ProTools doesn't find the P&M in the right place.

Another thing that has got people up and running is to manually assigned the "music" user rights to write in the library folder containing P&Ms authorization program.

The Mac OS has been full of "tricks" as the modifications done by Apple lately have not been well documented.

Try this then re-install and it should work, some other people had this little problem.

Could you tell me what version of ProTools you are using? The new 10.3.5 is really different as it is preparing the way for compatibility with the upcoming ProTools 11 and there are "Pace Signatures" which ProTools has to see to be able to load the Plug-ins even when they are correctly installed. These "signatures" are real tricky to apply and are not working correctly for us and other software companies. If it is possible to go back to 10.3.3, it is advisable as this issue doesn't exist for that earlier version. We are working on it but I can't give you a green light on it yet.

If it doesn't solve the problem get back to me as soon as you can.

Best Regards,

Nick
whitealbum
QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ May 16 2013, 03:15 PM) *
Hello whitealbum,

Your line about doing something in parallel makes me think that there might be something active in the background that asking for CPU power while Cubase is running. any autosaves, file indexing etc?

Is there a way to increase the amount of CPU use allowed for Cubase?

Or a way of allocating more RAM to Cubase so that it can avoid perhaps being starved of CPU power, just an idea as it seems to be related to the processor's ability to handle the tasks it is presented.

Best Regards,

Nick

Hello Nick,
about parallel actions:
It was only an example, if only Cubase is open, clicks appears as well.
Actually, i have nothing in the background (win indexer is closed) only Avast antivirus is in the back.
But i don't believe that there is a correlation, because in this project there are a lot of other plugins like Waves, Abbey Road Plugs, IKM Plugs, Fabfilter, cubase internal and Voxengo plugs.
No other plug makes a problem.
Amount of CPU is possible via priority in the task Manager. Cubase got the priority "high" which is fine.
avast and other stuff have got "normal" priority.
In this project RAM isn't a problem, i have 12 gb RAM, 5,57GB is used RAM, so there should be no problem.

I'm checking now deactivating avast anti-virus in the background.

bye
Howie62
Further to my earlier, as yet unanswered post, about unwanted distortion using the P&M amp sims.I can report that this distortion can appear on tracks that aren't even using ANY P&M plugins when I try to record a new track using one of the P&M amp sims.This is further to the earlier problem, of being unable to use them on preexisting guitar tracks.

I really like the amp sims, especially for clean and crunchy sounds, but this bug is a serious stumbling block...

Any ideas?

Howie
Nick
QUOTE (Howie62 @ May 18 2013, 05:45 PM) *
Further to my earlier, as yet unanswered post, about unwanted distortion using the P&M amp sims.I can report that this distortion can appear on tracks that aren't even using ANY P&M plugins when I try to record a new track using one of the P&M amp sims.This is further to the earlier problem, of being unable to use them on preexisting guitar tracks.

I really like the amp sims, especially for clean and crunchy sounds, but this bug is a serious stumbling block...

Any ideas?

Howie

Hello Howie,

A couple of questions for me to understand the problem more clearly.

1/ You are recording onto a track that has on of the amp sims as an insert in order to have the "sound" you desire as you monitor the recording, right?

2/ Other tracks in the session have distortion on them, although they don't have an amp sims or any plug-in whatsoever on them right? When you solo one of these tracks is the distortion still present?

Best Regards,

Nick
Howie62
QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ May 21 2013, 10:08 AM) *
Hello Howie,

A couple of questions for me to understand the problem more clearly.

1/ You are recording onto a track that has on of the amp sims as an insert in order to have the "sound" you desire as you monitor the recording, right?

2/ Other tracks in the session have distortion on them, although they don't have an amp sims or any plug-in whatsoever on them right? When you solo one of these tracks is the distortion still present?

Best Regards,

Nick

Hi Nick, thanks for your reply.

I first encountered the problem when trying to use one of the P&M amp sims to replace the amp sim on a previously recorded guitar track, after disabling the previous amp sim and inserting, in this case, Magic Queen, I then experienced a horrible granular distortion on the track, this disappeared once I disabled Magic Queen and used the original plugin.I tried this on other previously recorded tracks, and using other P&M amp sims with the same result.
I haven't experienced any problems using the sims on anything begun from scratch.
However I decided to add a new guitar track to an idea which pre dated me using P&M amp sims.This consisted of a guitar, bass and drum track.I inserted a new track, inserted a P&M amp sim, and the original guitar track, which had no P&M plugins at all, then began exhibiting the same awful distortion, the bass and drum track were unaffected.What's more, disabling the amp sim on the new track didn't stop the distortion on the original track, neither did deleting the new track entirely, so I had to scrap what I'd done and open it all again.To double check, I went through the same procedure, with the same result.
So as it stands right now I can only use the P&M amp sims on something completely new, which is a shame as I liked particularly, Magic Queen, enough to replace what I'd originally used, on some remixes.

We're not talking slight distortion either, it's high gain horror, nasty digital and grainy..so there's obviously a pretty serious bug going on, especially if it can affect guitar parts on other tracks, not even using any P&M plugins!As previously stated, I've tried reinstalling, to no avail.

Thanks for your help

Howie

Thanks for your help
Nick
QUOTE (Howie62 @ May 21 2013, 07:27 PM) *

I first encountered the problem when trying to use one of the P&M amp sims to replace the amp sim on a previously recorded guitar track, after disabling the previous amp sim and inserting, in this case, Magic Queen, I then experienced a horrible granular distortion on the track, this disappeared once I disabled Magic Queen and used the original plugin.I tried this on other previously recorded tracks, and using other P&M amp sims with the same result.
I haven't experienced any problems using the sims on anything begun from scratch.
However I decided to add a new guitar track to an idea which pre dated me using P&M amp sims.This consisted of a guitar, bass and drum track.I inserted a new track, inserted a P&M amp sim, and the original guitar track, which had no P&M plugins at all, then began exhibiting the same awful distortion, the bass and drum track were unaffected.What's more, disabling the amp sim on the new track didn't stop the distortion on the original track, neither did deleting the new track entirely, so I had to scrap what I'd done and open it all again.To double check, I went through the same procedure, with the same result.
So as it stands right now I can only use the P&M amp sims on something completely new, which is a shame as I liked particularly, Magic Queen, enough to replace what I'd originally used, on some remixes.

We're not talking slight distortion either, it's high gain horror, nasty digital and grainy..so there's obviously a pretty serious bug going on, especially if it can affect guitar parts on other tracks, not even using any P&M plugins!As previously stated, I've tried reinstalling, to no avail.

Thanks for your help

Howie

Thanks for your help

Hello Howie,

Now I need some info on your setup, what computer, which OS, DAW, with all the version info possible so I can see what is causing this problem. We have a huge number of people working peacefully especially now after the "Group Buy" in situations very similar to yours, but there is definitively something that is preventing the amps from working correctly.

To get to the bottom of this, we need to figure out what is causing this, we have had some conflicts reported between our plug-ins and older versions of other manufacturer plug-ins, so a list or screen shot of what you have would be useful as well.

Best Regards,

Nick

Howie62
QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ May 21 2013, 06:44 PM) *
Hello Howie,

Now I need some info on your setup, what computer, which OS, DAW, with all the version info possible so I can see what is causing this problem. We have a huge number of people working peacefully especially now after the "Group Buy" in situations very similar to yours, but there is definitively something that is preventing the amps from working correctly.

To get to the bottom of this, we need to figure out what is causing this, we have had some conflicts reported between our plug-ins and older versions of other manufacturer plug-ins, so a list or screen shot of what you have would be useful as well.

Best Regards,

Nick

I actually included most of the info you're asking for in my initial post, but here goes again.
Windows 7 64 bit fully up to date, i7 3.50Ghz, 32gb ram, The PC is a purpose built machine, and not a home build, or general use shop bought machine.I'm using an RME Fireface UFX which has the latest drivers and firmware.
DAW-Presonus Studio One 2.5.1 64 bit (latest version).

I do have a fair few plugins installed, although I'm very diligent about latest versions, and am certain nothing is out of date.I'm also using very few bridged 32 bit plugins, as I identified these as the root of CPU spikes when I first started using Studio One.It may be easier for you to tell me some of the ones you've had conflicts with, as I've experienced this problem on different projects/pieces not all using the same plugins, and you may just list one that I use a lot.There are certain UAD-2 plugins I use on most projects, I have the latest version v7 of the UAD plugs.Those aside, the plugins I use on a project can vary considerably from piece to piece.I mainly use Amplitube CS for my guitar parts, and I disabled it, rather than removed it when trying the P&M plugins as alternatives, I have the latest version of ACS, it tends to be there in my guitar chain disabled or enabled as the case may be.It's there on the new 'from scratch' pieces, and I've had no problems with those, this problem is only affecting already recorded guitar parts.I did try removing other plugins in some of the projects to see if there was a conflict but nothing I took out changed the situation.I thought I was going nuts when the distortion appeared on a different, non P&M guitar track, so there must be something very strange going on!
Let me know if you need any more info, and thanks again

Howie
Nick
QUOTE (Howie62 @ May 21 2013, 08:22 PM) *

I actually included most of the info you're asking for in my initial post, but here goes again.
Windows 7 64 bit fully up to date, i7 3.50Ghz, 32gb ram, The PC is a purpose built machine, and not a home build, or general use shop bought machine.I'm using an RME Fireface UFX which has the latest drivers and firmware.
DAW-Presonus Studio One 2.5.1 64 bit (latest version).

I do have a fair few plugins installed, although I'm very diligent about latest versions, and am certain nothing is out of date.I'm also using very few bridged 32 bit plugins, as I identified these as the root of CPU spikes when I first started using Studio One.It may be easier for you to tell me some of the ones you've had conflicts with, as I've experienced this problem on different projects/pieces not all using the same plugins, and you may just list one that I use a lot.There are certain UAD-2 plugins I use on most projects, I have the latest version v7 of the UAD plugs.Those aside, the plugins I use on a project can vary considerably from piece to piece.I mainly use Amplitube CS for my guitar parts, and I disabled it, rather than removed it when trying the P&M plugins as alternatives, I have the latest version of ACS, it tends to be there in my guitar chain disabled or enabled as the case may be.It's there on the new 'from scratch' pieces, and I've had no problems with those, this problem is only affecting already recorded guitar parts.I did try removing other plugins in some of the projects to see if there was a conflict but nothing I took out changed the situation.I thought I was going nuts when the distortion appeared on a different, non P&M guitar track, so there must be something very strange going on!
Let me know if you need any more info, and thanks again

Howie

Hello Howie,

We have had a couple of reports of strange behaviour with P&M plug-ins with Presonus Studio One.

Some people adjusted the device block size under song setup to 256 samples (bumped it up from 128 and this seemed to have addressed the issue. Turned out to be a buffering issue.

You might try posting on the Presonus Studio One forum and see if anyone has had the same very weird "ghost" distortion on tracks where the plug-in isn't even active.

Best Regards,

Nick
Howie62
QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ May 22 2013, 09:54 AM) *
Hello Howie,

We have had a couple of reports of strange behaviour with P&M plug-ins with Presonus Studio One.

Some people adjusted the device block size under song setup to 256 samples (bumped it up from 128 and this seemed to have addressed the issue. Turned out to be a buffering issue.

You might try posting on the Presonus Studio One forum and see if anyone has had the same very weird "ghost" distortion on tracks where the plug-in isn't even active.

Best Regards,

Nick

Hi Nick, thanks for your reply, I'll try the block size increase, and see if there's any similar bugs with Studio One.

Cheers

Howie
whitealbum
QUOTE (whitealbum @ May 17 2013, 02:47 PM) *
Hello Nick,
about parallel actions:
It was only an example, if only Cubase is open, clicks appears as well.
Actually, i have nothing in the background (win indexer is closed) only Avast antivirus is in the back.
But i don't believe that there is a correlation, because in this project there are a lot of other plugins like Waves, Abbey Road Plugs, IKM Plugs, Fabfilter, cubase internal and Voxengo plugs.
No other plug makes a problem.
Amount of CPU is possible via priority in the task Manager. Cubase got the priority "high" which is fine.
avast and other stuff have got "normal" priority.
In this project RAM isn't a problem, i have 12 gb RAM, 5,57GB is used RAM, so there should be no problem.

I'm checking now deactivating avast anti-virus in the background.

bye

same problem, deactivating anti virus makes no difference...
Nick
QUOTE (whitealbum @ May 25 2013, 10:04 AM) *
same problem, deactivating anti virus makes no difference...

Hello whitealbum,

One bit of info that could help is whether you have the whole bundle or just the chorus plug-in.

If you do have the whole bundle I imagine that the other P&M plug-ins are not sending out clicks.

Second thing I must check is if the version number is listed in the top left corner of the plug-in. Is it the case?

Best Regards,

Nick
whitealbum
QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ May 28 2013, 11:18 AM) *
Hello whitealbum,

One bit of info that could help is whether you have the whole bundle or just the chorus plug-in.

If you do have the whole bundle I imagine that the other P&M plug-ins are not sending out clicks.

Second thing I must check is if the version number is listed in the top left corner of the plug-in. Is it the case?

Best Regards,

Nick

I have the whole bundle. I can check if the other plugs are sending out clicks.
Yes, version number in top left corner is 3.0.2
whitealbum
QUOTE (whitealbum @ May 31 2013, 10:03 PM) *
I have the whole bundle. I can check if the other plugs are sending out clicks.
Yes, version number in top left corner is 3.0.2

I've tested Cool vibe, this plug are NOT sending out clicks, while Chrous/Ensemble sending out many clicks.
Mmh, special Chrous&Ensemble problem?
Nick
QUOTE (whitealbum @ Jun 3 2013, 11:52 AM) *
I've tested Cool vibe, this plug are NOT sending out clicks, while Chrous/Ensemble sending out many clicks.
Mmh, special Chrous&Ensemble problem?

Hello whitealbum,

Only the Chorus/Ensemble sending out clicks still.

Could I suggest that you try installing version 3.03 it has some bug fixes and improvement that just might sort out this problem.

It is here:

http://www.plugandmix.com/support/downloads/

Tell me if it helps you out.

Best Regards,

Nick

whitealbum
Hi Nick,
i had made some mixing projects, so i'm a little bit late here wink.gif
So, i'm gonna try it, and let you know...
thesamrohdeshow
Hey all,

Just discovered something. Forgive me if it has been mentioned, haven't read through all the other posts yet.

Running Pro Tools 11.0.1 on MBP Retina Laptop. Just upgraded 3.0.3r1 plug ins and gave them a test drive.

Mono Echoflex didn't work first time I put it on a track. So then I put a stereo Echoflex on the same track and it works but when I bypass the plugin, audio freezes on the right side and a constant annoying digital sound is audible whilst rest of track plays.

I tried the mono Echoflex again and it worked second around time, including bypass.

I have since tried the Echoflex Stereo plugin again and same problem, it works but bypass causes the freeze issues.

Thought you should know and see if anyone else has the same issue on the 64 Bit AAX platform.

Cheers,

Sam

whitealbum
QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ Jun 3 2013, 12:35 PM) *
Hello whitealbum,

Only the Chorus/Ensemble sending out clicks still.

Could I suggest that you try installing version 3.03 it has some bug fixes and improvement that just might sort out this problem.

It is here:

http://www.plugandmix.com/support/downloads/

Tell me if it helps you out.

Best Regards,

Nick

Sadly, it doesn't help, same problem...
thesamrohdeshow
Further information to help you guys out (just read the front page!)

1- Platform (Mac or PC) - MAC
2- Exact computer OS version - Mountain Lion 10.8.4 - MacBook Pro Retina Laptop - 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
3- DAW sequencer with exact version - Pro Tools 11.0.1
4- Which audio interface are you using (internal sound card or external audio interface) - Internal (Built in Output)
5- Are you using third party software such as VST rappers ? Nothing third party
6- Anything else that can help our team reproduce the problems you encounter. - See above post

Thanks
Nick
QUOTE (thesamrohdeshow @ Jul 7 2013, 01:34 PM) *
Hey all,

Just discovered something. Forgive me if it has been mentioned, haven't read through all the other posts yet.

Running Pro Tools 11.0.1 on MBP Retina Laptop. Just upgraded 3.0.3r1 plug ins and gave them a test drive.

Mono Echoflex didn't work first time I put it on a track. So then I put a stereo Echoflex on the same track and it works but when I bypass the plugin, audio freezes on the right side and a constant annoying digital sound is audible whilst rest of track plays.

I tried the mono Echoflex again and it worked second around time, including bypass.

I have since tried the Echoflex Stereo plugin again and same problem, it works but bypass causes the freeze issues.

Thought you should know and see if anyone else has the same issue on the 64 Bit AAX platform.

Cheers,

Sam

Hello Sam,

Thanks for reporting this and doing the follow-up listing the configuration you are using.

I will pass it on to our developers so they can check it out.

Best Regards,

Nick
soulone82
Strange problem with Echoflex & Clarisonix:

If I switch the GUI to REAPERīs generic UI and back to the plug-in GUI, some settings will reset to the factory default. This also happens when I close the plug-ins and reopen them.
This bug seems to only affect some controls, not all of them. Mostly itīs the switches and buttons that will be reset.
And no...I am NOT running demo versions.

Happening on both REAPER x86 & x64. P&M versions 3.0.3 (x86 & x64).

tomasz
PM-Psycho Ring.dll and PM-Octaplexer.dll on windows

- Presets do not load. Selecting any preset does not change the settings in the plugins

already reported by user lights in 2012 !!!

please improve your quality assurance

Thomasz
whitealbum
QUOTE (whitealbum @ Jul 7 2013, 03:36 PM) *
Sadly, it doesn't help, same problem...

Any news about that, this is really annoying, because its a wonderful fx, but the clicks drives me nuts ....
headlow
1.Mac
2. Mountain Lion 10.8.4, Macbook Pro, 2.3 Ghz IntelCore i5, 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3, and,
iMac 2.7GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 also running Mountain Lion 10.8.4
3.Pro Tools 10.3.6 & 11.0.1
4. A&H Zed R16, M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R, Built in Output (on laptop)
5. No third party wrappers, but some third party plugins, i.e Slate, Softube, Waves
6. Can't think of anything else. My Laptop and imac are both loaded with exactly the same software.

When using my iMac to mix with PT10.3.6 if I insert any P&M (3.03) I get constant CPU usage to high errors. This occurs with as little as 3% CPU usage. However I don't have problems with PT11.
I copied a session over to my Macbook and ran a test with the built in outputs and didn't experience any trouble at all. After this I also tried using the built in output on the iMac but the problem still persists.

Any ideas?

I've grown quite fond of your plugins, but for the time being I need to stay with PT10, as not all my plugins have been ported over, so it's not as easy as just mixing in PT11.
headlow
QUOTE (headlow @ Jul 30 2013, 05:12 PM) *
1.Mac
2. Mountain Lion 10.8.4, Macbook Pro, 2.3 Ghz IntelCore i5, 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3, and,
iMac 2.7GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 also running Mountain Lion 10.8.4
3.Pro Tools 10.3.6 & 11.0.1
4. A&H Zed R16, M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R, Built in Output (on laptop)
5. No third party wrappers, but some third party plugins, i.e Slate, Softube, Waves
6. Can't think of anything else. My Laptop and imac are both loaded with exactly the same software.

When using my iMac to mix with PT10.3.6 if I insert any P&M (3.03) I get constant CPU usage to high errors. This occurs with as little as 3% CPU usage. However I don't have problems with PT11.
I copied a session over to my Macbook and ran a test with the built in outputs and didn't experience any trouble at all. After this I also tried using the built in output on the iMac but the problem still persists.

Any ideas?

I've grown quite fond of your plugins, but for the time being I need to stay with PT10, as not all my plugins have been ported over, so it's not as easy as just mixing in PT11.

Just to let you know......Repairing Dick Permissions seem to have sorted this! Your Transient Designer and Delay are now running with no problems smile.gif
whitealbum
@ Nick:
Any news about the click problem with Chorusensemble and Cubase 7 ?
Nick
QUOTE (whitealbum @ Aug 18 2013, 11:48 AM) *
@ Nick:
Any news about the click problem with Chorusensemble and Cubase 7 ?

Hello whitealbum,

There are quite a few people away on vacation right now, when the developers are all back I will be putting the question to them again.

Best Regards,

Nick
whitealbum
QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ Aug 23 2013, 03:14 PM) *
Hello whitealbum,

There are quite a few people away on vacation right now, when the developers are all back I will be putting the question to them again.

Best Regards,

Nick

Thanks
mike110492
I've been having a weird issue with monster boost. Sometimes when I open a session (pro tools 10 & 11), any track that has monster boost on it will be putting out a low (maybe 100hz or so?) sine wave and none of the actual audio will play (on any tracks). It doesn't do it every time. It seems pretty random.
Nick
QUOTE (mike110492 @ Oct 2 2013, 04:09 AM) *
I've been having a weird issue with monster boost. Sometimes when I open a session (pro tools 10 & 11), any track that has monster boost on it will be putting out a low (maybe 100hz or so?) sine wave and none of the actual audio will play (on any tracks). It doesn't do it every time. It seems pretty random.

Hello mike110492,

That is a strange one, first time we have heard of it.

Could you tell me which exact version of ProTools and of your Mac Os you are using?

ProTools11 is still quite young and there is an 11.0.2 that just came out on the 27th of sept.

Sometimes that can fix things right away.

If it doesn't get right back to me and we will see things from our side.

Best Regards,

Nick
mike110492
QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ Oct 2 2013, 12:07 PM) *
Hello mike110492,

That is a strange one, first time we have heard of it.

Could you tell me which exact version of ProTools and of your Mac Os you are using?

ProTools11 is still quite young and there is an 11.0.2 that just came out on the 27th of sept.

Sometimes that can fix things right away.

If it doesn't get right back to me and we will see things from our side.

Best Regards,

Nick

Yeah, I'm running 11.0.2 on OSX 10.8.4. It's been doing it from time to time in Pro Tools 10 (10.3.6) as well.
Nick
QUOTE (mike110492 @ Oct 7 2013, 04:40 PM) *
Yeah, I'm running 11.0.2 on OSX 10.8.4. It's been doing it from time to time in Pro Tools 10 (10.3.6) as well.

Hello mike110492,

Thanks for the info. You are right up to date.

I'll get the info to the guys on our side to see what they think.

Best Regards,

Nick
weezul
Hello, I am trying to upgrade my plugins from RTAS to 32bit AAX, but every time I run the installer I get an error:

Error:

W:

The setup cannot continue because the above drive does not exist.

This is a mapped network drive on my machine. After removing it, and restarting the machine, I am still faced with the same error.

Any help welcome. Cheers

Nick
QUOTE (weezul @ Oct 9 2013, 04:03 PM) *
Hello, I am trying to upgrade my plugins from RTAS to 32bit AAX, but every time I run the installer I get an error:

Error:

W:

The setup cannot continue because the above drive does not exist.

This is a mapped network drive on my machine. After removing it, and restarting the machine, I am still faced with the same error.

Any help welcome. Cheers

Hello weezul,

I think the installer is trying to find the right folder to install to.

It should be the one where the Digidesign plug-in folder is located, this is usually the same one where the system is installed that runs ProTools.

Try this and get right back to me if you're still not up and running.

Best Regards,

Nick
weezul
QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ Oct 10 2013, 10:48 AM) *
Hello weezul,

I think the installer is trying to find the right folder to install to.

It should be the one where the Digidesign plug-in folder is located, this is usually the same one where the system is installed that runs ProTools.

Try this and get right back to me if you're still not up and running.

Best Regards,

Nick

Sorry I should have made this clearer. This is the first thing the installer does, before I even get to pick any installation location.
Nick
QUOTE (weezul @ Oct 17 2013, 12:24 AM) *
Sorry I should have made this clearer. This is the first thing the installer does, before I even get to pick any installation location.

Hello weezul,

Is there any way that your drive: W has priority over the drive that has the system and the correct ProTools folders?

What happens if you re-install and force the installer to place the files on the right drive?

Best Regards,

Nick
whitealbum
QUOTE (whitealbum @ Aug 23 2013, 07:57 PM) *
Thanks

any news about the click problem for chorus ensemble?
runescapegold666
We heard of that but weren't able to reproduce up to now... Actually, we have been able to reproduce it but only on Mac running Windows under Parrallel...
cheap fifa 14 coins
buy fifa 14 coins
Nick
QUOTE (runescapegold666 @ Nov 28 2013, 06:57 AM) *
We heard of that but weren't able to reproduce up to now... Actually, we have been able to reproduce it but only on Mac running Windows under Parrallel...
cheap fifa 14 coins
buy fifa 14 coins

Hello runescapegold666,

Don't really understand your comment here, could you explain it better?

Best Regards,

Nick
Ry-Fi
Hey Nick and gang,

I've got another one to report (OS X 10.8.4, Pro Tools HD 10.3.7, P&M 3.0.3r1 AAX). I'm not sure if it's accurate to call this a bug per se, but it's definitely non-standard behaviour:

When editing automation for a plug-in's parameter, the current value is supposed to be displayed the entire time you're adjusting an automation point, so if for example you're clicking and dragging a point around, or trimming a line or selection up or down, there's a reading that shows the current value as it's updated in real-time. Every plug-in I've ever used on PT implements this behaviour.

P&M plug-ins do not do this. They only update and show the current value once you've quite editing, ie. released the mouse button.

This is actually incredibly frustrating as fine-tuning a value involves several repeated edits due to the fact that you don't know what the current value is and you have to guess repeatedly until you hone in on the desired value.

I hope this can be remedied in the next release. I'm making solid use of a bunch of your plug-ins on a big album mix I'm doing, but their rough edges compared to the rest of the RTAS/AAX crowd are definitely making me wince. I hope your devs can really flesh out all these little problems and get the P&M bundle up to perfection. (As I software dev myself, I both understand and yet hold you to the highest standards laugh.gif )...

Ryan
Nick
QUOTE (Ry-Fi @ Dec 12 2013, 08:19 PM) *
Hey Nick and gang,

I've got another one to report (OS X 10.8.4, Pro Tools HD 10.3.7, P&M 3.0.3r1 AAX). I'm not sure if it's accurate to call this a bug per se, but it's definitely non-standard behaviour:

When editing automation for a plug-in's parameter, the current value is supposed to be displayed the entire time you're adjusting an automation point, so if for example you're clicking and dragging a point around, or trimming a line or selection up or down, there's a reading that shows the current value as it's updated in real-time. Every plug-in I've ever used on PT implements this behaviour.

P&M plug-ins do not do this. They only update and show the current value once you've quite editing, ie. released the mouse button.

This is actually incredibly frustrating as fine-tuning a value involves several repeated edits due to the fact that you don't know what the current value is and you have to guess repeatedly until you hone in on the desired value.

I hope this can be remedied in the next release. I'm making solid use of a bunch of your plug-ins on a big album mix I'm doing, but their rough edges compared to the rest of the RTAS/AAX crowd are definitely making me wince. I hope your devs can really flesh out all these little problems and get the P&M bundle up to perfection. (As I software dev myself, I both understand and yet hold you to the highest standards laugh.gif )...

Ryan

Hello Ryan,

I know what you are saying here.

I was playing with Ultramaxit the other day and doing the fine tuning on a mix.

And it was a bit of pain not seeing what the values were that I was adjusting.

But as I was listening very carefully, and to do that I closed my eyes.

Although I am in the business of defending plug-ins, the fact that it has become very "visual" I feel it is counter productive.

Quite often when adjusting a EQ for example, I do not look at it, I do it by ear.

And when I see where the levels and curves have ended up, it is a bit a of shock, (yes I have to peek from time to time to make sure I'm on the right parameter).

All this is not to defend an oversight on our part, I have already passed on the info to our developers, it is just to say there was a day when all those buttons didn't mean a thing, it was just whether it made it sound better (or worse) ;-)

Best Regards,

Nick
Ry-Fi
QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ Dec 18 2013, 09:45 AM) *
Hello Ryan,

I know what you are saying here.

I was playing with Ultramaxit the other day and doing the fine tuning on a mix.

And it was a bit of pain not seeing what the values were that I was adjusting.

But as I was listening very carefully, and to do that I closed my eyes.

Although I am in the business of defending plug-ins, the fact that it has become very "visual" I feel it is counter productive.

Quite often when adjusting a EQ for example, I do not look at it, I do it by ear.

And when I see where the levels and curves have ended up, it is a bit a of shock, (yes I have to peek from time to time to make sure I'm on the right parameter).

All this is not to defend an oversight on our part, I have already passed on the info to our developers, it is just to say there was a day when all those buttons didn't mean a thing, it was just whether it made it sound better (or worse) ;-)

Best Regards,

Nick

I appreciate what you're saying, and believe me, my ears are always the final say in every single mix decision and microscopic tweak I make. Still, as you acknowledge, this doesn't absolve your plugins from needing to behave consistently to all the other plugins with the correct behaviour.

And part of it's an OCD thing too. My sessions are incredibly and meticulously structured and I try to adhere to consistent best practices. When I draw automation and I want a section to maintain a steady value, I want to be sure the endpoints have the same value -- I can't stand a slightly uneven line with a slow value creep - it drives me nuts! Having said that, I know that there are key commands for adding an automation point with the same value as the one prior or after... but the point I'm trying to make is that I consider the visual, organizational, informative aspect of a huge complex mix to be an important factor. Numerical value displays are a part of this and I expect them to be accurate and behave properly.

I realize my feelings might be a bit extreme on the issue, but others with the same level of OCD-like behaviour are surely nodding in agreement right now. laugh.gif

Thanks for addressing the issue, of course!
weezul
Hey guys,
Just to mention, I recently migrated from a PC install of Pro Tools to a Hackintosh install. Everything works great, apart from now when I open old sessions, they claim any PM plugins are missing. However, they are there in the list if I replace them. However, this isn't really any use as I loose all the plugin settings!!!

I was using 32bit AAX on windows on these sessions, and now i've installed RTAS and AAX on the MAC and I still get sessions that I open, where the PM plugins are called 'missing'. Is there some sort of naming convention that is not the same between PC and MAC builds of PM plug ins?

Thanks

Also, in response to my previous post about not being able to install due to mapped network drives, I fixed that with a registry tweak. Damned if i can find it now though!!! Loving Hackintosh too much right now wink.gif
Nick
QUOTE (weezul @ Jan 19 2014, 12:23 AM) *
Hey guys,
Just to mention, I recently migrated from a PC install of Pro Tools to a Hackintosh install. Everything works great, apart from now when I open old sessions, they claim any PM plugins are missing. However, they are there in the list if I replace them. However, this isn't really any use as I loose all the plugin settings!!!

I was using 32bit AAX on windows on these sessions, and now i've installed RTAS and AAX on the MAC and I still get sessions that I open, where the PM plugins are called 'missing'. Is there some sort of naming convention that is not the same between PC and MAC builds of PM plug ins?

Thanks

Also, in response to my previous post about not being able to install due to mapped network drives, I fixed that with a registry tweak. Damned if i can find it now though!!! Loving Hackintosh too much right now wink.gif

Hello weezul,

This is perhaps not a Hackintosh problem, but a ProTools not finding the info coming across from the Windows sessions.

Try this (excuse me if you know this already) rolleyes.gif

When you save the Windows ProTools session do a "save copy in" and make sure to include the "session plug-in setting folder" and "root plug-in setting folder" from that session.

Then ProTools will have some info to retrieve that should help the Plug and Mix to find the settings that were used on the Windows sessions.

Hopefully this will help you out.

If it doesn't there might be a "permissions" problem that occasionally manifests itself on Macintosh.

Best Regards,

Nick
weezul
QUOTE (Nick@DontCrack @ Jan 21 2014, 11:50 AM) *
Hello weezul,

This is perhaps not a Hackintosh problem, but a ProTools not finding the info coming across from the Windows sessions.

Try this (excuse me if you know this already) rolleyes.gif

When you save the Windows ProTools session do a "save copy in" and make sure to include the "session plug-in setting folder" and "root plug-in setting folder" from that session.

Then ProTools will have some info to retrieve that should help the Plug and Mix to find the settings that were used on the Windows sessions.

Hopefully this will help you out.

If it doesn't there might be a "permissions" problem that occasionally manifests itself on Macintosh.

Best Regards,

Nick

Thanks for the tips! Repair permissions diddn't seem to help.

I don't have my original Win7 boot any more, and there's only one session which I really needed them for. That band were threatening to come back with a fiddle player for some revisions, but it seems like they've got new material now. Recall works fine on sessions that started on the mac. If I ever get round to sorting out my Win7 partition I will let you know if it works.
Thanks again for the reply
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.